Any pro-life people here able to defend their position?

And you have a flawed idea that you set that standard,
Nope
WE set the standard, glen

And that includes you!

And this is precisely why you refuse to acknowledge that you would be immoral for inflicting, upon another, a harm that you knew to be needless

Your judgement - just like my own - is better than God's and you are absolutely terrified to admit it to yourself - much less to me
Rest assured, though, God sees right through you
He knows how you really feel, deep down - no matter how much you try to bury it
He knows what you actually think - no matter how much you try to suppress it

Men should have no say about what is growing inside a woman's body.
Those men have already exercised their choice when it came to having unprotected sex, and should take responsibility for the consequences, right?
Biological facts have solved the issue. No father, no baby. What causes the woman's hCG to rise within 10 days after conception? Biology has an answer. Go look it up.

This should be true only if men have no financial obligation to the woman or baby in her belly.

Remember, you used the word "should".

If women are the only people who should have right to determine the treatment of the fetus, then women should have sole responsibility for what happens to that fetus (in terms of care and rearing) throughout its life.

Reasonable women recognize that men are somewhat responsible for that fetus' existence, and should thus have somewhat of a say as to what happens to it. Certainly not veto power, as in forcing the mother to carry to term, but definitely more decision making power than "none".
I see that basic anatomy and physiology eludes you. Shameful!

Nope
WE set the standard, glen

And that includes you!

And this is precisely why you refuse to acknowledge that you would be immoral for inflicting, upon another, a harm that you knew to be needless

Your judgement - just like my own - is better than God's and you are absolutely terrified to admit it to yourself - much less to me
Rest assured, though, God sees right through you
He knows how you really feel, deep down - no matter how much you try to bury it
He knows what you actually think - no matter how much you try to suppress it

do not include me in your phony standard

and again you insist on pretending to speak for me. You do not have that knowledge or right.

you are being dishonest by attempting to do that

Yes. They made their choice, and they should own up.
I thought conservatives were all about expecting people to show responsibility for their actions.
I don't believe anyone has said this the way you twisted it. Conservatives believe that fathers should be responsible and present in the lives of their children. Many women see pregnancy as a way to access the man's ATM machine. Seriously this isn't even a consideration since no abortion happened.

And as for the men, you think they have no responsibility for the babies they make?

If a pregnancy cannot be terminated, then shouldn't both parents be responsible for the care and upbringing of any resulting babies?

God's plan is get married before starting a family.
margaret sanger favored fornication and adultery
Why should the male have no responsibility for his actions?
Planned parenthood says kill the baby.

You are quoting people who are glad to be pregnant and naturally use such language. Abortion should be discussed using precise language, because ambiguity leads to misunderstanding. Anything that is a barrier to understanding should be avoided.

Doesn't matter. It's a militant pro-choice woman who understands that what's inside her is *her baby*.

And if we want to talk about abortion in "precise language", let's accurately describe a D&E procedure, shall we? Think women coming in for abortions would like to hear that?

The use of the term "baby" is aspirational in these scenarios.

No, it's what basically every mother ever has said and understands - that what's inside her is her baby. It's only in the world of abortions have we sanitized it so that women don't have to think about what they're destroying.

The vast majority of abortions, as I understand it, occur when the unborn is little more than a gob of goo
I don't see how it's possible to inflict harm upon a gob of goo

Were it made known to me that the unborn being aborted are, in fact, fully fledged human beings capable of feeling pain, then I will absolutely stand opposed to abortion

As it is now, I really don't think much about it at all
So for many abortions it is inflicting needless harm.
Harm isnt the same as pain

Doesn't matter. It's a militant pro-choice woman who understands that what's inside her is *her baby*.

And if we want to talk about abortion in "precise language", let's accurately describe a D&E procedure, shall we? Think women coming in for abortions would like to hear that?
Do you honestly think that anyone books themselves in for an abortion without knowing what it entails? Do you honestly think that any competent doctor, operating under the ethical guidelines of her profession, would not explain to a patient exactly what the procedure they are about to undergo entails? If this doesn't happen in your health system, it is in worse shape than I thought.

Since most abortions these days are chemical and require no surgery, your point is largely moot.

No, it's what basically every mother ever has said and understands - that what's inside her is her baby. It's only in the world of abortions have we sanitized it so that women don't have to think about what they're destroying.
I think you are fooling yourself. Women, in my admittedly limited experience, think long and hard about having an abortion. They know what it means and they know what it entails. They are informed by the professionals around them. Informed, but not advised or guided. The choice is hers alone.

There is a difference between information and harassment. Waving placards in a woman's face, forcing her to look at a sonogram for the sole purpose of influencing her choice, presenting rare cases of late abortion as if these were the norm; these are harassment. It is a sick joke that pro-life supporters claim the moral high ground then try to promote their position by bullying the vulnerable.

Do you honestly think that anyone books themselves in for an abortion without knowing what it entails? Do you honestly think that any competent doctor, operating under the ethical guidelines of her profession, would not explain to a patient exactly what the procedure they are about to undergo entails? If this doesn't happen in your health system, it is in worse shape than I thought.

Since most abortions these days are chemical and require no surgery, your point is largely moot.
Do you honestly think that telling women about their baby as opposed to telling women about their fetus, is honest? Lets examine 'honest' first.

I think you are fooling yourself. Women, in my admittedly limited experience, think long and hard about having an abortion. They know what it means and they know what it entails. They are informed by the professionals around them. Informed, but not advised or guided. The choice is hers alone.
I think you are fooling yourself. Several of us are saying the same thing to you, you put one on ignore and cant see what the other is saying.
There is a difference between information and harassment but no one has said there isnt. The point put to you was the medical profession switch to fetus instead of baby when abortion is the goal. That is sanitizing it.

There is a difference between information and harassment. Waving placards in a woman's face,
Bit like the transactivists then. Not interested in your hypocrisy. Exclusion zones have been put around increasing numbers of abortion clinics where waving placards is almost unheard of. Not so assault of women by transactivists

Back