Appointed to Eternal Life !

Sad but true, but here is what is going on in this thread, to invalidate and mitigate the purpose, counsel, and will of God in favor of the fake unbiblical free will of man which is completely and fully denied in John 1:13:

"God did NOT appoint me to eternal life!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did THAT MYSELF! I trust what I did MORE than what God says HE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Sad but true, but here is what is going on in this thread, to invalidate and mitigate the purpose, counsel, and will of God in favor of the fake unbiblical free will of man which is completely and fully denied in John 1:13:

Free will to believe is not denied in Jn 1:13

The ability to regenerate oneself is

that is separate act from receiving Christ

Regeneration is the production of new life. Time and time again we see one must first believe before receiving life

John 20:31 —ESV
“but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”

John 5:40 —ESV
“yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.”

John 5:24 —ESV
“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.”

Paul did not speak english

Tasso came first

and

Before either was the fact the gentiles reverenced God
They had to be regenerate then. Men by nature hate God, are at enmity with Him and His Word. Paul writes 1 Cor 1:18-24

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 but we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 but unto them which are called[the chosen], both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Naturally the greeks/gentiles considered the preaching of the cross foolishness, same as the natural man in 1 Cor 2 14

And the Gospel is hid to them which are Lost 2 Cor 4:3-4 no way they glorify the word of the Lord !

They had to be regenerate then. Men by nature hate God, are at enmity with Him and His Word. Paul writes 1 Cor 1:18-24

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 but we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 but unto them which are called[the chosen], both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Naturally the greeks/gentiles considered the preaching of the cross foolishness, same as the natural man in 1 Cor 2 14

And the Gospel is hid to them which are Lost 2 Cor 4:3-4 no way they glorify the word of the Lord !
sorry you are touting your theology and ignoring scripture

Regeneration is the production of new life. Time and time again we see one must first believe before receiving life

“but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”

“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.”

Reverence and belief are two different things. Poor effort.

Okay Tasso came first. That does to help you.
I guess you do not understand that reverencing God is impossible under the Calvinist doctrine of total inability

Who said that? 1 John 2:19 would seem to indicate otherwise and really is irrelevant when it comes to total inability.
Who said that ?

Don't you know what Calvinist doctrine teaches ?

Men are unable to respond to God in any positive manner and are born haters of God

Who said that ?

Men are unable to respond to God in any positive manner and are born haters of God
So reverence is a response to God? Who said fallen man cannot respond to God in a positive manner? What do you mean by positive manner?

So reverence is a response to God? Who said fallen man cannot respond to God in a positive manner? What do you mean by positive manner?
Certainly is

Calvinists

anything which include obedience to, faith in respect for, heeding, things that are contrary to being an opposer of God

Last edited by a moderator:
sorry you are touting your theology and ignoring scripture

The Gospel to the unregenerate gentile was foolishness. 1 Cor 1:23

: 23 but we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

The Gospel to the unregenerate gentile was foolishness. 1 Cor 1:23

: 23 but we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
First you ignored the scripture

then you ignore context

1 Cor. 1:21–24 —ESV
“For since, in the wisdom of God, the world did not know God through wisdom, it pleased God through the folly of what we preach to save those who believe.
For Jews demand signs and Greeks seek wisdom,
but we preach Christ crucified, a stumbling block to Jews and folly to Gentiles,
but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.”

Who said that ?

There are times when the unregenerate receives the word with joy Matt 13:20, but they dont understand it spiritually like these Matt 13:23, and they eventually fall away. Jesus said they had no root in themselves which i believe means they weren't born of God, John says they went out from us because they werent of us, the regenerate believer.

So its possible for the unregenerate to receive truth intellectually, but its merely a natural mind reception with the natural mind, and they never spiritually understood or spiritually loved it like the regenerate and they apostatize !

There are times when the unregenerate receives the word with joy Matt 13:20, but they dont understand it spiritually like these Matt 13:23, and they eventually fall away. Jesus said they had no root in themselves which i believe means they weren't born of God, John says they went out from us because they werent of us, the regenerate believer.

So its possible for the unregenerate to receive truth intellectually, but its merely a natural mind reception with the natural mind, and they never spiritually understood or spiritually loved it like the regenerate and they apostatize !
That would be another proof text against total inability the unregenerate cannot respond positively to God so as to receive the word with joy

10 And I said, ‘What shall I do, Lord?’ And the Lord said to me, ‘Get up and go on into Damascus, and there you will be told of all that has been appointed for you to do.’ Acts 22:10. Same word.

This word refers to what is orderly arranged, the order of things. Paul was instructed to preach the Gospel FIRST to the Jew and only then to the Gentile. What did Paul do in Acts 13? He preached to the Jews first and when they rejected the message of eternal life, he turned to the Gentiles just as he was instructed, just as it was appointed for him to do.

The Jews who were appointed to receive the message of eternal life first, rejected it
And it was orderly arranged for Paul to then turn to the Gentiles. Gentiles were appointed to receive the message of eternal life upon Jewish rejection of the message.
And unlike the Jews, the Gentiles who were appointed to receive the message upon Jewish rejection, believed.

That's the POINT of the language used in Luke's account. It has nothing to do with people being specifically chosen by God to believe. What is appointed for Paul is to deliver the message of eternal life to Gentiles after it was proclaimed to the Jews first. We are told this is what was appointed for him to do.

"God did NOT appoint me to eternal life!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did THAT MYSELF! I trust what I did MORE than what God says HE DID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Chilling, somber, yet ever so true statement Brother. Spot on.

Free will to believe is not denied in Jn 1:13
It's not only denied, it's annihilated. "Not by the will of man" is so plain, I would be surprised that you cannot see it, except that Scripture explains as to why, so no surprise whatsoever.

It is as plain as day, but only to those who have eyes to see and ears to hear. The rest are under 1 Corinthians 2:14 and see themselves as procuring salvation by something they did. Yes, that verse includes "the religious." They think these truthful things of the Spirit are foolishness.

10 And I said, ‘What shall I do, Lord?’ And the Lord said to me, ‘Get up and go on into Damascus, and there you will be told of all that has been appointed for you to do.’ Acts 22:10. Same word.

This word refers to what is orderly arranged, the order of things. Paul was instructed to preach the Gospel FIRST to the Jew and only then to the Gentile. What did Paul do in Acts 13? He preached to the Jews first and when they rejected the message of eternal life, he turned to the Gentiles just as he was instructed, just as it was appointed for him to do.

The Jews who were appointed to receive the message of eternal life first, rejected it
And it was orderly arranged for Paul to then turn to the Gentiles. Gentiles were appointed to receive the message of eternal life upon Jewish rejection of the message.
And unlike the Jews, the Gentiles who were appointed to receive the message upon Jewish rejection, believed.

That's the POINT of the language used in Luke's account. It has nothing to do with people being specifically chosen by God to believe. What is appointed for Paul is to deliver the message of eternal life to Gentiles after it was proclaimed to the Jews first. We are told this is what was appointed for him to do.
Way to mix verses up.

Back