Any predictions for the Saturday rally to support the Jan 6 rioters?

Temujin

In principle yes, but that depends what you mean by people. All people begin their lives as unborn humans yet you don't consider them people and I don't think killing them is treating them with respect and humanity. [
Quite correct. The unborn in the early stages of pregnancy are not classed as "people" and I am quite comfortable with them being destroyed if circumstances so dictate.
But dealing with individuals in what way? Seems that is what I keep pointing out to you. You disparage scientists who sign with the nettie project, you disparage gays and lesbians in the LGB Alliance etc.
Admonish the behaviour, not the person. I try to do this. When all I know about someone is their obnoxious behaviour, then it may seem that I condemn them as a person, but that is not so. I don't know them as individuals.
That doesn't mean that I can't condemn what I do know about them. Where a prerequisite of membership of a particular group is that they are hateful, there is no problem with condemning the group for that.[QUOTE ySeems to me you dont treat people as individuals but treat people by their class of people.
You are mistaken.
No, I asked for the examples of people who you think are decent, not who you think aren't decent. Why when I ask you for examples of people who are decent the only examples are of people you consider not decent or might be decent. Why would you do that?
Because that's what you asked me to do.
Don't blame me for your typos or poor memory.
Give me some examples then if(sic) people in the UK who arent decent. ( not just individual names of people but the reasons why they arent decent)

Wow. Are you sure he has never done anything decent in his whole life? I know not everyone is perfect like you but seriously!
I'm not aware of anything. He may have shared sweets as a toddler, but not with anyone who wasn't white.

Another one. Having been asked to give examples of people who are decent you fail to give one but give two examples of people you judge as not decent in any way. Wow.
See above, then retract this typically two-faced criticism.

So still no one you judge for certain as decent. Even though you referred to the majority of people in the UK you judge as being decent you cant even give one example.
I can give millions, but wasn't asked to. If you want one specific example I would say the current mayor of Bangor in north Wales, who has overcome a great deal of prejudice to achieve their position as the first elected non-binary mayor in the world. If you want others, I would say that Boris Johnson is decent though a buffoon, as is Jeremy Corbyn. Tony Blair and David Cameron are both decent men. Margaret Thatcher was deranged but her cabinet was full of decent people, Peter Carrington being the most notable. Why are they decent? Because they have principles (with the exception of Johnson of course but treat people with respect. They acknowledge that people may disagree with them honourably, while behaving honourably themselves. (Again, Boris Johnson is the exception. Perhaps he is just amiable rather than decent.)

You find any reality odd. The Christian view is that we all fall short and that means we aren't decent, whereas your position seems to be most people are decent even though its according to your judgement and you cant actually name anyone anyway.
Come back when you have revisited what you actually asked for. Since your criticism of my "failure" to do what you asked is such a central part of your post, it's amazing that you didn't actually read what you asked for.

Reformedguy

They are relatively common in the UK. When you have got covid under control in your country and are allowed entry, you should come over here and meet some.

(I am assuming that you are American. If that is not the case, I apologise in advance.)
Did you understand my question?

You will have to pardon me if I don't jump at the chance to take advice from the continent that blessed the world with two world wars and mass genocide. Thanks just the same.

Reformedguy

What is the basis for your claim that you do not have to be that bright to participate? This is a major science competition if not the major one for high school students at the national level, and that it finds the top talent is indicated by the fact that many Intel winners eventually win Nobel Prizes in science.

That the general population is unaware of this competition means what? Nothing other that people tend to be uninformed.
You are uninformed I will grant you but anyone who proposes a railway to Europe is no scientist and is stupid. AOC being the prime example.

Temujin

Did you understand my question?
Yes. And answered.

You will have to pardon me if I don't jump at the chance to take advice from the continent that blessed the world with two world wars and mass genocide. Thanks just the same.
Also responsible for what passes as civilisation in your continent, having wiped out the indigenous societies. The difference is that Europe has learnt and got better and become more decent. Perhaps your question would be better aimed at you.

Bob1

Just like you did for the left wing nuts of black liars murder. I have nothing but contempt for people like you who divide America. Filthy animals on the left.
What "nuts" would those be? So you don't think black lives are important?... that they shouldn't be killed/assaulted for no reason by cops? It's the right-wingnuts that are dividing the country and destroying democracy. Gullible crybabies can't accept that their orange messiah lost. They now what to declare any election they don't win as fraudulent.

