Any Baptists here?

Some Baptist churches do require it for those having been baptized as a baby, if that person wants to become a member of that church. Some do not - They have more of an "open" membership policy.
Same with communion - Some Baptist churches do insist/require that only those having experienced 'Believer's Baptism' can participate.
Others practice a more "open'' Communion.

Some Baptist churches do require it for those having been baptized as a baby, if that person wants to become a member of that church. Some do not - They have more of an "open" membership policy.
Same with communion - Some Baptist churches do insist/require that only those having experienced 'Believer's Baptism' can participate.
Others practice a more "open'' Communion.
My baptist church [practices open communion, but all members were believer baptized!

I do see believers baptism as the Biblical way, as one needs to received Jesus as Lord first, but woukld not require one infant baptized to be redone of they have Jesus as their Messiah!
My point exactly. I have four kids. Two were baptized at birth, two were dedicated. The oldest of my daughters wants to affirm her baptism, and we're talking about how to make that public to our church body.

The twin girls just wanna be baptized.

I'm just thankful.

My point exactly. I have four kids. Two were baptized at birth, two were dedicated. The oldest of my daughters wants to affirm her baptism, and we're talking about how to make that public to our church body.

The twin girls just wanna be baptized.

I'm just thankful.
What is all important is not mode of water baptism, but if saved or not!

My baptist church [practices open communion, but all members were believer baptized!
What about visitors that happen to be in the congregation? Not all visitors are born again. Would they be invited to take part in the communion service? Our pastor tells the congregation that any visitors are welcome to take part if they have been born again, if they are Christian. How would you handle that?

What about visitors that happen to be in the congregation? Not all visitors are born again. Would they be invited to take part in the communion service? Our pastor tells the congregation that any visitors are welcome to take part if they have been born again, if they are Christian. How would you handle that?
Same way!

Same - That's what I said at the beginning of the communion time in the churches I served. I guess you could say it was a sort of "preface".

The five solas and the 1689 London Baptist Confession. I'm surrounded by LDS, three buildings within 2 miles and a Temple at 6 miles.

I attend Apologia Church in Tempe AZ. My Pastors are Jeff Durbin and James R, White.
James White is your pastor? THE James White?

James White is your pastor? THE James White?

Yes he is. I didn't go looking for him but of course I have followed his teachings for quite some time. My husband and I had been looking for a new church when Jeff Durbin brought Apologia to the Phoenix AZ.

James White's daughter Summer had been attending there for quite some time. James and his wife Kelly came some time ago. One thing led to another, and the Lord was at work.

We are triple blessed by strong teachers and leaders.

I'm involved in ENDABORTIONNOW ministry.

Sometime I'll tell you how a heretic introduced me to James White. The Lord's ways are mysterious indeed. ✝️

How is he playing nice with Islam?
How is he playing nice with Islam?

I'm not sure what you are getting at, but your characterization of White is seriously flawed.

If you have some evidence maybe start a conversation in a different thread.

He's also "shared the platform" with Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, other false religions and other false gospels. If it's wrong or right for one then it is wrong or right for all of them.

IMHO I see no issue here.

Born a Catholic, came to know Jesus through a Presbyterian girl, baptized in a Pentecostal (NOT Charismatic) church, married in AoG, wound up in Baptist churches. Moved to NC, and found the local Baptist churches were KJV-Only (Yeah, that's a shout) as well as anti-communion in practice. Attending an SBC church in a nearby town.
(FWIW, I heard Dr. White several times on Long Island, and have several of his books. "The Forgotten Trinity" was especially good!)

--Rich

Born a Catholic, came to know Jesus through a Presbyterian girl, baptized in a Pentecostal (NOT Charismatic) church, married in AoG, wound up in Baptist churches. Moved to NC, and found the local Baptist churches were KJV-Only (Yeah, that's a shout) as well as anti-communion in practice. Attending an SBC church in a nearby town.
(FWIW, I heard Dr. White several times on Long Island, and have several of his books. "The Forgotten Trinity" was especially good!)

--Rich
Dang! That was supposed to be "KJV-ONLY"
Dumm phone!

Jesus left us with this commandment:

Matthew 28:19

19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

You can't get involved in converting a muslim if you don't know anything about what they believe.

This type of thing is instructive to Christians. Most of us won't do the work of learning the heresy of their beliefs. James White did that for you. You should be thanking him.

The people who complained are talking out of ignorance. The Pastor of the church had to have approved this gathering, since tickets were sold for it.

Don't let sources influence your view. This particular news site practically screams "send us your gossip"

This is from their home page:

"Christian News Network and its prime site, ChristianNews.net, aim to dig deep to find and report truth. Through investigative journalism, direct interviews and in-depth reporting, our breaking news stories go well beyond the surface and into the thick of the issues and current events affecting our nation and world."

First, this was a ticketed discussion forum. No one was forced to go. It wasn't a debate.

Second, it was a Tuesday Night. Not a regular church service.

The only push-back was from a Dr. Gregory Williams who claimed to be a member of the Cross Church in Washington D.C. I visited their website and could not find his name anywhere. He comes across as 'holier than thou'. It should also be noted, that this particular (Cross Church) isn't a Baptist church of any type. Not hardline Fundies, Baptists or the SBC Baptists. Calling their Pastor a "Bishop" should tell you there are no baptist distinctives.

CHURCH HISTORY | nbwotc

There are many who supported White as well.

I sit under the teaching of this man. Let me assure you that he knows a false prophet when he sees one.

Try to give other Christians the benefit of the doubt until you have proven evidence otherwise. This article is a hit piece by a site that collects and even encourages Christians to send them gossip to report on.

Some advice from the scriptures: It describes any organization that strives to bring up strife.

James 3:6

6 And the tongue is a fire, the very world of unrighteousness; the tongue is set among our body’s parts as that which defiles the whole body and sets on fire the course of our life, and is set on fire by hell.

God speed my friend.

--Rich

I have read almost all of his books before he was ever my Pastor.

I don't have any problem with the KJV, it's the 'ONLY' crowd that makes me testy. They seem to have lost all ability to reason, use logic or treat others the way God has instructed us to.

God Speed my friend.

Back