Any predictions for the Saturday rally to support the Jan 6 rioters?

Whateverman

So yes, this was a major achievement for AOC and should not be denigrated.
To be fair, whether one agrees that they should not do a thing appeals to their civility and personal integrity - both of which are in short supply with your interlocutor...

Reformedguy

LOL?

Yes, the Intel competition is actually really something. The DC area has two magnet schools that routinely send kids to this national competition, one of which my son attended. I know how tough this competition is and how high their standards are, and how few kids manage to get into the finals, which not only requires that they complete an outstanding project that produces new and interesting results, but that they can clearly explain what they did and answer pointed questions from a panel of expert scientists. So yes, this was a major achievement for AOC and should not be denigrated.
It's so "really someting" nobody has ever heard of it. How deep did you have to go to find that one? Good effort though.

Reformedguy

LOL?

Yes, the Intel competition is actually really something. The DC area has two magnet schools that routinely send kids to this national competition, one of which my son attended. I know how tough this competition is and how high their standards are, and how few kids manage to get into the finals, which not only requires that they complete an outstanding project that produces new and interesting results, but that they can clearly explain what they did and answer pointed questions from a panel of expert scientists. So yes, this was a major achievement for AOC and should not be denigrated.
Whoop de doo. She is a idiot. A bartender. Good job digging that up though. A good sign your desperate

BMS

This is total garbage. When people start complaining about the actions of the police, there is a strong possibility that their complaints are that their particular bias and prejudices are not being pandered to. As in this case.
I have given you plenty of examples and everyone has seen them. I don't side with transactivists who have your ideology, who influence Police hate crime guidance, and who tell women rape victims to 'reframe their trauma'

Temujin

I have given you plenty of examples and everyone has seen them. I don't side with transactivists who have your ideology, who influence Police hate crime guidance, and who tell women rape victims to 'reframe their trauma'
No, you complain about the way the courts interpret the law
You complain about the way the police enforce the law. You complain about victims using the law for redress. You complain that the faux complaints made by the small donkeys you support are dismissed by the law. You complain about the law. The law of our country, the one you and I live in, is against you. That law is recent, supported by politicians on all sides, by churches and by the vast majority of the population as a whole. I can't help that you are a misfit in society, but I can call you out when you tell untruths about it. Your views on trans issues, same sex issues and on abortion are thankfully abhorrent to all decent people in this country, which, again thankfully, is most of us. You lost. You continue to lose. You will always lose. Tough.

DeSanto

There will be a rally in front on Congress to demand justice for the people charged and arrested for their roles in the Jan 6 attack.
The organizers insist there will be no violence, that they want to protest how unfairly those rioters have been treated, claiming they are political prisoners.

The DC and Capitol police are planning ahead in case there are problems. They are putting the fencing back in place around the Capitol, and expect to have the National Guard and police of local jurisdictions on standby.

Congress is not in session.

I do not know if there is much information on the organizers, and the fact that hotel reservations have not shot up suggests this might be very tiny. From CNN:

Previous events organized by this group have been small and uneventful, and while that is likely to be the case with this one, there is always the possibility that events could spiral out of control. We'll see.
FBI/CIA assets weak, stupid attempt to set up trump supporters. I’m sure the media will find a way to fool you, though. It’s been fairly easy to do so far.

Last edited:

Reformedguy

No, you complain about the way the courts interpret the law
You complain about the way the police enforce the law. You complain about victims using the law for redress. You complain that the faux complaints made by the small donkeys you support are dismissed by the law. You complain about the law. The law of our country, the one you and I live in, is against you. That law is recent, supported by politicians on all sides, by churches and by the vast majority of the population as a whole. I can't help that you are a misfit in society, but I can call you out when you tell untruths about it. Your views on trans issues, same sex issues and on abortion are thankfully abhorrent to all decent people in this country, which, again thankfully, is most of us. You lost. You continue to lose. You will always lose. Tough.
Decent people? What's a decent person?

vibise

It's so "really someting" nobody has ever heard of it. How deep did you have to go to find that one? Good effort though.
That you have never heard of it does not mean it is not a really big deal competition among the top high school students with an interest and aptitude in science. Many winners of this competition go on to become Nobel Prize winners.

Reformedguy

That you have never heard of it does not mean it is not a really big deal competition among the top high school students with an interest and aptitude in science. Many winners of this competition go on to become Nobel Prize winners.
To 99.9% of the population it means nothing and obviously you do not have to be that bright to participate. She being the prime example.