Bob1

No? What do you call attacking cops, starring buildings on fire, looting and attacking people in their cars?
Cops attacked protesters in many cases. tRump tried sending in his goon squad that would grab people off the street for no reason. Most of the protests were peaceful, unlike what Republicans did on January 6th.

Bob1

You are uninformed I will grant you but anyone who proposes a railway to Europe is no scientist and is stupid. AOC being the prime example.
Likewise, anyone who denies that vaccines and masks work is stupid and no scientist. Not to mention the idiocy of Jewish space lasers supposedly being used to start forest fires😂.

BMS

Quite correct. The unborn in the early stages of pregnancy are not classed as "people" and I am quite comfortable with them being destroyed if circumstances so dictate.
You made a disparaging remark when I posted a badly formatted post. Now, if all people begin their lives as unborn humans, to which you said correct, how can they not be people. You have just told me that people aren't people.
Trying to debate with you gets more and more bizarre every post you make.
Admonish the behaviour, not the person.
It was opinions that were discussed and what did you call the scientists? I don't think so. you don't practice what you preach.
When all I know about someone is their obnoxious behaviour, then it may seem that I condemn them as a person, but that is not so. I don't know them as individuals.
Nor do we know everything they have done, so we cant say they have never done anything decent like you did.

Now I apologise, you are correct, I mistakenly asked for examples of those who arent decent, mistakenly because your claim was mots people are decent. So now give some examples of people who are decent.

I'm not aware of anything. He may have shared sweets as a toddler, but not with anyone who wasn't white.
So you don't know. you said he never did anything decent and when challenged we find you dont know whether he never did anything decent.

If you want one specific example I would say the current mayor of Bangor in north Wales, who has overcome a great deal of prejudice to achieve their position as the first elected non-binary mayor in the world.
J K Rowling has overcome a great deal of prejudice as well including pipe bomb death threats from his community and Rosie Duffield is currently having to overcome prejudice from his community.
What about them? How do you know the Major of Bangor is anymore decent than J K Rowling or Rosie Duffield?

Come back when you have revisited what you actually asked for. Since your criticism of my "failure" to do what you asked is such a central part of your post, it's amazing that you didn't actually read what you asked for.
Just done that, but this was a separate proposal. The Christian view is that we all fall short and that means we aren't decent, whereas your position seems to be most people are decent even though its according to your judgement you cant be sure

Temujin

You made a disparaging remark when I posted a badly formatted post. Now, if all people begin their lives as unborn humans, to which you said correct, how can they not be people. You have just told me that people aren't people.
Trying to debate with you gets more and more bizarre every post you make.
Are the unborn adults? No, they may become adults if they survive to adulthood. Are the unborn people? No, they may become people if they survive long enough.

Now I apologise, you are correct, I mistakenly asked for examples of those who arent decent, mistakenly because your claim was mots people are decent. So now give some examples of people who are decent.
Good for you. I have done so.

J K Rowling has overcome a great deal of prejudice as well including pipe bomb death threats from his community and Rosie Duffield is currently having to overcome prejudice from his community.
What about them? How do you know the Major of Bangor is anymore decent than J K Rowling or Rosie Duffield?
Firstly, Rosie Duffield is female and is referred to as "she". Secondly, both she and Rowling are decent people whose particular views are understandably coloured by their personal experiences of domestic abuse. Thirdly, decency is not a competition. There are decent people in all walks of life, in all cultures and faiths.

Just done that, but this was a separate proposal. The Christian view is that we all fall short and that means we aren't decent, whereas your position seems to be most people are decent even though its according to your judgement you cant be sure
I am aware that Christianity is a particularly dismal and pessimistic religion with a misanthropic attitude to humanity. Simple humanitarian behaviour does not need to be validated by either me or Christianity. You asked for my opinion. Don't criticise me for giving it.

Reformedguy

Likewise, anyone who denies that vaccines and masks work is stupid and no scientist. Not to mention the idiocy of Jewish space lasers supposedly being used to start forest fires😂.
Kind of like the accusers of Brett Cavanaugh, the blood for oil crowd and the Trump messed with the voting machines crowd? Do you have a mirror around by chance?