Apologetics Against Eastern Religions

I was a nominal Christian living in Asia who thought that the Buddha was a very good person and I liked Buddhist temples.

That was years ago and I am now a true Christian.
Describe true Christian/. Seems we have many interpretations for who or what a Christin is supposed to be. I suppose it depends on which one of these who claim to be Christian according to their traditions for beliefs and laws to govern those beliefs. And all of these seem to have a different Christ that is sadly uses as a crutch to get him to hold up their bel9efs systems for a god, or in most cases gods, some has three of them.

Describe true Christian/.
A true Christian is someone who is part of the elect and has true saving faith in Jesus Christ. I was a nominal Christian until relatively recently.
Seems we have many interpretations for who or what a Christin is supposed to be.
I suppose it depends on which one of these who claim to be Christian according to their traditions for beliefs and laws to govern those beliefs. And all of these seem to have a different Christ that is sadly uses as a crutch to get him to hold up their bel9efs systems for a god, or in most cases gods, some has three of them.
All Christians are monotheists, there is no sect of Christianity with three gods.

A true Christian is someone who is part of the elect and has true saving faith in Jesus Christ. I was a nominal Christian until relatively recently.
Nominal Christian? Either one is anointed of God as Jesus was or you are not.
All Christians are monotheists, there is no sect of Christianity with three gods.
There are many who worship three gods and call themselves Christian. They worship the father, they worship the son and they worship the holy spirit.

A Christin is son of God, His children, and we are exactly like our Father no different at all from Him, He in me and I in Him are one, perfect even as my Father in heaven is perfect, righteous, holy, pure, and without sin as Jesus was in the God Jesus prayed to and obeyed no different at all. Same signs follow who has the mind of Christ.

It is pretty obvious that not many has met the Christ to know who Christ is. Christ = Gods anointing in man, Christ in me is Gods anointing in me, Jesus was anointed of God as well, that is what a Christian is, Gods anointed by His Spirit.

The term Christ was added by Paul at Antioch which before his termonology simply means Saint.

In Matt 3:16 we can read when and how Jesus became anointed of God. He was made of a woman born under the law just as you and I are but he wasn't anointed of God until he was about 30 years old. You can read it, He didnt know God nor His heaven until God came and anointed him by His Spirit. We in Christ are no different from the way Jesus was of Christ at all,. If you are different from what Jesus had in the Father you are not Christian. We actually have very few Christians who are Christ like. Few who find His way.

Nominal Christian? Either one is anointed of God as Jesus was or you are not.

There are many who worship three gods and call themselves Christian. They worship the father, they worship the son and they worship the holy spirit.

A Christin is son of God, His children, and we are exactly like our Father no different at all from Him, He in me and I in Him are one, perfect even as my Father in heaven is perfect, righteous, holy, pure, and without sin as Jesus was in the God Jesus prayed to and obeyed no different at all. Same signs follow who has the mind of Christ.

It is pretty obvious that not many has met the Christ to know who Christ is. Christ = Gods anointing in man, Christ in me is Gods anointing in me, Jesus was anointed of God as well, that is what a Christian is, Gods anointed by His Spirit.

The term Christ was added by Paul at Antioch which before his termonology simply means Saint.

In Matt 3:16 we can read when and how Jesus became anointed of God. He was made of a woman born under the law just as you and I are but he wasn't anointed of God until he was about 30 years old. You can read it, He didnt know God nor His heaven until God came and anointed him by His Spirit. We in Christ are no different from the way Jesus was of Christ at all,. If you are different from what Jesus had in the Father you are not Christian. We actually have very few Christians who are Christ like. Few who find His way.
I think you are confused about the Trinity. It's three persons, but only one God.

I think you are confused about the Trinity. It's three persons, but only one God.
I think that you are a little confused. God is not a person at all. God is a Spirit and man is the temple of Him. See Jesus in Luke 17:20-21. The kingdom of God is within you, or is supposed to be within you as He was in Jesus.

Jesus met God when he was about 30 in Matt 3:16. He learned that God is a Spirit and man is the temple of His Spirit. Did not God open up to him who He is and all of His heaven to Jesus by His Spirit?

Does anyone have any good sources for Christian apologetics against Eastern religions? A lot of my friends are Buddhists and at one point I was considering becoming a Buddhist.
That fact that you did not become one is proof that salvation is from God. What human reasoning won you over?

We tend to think that our salvation is common sense and that we can reason others out of what has gotten a hold on them.
Even Jesus could not even do it with the religious. You might only let some air out of their balloon with your reasoning.
But, it will not be effectual unless God is able to be drawing them personally.

God did not fail the Buddhist. That is the reason he is a Buddhist. Buddhists identify with and prefer the effects of the demonic influence has on their lives. Its a specially packaged form of witchcraft designed to appeal to certain types of human beings. It must appeal to their inclinations and desires. For others, it may be Islam that appeals if they are so naturally inclined.

Only those who were"conformed" into Buddhism by means of peer pressure, and are yet searching, can find Jesus Christ.

