Any pro-life people here able to defend their position?

Let's approach this from another angle

I'm not asking you to identify all harm and determine which does and which does not qualify as needless
THAT, would be presumptuous...

What I want to know from you is if there is a harm, one that you recognize as and believe to be needless, and you go ahead and inflict it anyway - are you immoral for doing so???
God cannot do needless harm. I should say does not. I am just repeating what I said hours ago.

God cannot do needless harm.
Anytime that God causes harm it is, by definition, needless because God never, ever needs to cause harm in order to achieve His desired end

A surgeon has no other choice except to cut a person open {the harm} in order to remove a cancer {the greater good}
God is different
God ALWAYS has a choice

God NEVER, EVER needs to cut us in order to heal us
God can remove the cancer WITHOUT cutting {harm}

Feel free to argue that God cannot do harm, but it is nonsensical to argue that God cannot do NEEDLESS harm

Anytime that God causes harm it is, by definition, needless because God never, ever needs to cause harm in order to achieve His desired end

A surgeon has no other choice except to cut a person open {the harm} in order to remove a cancer {the greater good}
God is different
God ALWAYS has a choice

Feel free to argue that God cannot do harm, but it is nonsensical to argue that God cannot do NEEDLESS harm
Again who in the world are you to judge God. You are engaging in a fools errand. But go ahead and pretend that you know better.

God is different
God ALWAYS has a choice

What you ignore that God does not owe you anything.

Again who in the world are you to judge God.
His moral better - that's who I am
That's who you are
That's who most every one of us are

Will you answer my question or not???

If there is a harm, one that you recognize as and believe to be needless, and you go ahead and inflict it anyway - are you immoral for doing so???

His moral better - that's who I am
That's who you are
That's who most every one of us are

If there is a harm, one that you recognize as and believe to be needless, and you go ahead and inflict it anyway - are you immoral for doing so???
Why does God owe to those that disobey him.

Why does God owe to those that disobey him.
I'm not talking about God right now
I'm talking about you

I'm not talking about God right now
I'm talking about you

Since God never acts in a needless way, the question is moot.

Since God never acts in a needless way, the question is moot.
If God never acts in a needless way, then it naturally follows, that when He does act it's because He needs to act
Because He is required to act
Because He is being forced to act

Who is requiring God to act, glen?
What is forcing God to do what He does?

Other than a voluntary conformance to logic
{i.e. won't make a square circle, for example}
and a voluntary conformance to His own Holy Nature
{i.e. won't act contrary to His own attributes}
I was under the impression that nothing and no one is greater than God!

I was under the impression that, as sovereign, God was in complete and total control

I guess not, though
Thanks for setting me straight!

Or could it be that you are dead wrong and nothing and no one compels God to do anything...?

If God never acts in a needless way, then it naturally follows, that when He does act it's because He needs to act
Because He is required to act
Because He is being forced to act

Who is requiring God to act, glen?
What is forcing God to do what He does?

Other than a voluntary conformance to logic
{i.e. won't make a square circle, for example}
and a voluntary conformance to His own Holy Nature
{i.e. won't act contrary to His own attributes}
I was under the impression that nothing and no one is greater than God!

I was under the impression that, as sovereign, God was in complete and total control

I guess not, though
Thanks for setting me straight!

Or could it be that you are dead wrong and nothing and no one compels God to do anything...?
In first sentence change the word needs to want.

the rest of your posting becomes drivel.

In first sentence change the word needs to want.
I agree with you, glen - when God inflicts harm upon us it's because He WANTS TO!
Not because He HAS TO

In other words, when God inflicts harm it's needless harm rather than needful/needed harm

Again, it's the difference between a surgeon who has no other choice except to cut you open in order to remove the cancer and a sadist who needlessly cuts you open even though he could easily remove the cancer without cutting you

I agree with you, glen - when God inflicts harm upon us it's because He WANTS TO!
Not because He HAS TO

In other words, when God inflicts harm it's needless harm rather than needful/needed harm

Again, it's the difference between a surgeon who has no other choice except to cut you open in order to remove the cancer and a sadist who needlessly cuts you open even though he could easily remove the cancer without cutting you
So you expect Gos to Bow to your every whim.

More signs of your self absorbtion.

Not because He HAS TO

I find that #1 describes you perfectly And to a lesser extent #2

Back