Anyone ever heard of Sealioning?

TheLayman

Here is the definition of Sealioning: "Sealioning refers to the disingenuous action by a commenter of making an ostensible effort to engage in sincere and serious civil debate, usually by asking persistent questions of the other commenter. These questions are phrased in a way that may come off as an effort to learn and engage with the subject at hand, but are really intended to erode the goodwill of the person to whom they are replying, to get them to appear impatient or to lash out, and therefore come off as unreasonable."

Now I'm not going to mention any names, nor do I want you to respond by mentioning any names but I have a question: Does this describe someone who posts constantly on this board? The best advice for dealing with this seems to be, when someone like this is recognized by their behavior, cease all discourse with them. You can take that or leave it...if you think it describes anyone you may be attempting to have an intelligent discourse with.

TheLayman

These questions are phrased in a way that may come off as an effort to learn and engage with the subject at hand, but are really intended to erode the goodwill of the person to whom they are replying, to get them to appear impatient or to lash out, and therefore come off as unreasonable.

Is there ANY TRINITARIAN on this forum who could answer these questions without appearing impatient or lashing out…

1) Is the man Christ Jesus' human SOUL included in "the complete human nature" the person of the son of God assumed?

2) Is the man Christ Jesus' human BODY included in "the complete human nature" the person of the son of God assumed?

Is there ANY TRINITARIAN on this forum who could answer these questions without appearing impatient or lashing out…

1) Is the man Christ Jesus' human SOUL included in "the complete human nature" the person of the son of God assumed?

2) Is the man Christ Jesus' human BODY included in "the complete human nature" the person of the son of God assumed?
gibberish

Here is the definition of Sealioning:

TheLayman

Good insight. I would assume that mostly all Trinitarians and even the free-thinking Unitarians notice the constant "word salads" schizophrenia games. I always been under the impression that the poster has a spiritual underlying condition that affects his mental process that manifests and displayed into topics like the Trinity or the Hypostatic union.

I always been under the impression that the poster has a spiritual underlying condition that affects his mental process

To demonstrate you DO NOT have anything affecting your mental process, please answer the questions... :)

To demonstrate you DO NOT have anything affecting your mental process, please answer the questions... :)

Why are you begging me to answer your questions? Trolling? Or what I said about you is true?

This is an excellent example of word salad. Don't you think it's common sense that a complete human nature has a soul?

Do you hold to a neo-type version of apollinarianism?

This is another excellent example of word salad. Don't you think it's common sense that a complete human nature has a body?

Do you hold to a neo-type version of docetism?

Don't you think it's common sense that a complete human nature has a soul?

So it seems you are answering YES to both questions…

Please let me know if I misunderstood your response.

Now your fellow TRINITARIAN says…

Nothing states that the Word, the eternal Son of God, assumed "the man Jesus" created in Mary's womb. The Son of God assumed the human nature in Mary's womb (read that carefully) at the moment of conception.

So to clarify the doctrine of the Trinity…

3) Does the man Jesus’ “complete human nature” include anything OTHER THAN his human soul and human body?

Last edited:

3) Does the man Jesus’ “complete human nature” include anything OTHER THAN his human soul and human body?
a human spirit

Appropriation of the divine nature 2 Pet 1:4.

Here is the definition of Sealioning: "Sealioning refers to the disingenuous action by a commenter of making an ostensible effort to engage in sincere and serious civil debate, usually by asking persistent questions of the other commenter. These questions are phrased in a way that may come off as an effort to learn and engage with the subject at hand, but are really intended to erode the goodwill of the person to whom they are replying, to get them to appear impatient or to lash out, and therefore come off as unreasonable."

Now I'm not going to mention any names, nor do I want you to respond by mentioning any names but I have a question: Does this describe someone who posts constantly on this board? The best advice for dealing with this seems to be, when someone like this is recognized by their behavior, cease all discourse with them. You can take that or leave it...if you think it describes anyone you may be attempting to have an intelligent discourse with.

TheLayman
Excellent post...then as I continued reading the responses I saw what you mentioned in your OP happening....and now the thread seems to have been stolen.

Excellent post...then as I continued reading the responses I saw what you mentioned in your OP happening....and now the thread seems to have been stolen.

So are you able to answer the question or not…

Does the man Jesus’ “complete human nature” include anything OTHER THAN his human soul, human spirit, and human body?

Back