The only apologetics that is effective is you becoming a workman needing not to be ashamed. Pray to find it. Study and learn sound doctrine.

Its God who does the witnessing through a prepared soul who knows and understands good teaching. If all you have is half baked understanding of what you have been called into? There is no system that can hide that from Buddhists would simply see you as a half baked Christian.

Christianity holds no drawing to them who prefer the powers that Buddhism intrigues them with by satisfying their selfish needs. For them? You might anger them with truth that rains on their parade. Its what all the apostles did with the religious types.. Jesus was their role model.

Know the Word of God for yourself. God will do the thinking for you, and with you, giving you what to speak when an opportunity is given. Study to show thyself approved. Pray to find pastors who are able to teach sound doctrine. Only a few will be capable out of the many. James 3:1. 2 Timothy 4:3

grace and peace .........

Does anyone have any good sources for Christian apologetics against Eastern religions? A lot of my friends are Buddhists and at one point I was considering becoming a Buddhist.

This is the approach Jesus suggested:

You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; 15 nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light shine before men so that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

When the men of the world see God, there is no greater testimony.

I think that you are a little confused. God is not a person at all. God is a Spirit and man is the temple of Him. See Jesus in Luke 17:20-21. The kingdom of God is within you, or is supposed to be within you as He was in Jesus.

Jesus met God when he was about 30 in Matt 3:16. He learned that God is a Spirit and man is the temple of His Spirit. Did not God open up to him who He is and all of His heaven to Jesus by His Spirit?
In Hebrews it clearly says that Jesus is God though.

That fact that you did not become one is proof that salvation is from God. What human reasoning won you over?

We tend to think that our salvation is common sense and that we can reason others out of what has gotten a hold on them.
Even Jesus could not even do it with the religious. You might only let some air out of their balloon with your reasoning.
But, it will not be effectual unless God is able to be drawing them personally.

God did not fail the Buddhist. That is the reason he is a Buddhist. Buddhists identify with and prefer the effects of the demonic influence has on their lives. Its a specially packaged form of witchcraft designed to appeal to certain types of human beings. It must appeal to their inclinations and desires. For others, it may be Islam that appeals if they are so naturally inclined.

Only those who were"conformed" into Buddhism by means of peer pressure, and are yet searching, can find Jesus Christ.

The only apologetics that is effective is you becoming a workman needing not to be ashamed. Pray to find it. Study and learn sound doctrine.

Its God who does the witnessing through a prepared soul who knows and understands good teaching. If all you have is half baked understanding of what you have been called into? There is no system that can hide that from Buddhists would simply see you as a half baked Christian.

Christianity holds no drawing to them who prefer the powers that Buddhism intrigues them with by satisfying their selfish needs. For them? You might anger them with truth that rains on their parade. Its what all the apostles did with the religious types.. Jesus was their role model.

Know the Word of God for yourself. God will do the thinking for you, and with you, giving you what to speak when an opportunity is given. Study to show thyself approved. Pray to find pastors who are able to teach sound doctrine. Only a few will be capable out of the many. James 3:1. 2 Timothy 4:3

grace and peace .........
This is the approach Jesus suggested:

You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; 15 nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light shine before men so that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father who is in heaven.

When the men of the world see God, there is no greater testimony.
I understand, but don't you think that there's room for apologetics?

I understand, but don't you think that there's room for apologetics?
If you are so inclined and have certain knowledge to work with? Go for it.

Buddhism does not have much of a stronghold in many parts of the world. But for those growing up in such a culture they would be best equipped to know what to think with. For them, apologetics would be most appropriate. God called Paul to the gentiles, yet called Peter to the Jews. Paul grew up in a gentile culture.

Because Jesus appeared to Paul. Paul doesn't say anything that disagrees with the teachings of Jesus.
That is what Paul claimed, so did Jim Jones and David Koresh, that is why I follow Jesus in His ways in the Father instead of these white their own opinions about him.

Waldensian Knight said:
Because Jesus appeared to Paul. Paul doesn't say anything that disagrees with the teachings of Jesus.
That is what Paul claimed, so did Jim Jones and David Koresh, that is why I follow Jesus in His ways in the Father instead of these white their own opinions about him.
This is not about opinions of men. Christ became the source of eternal salvation for all who believe in Him; Heb 5:9

Behold Him there the risen Lamb
my perfect spotless righteousness
The great unchangeable I AM
The King of glory and of grace
one with Himself I cannot die
my soul is purchased by His blood

Last edited:
This is not about opinions of men. Christ became the source of eternal salvation for all who believe in Him; Heb 5:9
It is only opinions for you for your opinion is that the ways of God in Jesus Christ and in us is gnostic lies.
Yo0u dont have a clue who I Am is.

JonHawk said:
It is only opinions for you for your opinion is that the ways of God in Jesus Christ and in us is gnostic lies.
Yo0u dont have a clue who I Am is.
“Very truly I tell you,” Jesus answered, “before Abraham was born, I am!” John 8:58

Back