Any Baptists here?

By that I mean members who attend a Baptist congregation? I am a Christian who pretty much blooms where I am planted. My area has 3 Lutheran churches. 1 Catholic, 1 Methodist, and two Pentecostal churches. The Baptist one suited my family's tastes so I settled there.
Retired Baptist pastor here. Raised Lutheran, attended an AoG church in college, have spoken and served in Methodist and Independent churches. Married to a former R.C. (she was on her way out when we met - I...um...may have hastened the process a bit! :);) )

Retired Baptist pastor here. Raised Lutheran, attended an AoG church in college, have spoken and served in Methodist and Independent churches. Married to a former R.C. (she was on her way out when we met - I...um...may have hastened the process a bit! :);) )
Quite a spiritual highway there! i went from AOG, to Free Church, and now a Calvinist Baptist!

Wow! You've had quite the journey too!
Yeah. For me? From "non denom" to "non denom" to "wait...there's no such thing as non denom?" to antinomianism, to the Bible.

After understanding God's sovereignty from His revealed Word, (then there's this baby-baptizing thing)…yeah...I understand, but it's all about what the Bible says.

So, to sum up...

LOST...to "Churched" to lost to wandered in the wilderness. Then, from Truth to Theology, to....

Yeah...Five Pointer and Baptist.

I hate labels, and YeshuaFan and I will probably disagree on many "points" (sorry, couldn't resist).

Christ rules all, and I yearn for home. In the meantime, I'm here to use what He gave me to glorify his name and bring him many returns on his gifts.

Never been one to say this, but can I get an "amen?"

Yeah. For me? From "non denom" to "non denom" to "wait...there's no such thing as non denom?" to antinomianism, to the Bible.

After understanding God's sovereignty from His revealed Word, (then there's this baby-baptizing thing)…yeah...I understand, but it's all about what the Bible says.

So, to sum up...

LOST...to "Churched" to lost to wandered in the wilderness. Then, from Truth to Theology, to....

I hate labels, and YeshuaFan and I will probably disagree on many "points" (sorry, couldn't resist).

Christ rules all, and I yearn for home. In the meantime, I'm here to use what He gave me to glorify his name and bring him many returns on his gifts.

I am a Particular Baptist, so 5 pointer minus baby baptism!

I think I remember you from quite a few years back. How long have you been back on CARM? I only came back 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I think I remember you from quite a few years back. How long have you been back on CARM? I only came back 2 or 3 weeks ago.
Hello! Yes, it's me. Been gone for 9 or so years.
Had to use another R this time in the handle. I just came back over this past weekend.

So, to sum up...

I like ther 2689 Confession of faith, but only the Bible is inspired!

Ther 2689 is good, but yer 'splanation is betterer.

Agreed. Only the Bible is inspired.

You talk WAY over my head with translations. Keep talking, though. I learn this way.

...so...can you provide a link to that 2689 thingy?

Ther 2689 is good, but yer 'splanation is betterer.

Agreed. Only the Bible is inspired.

You talk WAY over my head with translations. Keep talking, though. I learn this way.

...so...can you provide a link to that 2689 thingy?
What did you think of the Baptist Confession?

You mean as it's basically the same as the WCoF, with alterations?

In my honest opinion, the BCF says much the same thing, but is much more "seeker friendly."
Basically the same as the Westminster one, just no more infant baptism, and differing in church government!

Basically the same as the Westminster one, just no more infant baptism, and differing in church government!
I don't have the problem with pedobaptism, as Baptists do. Do I think believer's baptism has more weight than pedobaptism? Yep. I don't use the drama that Baptists do about this, though.

As for differing in church gov't, yes they do.

I don't have the problem with pedobaptism, as Baptists do. Do I think believer's baptism has more weight than pedobaptism? Yep. I don't use the drama that Baptists do about this, though.

As for differing in church gov't, yes they do.
I do see believers baptism as the Biblical way, as one needs to received Jesus as Lord first, but woukld not require one infant baptized to be redone of they have Jesus as their Messiah!

Back