AOC raises 2 million dollars to help Texas

Faithoverbelief

Buzzard said:
Buzzard said:
1,500 +/- years ago the Arctic was mostly free of Ice and The Eskimos
sailed it in their canoes,
the climate was or had been for 100,s of years somewhat like the Aleutian Islands
do you not remember your Geography lessons from grade school

what caused Global Warming then

Its estimated there were 200,000,000 plus Buffalo across the Mid West before the White Man came
today the entire "Herd" of Cattle
Beef and Dairy is only 50,000.000

but its Cow "Farts" that are causing holes in the Ozone layer
😵
as it was said during Clinton / Trump campaign
"Just put it on Facebook
They (Democrat Voters) will believe anything we tell them
"

Its not the Conservatives that claim "Cow Farts" cause Global Warming

:rolleyes:

global cattle population amounted to about 989.03 million head in 2019, down from over one billion cattle in 2014.

Whateverman

Nah, I was just trying to be cute. I think the major factors are beyond human control.
What metrics do you use to decide whether a factor contributing to global warming is "major" (and thus beyond our control) or not?

Intuition?

HillsboroMom

Texans have a choice. They can vote for the sort of person who leaves them in the lurch when disaster strikes or they can vote for the sort of person who helps them out. If Republicans want to keep Texas, they need to stop making themselves so repulsive to the voters.
Or they can do like Kentucky and just keep their citizens so stupid they don't know any better.

Temujin

Or they can do like Kentucky and just keep their citizens so stupid they don't know any better.
To be picky, I would prefer ignorant to stupid. I doubt that Texans or Kentuckians(?) are any more stupid than the average person. Ignorant is another matter.

Carol

What metrics do you use to decide whether a factor contributing to global warming is "major" (and thus beyond our control) or not?

Intuition?

I've read/watched many things. Milankovitch cycles, gulf streamn magnetic field etc

Climate reconstructions that go back hundreds of thousands of years. Looks like the previous interglacial period was warmer. I'm sure humans had nothing to do with it.
The minoan (?) And Roman periods were quite warm. I'm sure fossil fuels had nothing to do with it. Or cows?
Lots of unanswered questions. A period of rapid warming about 11,000 years ago- the end of the last ice age- sea level rise, flooding. Caused by?

Whateverman

I've read/watched many things. Milankovitch cycles, gulf streamn magnetic field etc

Climate reconstructions that go back hundreds of thousands of years. Looks like the previous interglacial period was warmer. I'm sure humans had nothing to do with it.
The minoan (?) And Roman periods were quite warm. I'm sure fossil fuels had nothing to do with it. Or cows?
Lots of unanswered questions. A period of rapid warming about 11,000 years ago- the end of the last ice age- sea level rise, flooding. Caused by?
I'm a layman myself, and I wouldn't claim to have a good grasp as to all of the factors which impact the planet's climate. Without a doubt, there are factors that aren't directly attributed to human society, like sun spots, and probably a bunch more I haven't heard of.

What I'm curious about, though, is your claim that the "major factors" are beyond human control; I would agree that some are, but not all. I don't want to nitpick this to death, but what's your basis for this claim?

Carol

I'm a layman myself, and I wouldn't claim to have a good grasp as to all of the factors which impact the planet's climate. Without a doubt, there are factors that aren't directly attributed to human society, like sun spots, and probably a bunch more I haven't heard of.

What I'm curious about, though, is your claim that the "major factors" are beyond human control; I would agree that some are, but not all. I don't want to nitpick this to death, but what's your basis for this claim?

Basically that it's happened before. Didn't you read my post?

Whateverman

Basically that it's happened before. Didn't you read my post?
I did, but I didn't see you say this has happened before. Yes, there've been warm periods in our past; it's well known that climate fluctuates.

Is that your argument? That today's supposed climate change can't have been human-caused because the climate has changed in the past?

Backup

I'm a layman myself, and I wouldn't claim to have a good grasp as to all of the factors which impact the planet's climate.
same with everyone here

given that, some here believe the conclusions of 100% of the scientific bodies on the planet, and other believe the lies coming from conspiracy blogs

Carol

I did, but I didn't see you say this has happened before. Yes, there've been warm periods in our past; it's well known that climate fluctuates.

Is that your argument? That today's supposed climate change can't have been human-caused because the climate has changed in the past?

Supposed climate change?

What were those MAJOR factors in the past? This idea that greenhouse gases will outweigh all other factors, not only prevent another ice age but the warming will continue to accelerate? I seriously doubt that.

Whateverman

Supposed climate change?
I don't fully know or understand your position, so I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt; maybe you don't think the climate is changing at all, and would thus label it "supposed climate change".

What were those MAJOR factors in the past? This idea that greenhouse gases will outweigh all other factors, not only prevent another ice age but the warming will continue to accelerate? I seriously doubt that.
It still doesn't feel like I understand why you think humans have no control over "major factors" affecting the climate, but you've answered my questions so far. Thanks.