Bob Carabbio

There will be a rally in front on Congress to demand justice for the people charged and arrested for their roles in the Jan 6 attack.
The organizers insist there will be no violence, that they want to protest how unfairly those rioters have been treated, claiming they are political prisoners.

The DC and Capitol police are planning ahead in case there are problems. They are putting the fencing back in place around the Capitol, and expect to have the National Guard and police of local jurisdictions on standby.

Congress is not in session.

I do not know if there is much information on the organizers, and the fact that hotel reservations have not shot up suggests this might be very tiny. From CNN:

Previous events organized by this group have been small and uneventful, and while that is likely to be the case with this one, there is always the possibility that events could spiral out of control. We'll see.
I predict, that I won't pay any attention whatsoever to all the hype, and promotional BS, that the media wantsto get my attention with. I also predict that regardless of what happend, it'll MEAN NOTHING.

vibise

To 99.9% of the population it means nothing and obviously you do not have to be that bright to participate. She being the prime example.
What is the basis for your claim that you do not have to be that bright to participate? This is a major science competition if not the major one for high school students at the national level, and that it finds the top talent is indicated by the fact that many Intel winners eventually win Nobel Prizes in science.

That the general population is unaware of this competition means what? Nothing other that people tend to be uninformed.

Yakuda

And you'll cheer a bunch of right-wingnut idiots rioting, huh?
Just like you did for the left wing nuts of black liars murder. I have nothing but contempt for people like you who divide America. Filthy animals on the left.

Temujin

Decent people? What's a decent person?
They are relatively common in the UK. When you have got covid under control in your country and are allowed entry, you should come over here and meet some.

(I am assuming that you are American. If that is not the case, I apologise in advance.)

BMS

They are relatively common in the UK. When you have got covid under control in your country and are allowed entry, you should come over here and meet some.

(I am assuming that you are American. If that is not the case, I apologise in advance.)
Give me some examples then if people in the UK who arent decent. ( not just individual names of people but the reasons why they arent decent )

Temujin

Give me some examples then if people in the UK who arent decent. ( not just individual names of people but the reasons why they arent decent )
Decency implies fairness and treating other people with respect and humanity. That means dealing with individuals as individuals rather than as representatives of a class of people. If you want examples of public figures in the UK who are not decent, try Tommy Robinson, who has never said or done a decent thing in his life. Ian Paisley, now deceased, was another such. I have come across both of these in person. I'm sure that other figures spring to mind on all sides of the political spectrum, but I hesitate to denounce anyone I haven't actually met. Even Margaret Thatcher and Arthur Scargill had their supporters and may have had good points.

I find it odd that a self-avowed Christian would have to ask an atheist what constitutes a decent person.

BMS

Decency implies fairness and treating other people with respect and humanity.
In principle yes, but that depends what you mean by people. All people begin their lives as unborn humans yet you don't consider them people and I don't think killing them is treating them with respect and humanity.
So yes decency is as you say, but that doesn't mean anyone is entirely decent.
That means dealing with individuals as individuals rather than as representatives of a class of people.
But dealing with individuals in what way? Seems that is what I keep pointing out to you. You disparage scientists who sign with the nettie project, you disparage gays and lesbians in the LGB Alliance etc. Seems to me you dont treat people as individuals but treat people by their class of people. I disparage people as well and shouldn't which means neither of us are decent or only you are because you are somehow exempt.

If you want examples of public figures in the UK who are not decent,
No, I asked for the examples of people who you think are decent, not who you think aren't decent. Why when I ask you for examples of people who are decent the only examples are of people you consider not decent or might be decent. Why would you do that?
try Tommy Robinson, who has never said or done a decent thing in his life.
Wow. Are you sure he has never done anything decent in his whole life? I know not everyone is perfect like you but seriously!
Ian Paisley, now deceased, was another such.
Another one. Having been asked to give examples of people who are decent you fail to give one but give two examples of people you judge as not decent in any way. Wow.

I have come across both of these in person.
I am sure they spoke very highly of you :);)

I'm sure that other figures spring to mind on all sides of the political spectrum, but I hesitate to denounce anyone I haven't actually met. Even Margaret Thatcher and Arthur Scargill had their supporters and may have had good points.
So still no one you judge for certain as decent. Even though you referred to the majority of people in the UK you judge as being decent you cant even give one example.

I find it odd that a self-avowed Christian would have to ask an atheist what constitutes a decent person.
You find any reality odd. The Christian view is that we all fall short and that means we aren't decent, whereas your position seems to be most people are decent even though its according to your judgement and you cant actually name anyone anyway.