Appointed to Eternal Life !

Already explained, those are apostates.
Apostates regenerated ? not possible in your theology

Unregenerate ? then how did they receive the gospel with joy your doctrine of total inability makes that impossible

either way your theology has problems

It's not only denied, it's annihilated. "Not by the will of man" is so plain, I would be surprised that you cannot see it, except that Scripture explains as to why, so no surprise whatsoever.

It is as plain as day, but only to those who have eyes to see and ears to hear. The rest are under 1 Corinthians 2:14 and see themselves as procuring salvation by something they did. Yes, that verse includes "the religious." They think these truthful things of the Spirit are foolishness.
I don't know how many times this need to be explained

There are two acts in that passage

God regenerating - that is entirely him man has no part, That takes care of all your objections

believing - this man must do

Maybe you should forget what your theology tells you and think

and BTW there is nothing in faith that saves of itself

Salvation is what God does

BTW your interpretation of 1Co 2:14 is wrong as well

2 Tim. 3:15 —ESV
“and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.”

John 20:31 —ESV
“but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”

Rom. 10:17 —ESV
“So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.”

and by the fact you must believe to be regenerate that is have life

“but these are written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.”

John 5:40 —ESV
“yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.”

John 5:24 —ESV
“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.”

Apostates regenerated ? not possible in your theology

Unregenerate ? then how did they receive the gospel with joy your doctrine of total inability makes that impossible

either way your theology has problems
No they werent regenerated, thats why they didnt understand it. They received it naturally with joy, the only way they could have. Many people have heard the Gospel naturally and had natural joy, it wasnt the fruit of the Spirit Joy Gal 5 22

I don't know how many times this need to be explained

God regenerating - that is entirely him man has no part, That takes care of all your objections

“and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.”

“Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life. He does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life.”
None of the verses prove your pointlessness nor do they negate the fact of John 1:13 given you.

None of the verses prove your pointlessness nor do they negate the fact of John 1:13 given you.
You are in denial and offer only bald denial

demonstrating you are unable to deal with the scriptures posted

You are in denial and offer only bald denial

You demonstrate that not only do you not understand John 1:13, while hating God's ways, but you also don't understand the other texts you've given.

You're pitting Scripture against Scripture again Tom because you hate God doing things according to his own purpose, counsel, and will. As in making alive the dead to receive Him, electing whom He wills based only on His purpose, counsel, and will (not man's will) and due to nothing about them at all; 1 Corinthians 1:26-31.

You demonstrate that not only do you not understand John 1:13, while hating God's ways, but you also don't understand the other texts you've given.

You're pitting Scripture against Scripture again Tom because you hate God doing things according to his own purpose, counsel, and will. As in making alive the dead to receive Him, electing whom He wills based only on His purpose, counsel, and will (not man's will) and due to nothing about them at all; 1 Corinthians 1:26-31.
More rhetoric no scripture no exegesis of scripture given

You offer only bald denial

as for

1 Cor. 1:26–31 —ESV
Ҧ For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth.
But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;
God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,
so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.
And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,
so that, as it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.””

Not a thing is stated about making the dead alive

nothing is stated about what is or is not in them

election based solely on his (unconditional ?) will is not mentioned there either

you have read all your theology into the passage

The point of which those who were wise in the wisdom of the world were rejecting the cross while those not depending of human wisdom were much more open to believing

You offer only bald denial

<Chuckle>

Every time you respond, all you do is falsely accuse others of "rhetoric" and "bald denial".
And THAT is "rhetoric".

"No exegesis"?!

YOU are the one who never offers any "exegesis".
You simply quote verses, and ASSUME an interpretation that supports your view and goes against others.

More insulting rhetoric.

<Chuckle>

Look who thinks he's god, and infallible....

And your "exegesis" is .......... ?

as for

Ҧ For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth.
But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong;
God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,
And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption,

election based solely on his (unconditional ?) will is not mentioned there either

<Chuckle>

Every time you respond, all you do is falsely accuse others of "rhetoric" and "bald denial".
And THAT is "rhetoric".

"No exegesis"?!

You simply quote verses, and ASSUME an interpretation that supports your view and goes against others.

More insulting rhetoric.

<Chuckle>

Already given

Multiple ops defining regeneration that you balked about the number of them

From lexicons

from theologies

from bible dictionaries

and now scripture showing it is by faith

You preach the false gospel of Robert Sandeman and Charles Grandison Finney not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
More rhetoric

no scripture

no addressing of verses posted in support

no counter to rebuttal

as for

The point of which those who were wise in the wisdom of the world were rejecting the cross while those not depending of human wisdom were much more open to believing and were being converted by the foolishness of preaching

<Chuckle>

And THAT is "rhetoric".

"No exegesis"?!

More insulting rhetoric.

<Chuckle>

aaa82c7a835628871ef8a7e0c276dfb8.gif

More rhetoric

no scripture

no counter to rebuttal

as for

The point of which those who were wise in the wisdom of the world were rejecting the cross while those not depending of human wisdom were much more open to believing and were being converted by the foolishness of preaching
Yes, God chose you because you were open...well, let's cut to the chase, you were a swell fellow above others, "choice meats."

No they werent regenerated, thats why they didnt understand it. They received it naturally with joy, the only way they could have. Many people have heard the Gospel naturally and had natural joy, it wasnt the fruit of the Spirit Joy Gal 5 22
To him, the fall didn't do anything but label man as spiritually dead only in order to make it sound cool and give us a theological term he can look up in a lexicon and still not understand, which to him means he was really still alive spiritually.

See more nonsense

No scripture

No addressing of points made

No counter to rebuttal
You've already been refuted and shown the meaning of the text. Everyone knows you don't accept facts.

But you don't like that meaning and hate the ways of God, so, like Cain, you're going to do it your way.

You've already been refuted and shown the meaning of the text. Everyone knows you don't accept facts.

But you don't like that meaning and hate the ways of God, so, like Cain, you're going to do it your way.
You are dreaming again

More rhetoric

no scripture

no counter to rebuttal

this you do not address

this you do not address

this you do not address

as for

and this you do not address

You are dreaming again

More rhetoric

no scripture

no counter to rebuttal

this you do not address

this you do not address

this you do not address

as for

You're blind to Scripture Tom.

Clear things that are there in the passages I've given you, John 1:13; 1 Corinthians 1:26-31, you cannot see. I mean, it really is amazing.

Tom, you preach the false gospel of Robert Sandeman and Charles Grandison Finney. Go study that out, perhaps God will open those blinded eyes of yours. It is apparent you don't study: you don't have TIME to study, your time is consumed on here preaching your error over and over and over.

Sadly you do not preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and show a thorough ignorance of the Gospel throughout history.

Your false gospel is about 150 years old, give or take.

You're blind to Scripture Tom.

Clear things that are there in the passages I've given you, John 1:13; 1 Corinthians 1:26-31, you cannot see. I mean, it really is amazing.

Tom, you preach the false gospel of Robert Sandeman and Charles Grandison Finney. Go study that out, perhaps God will open those blinded eyes of yours. It is apparent you don't study: you don't have TIME to study, your time is consumed on here preaching your error over and over and over.

Sadly you do not preach the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and show a thorough ignorance of the Gospel throughout history.

Your false gospel is about 150 years old, give or take.
LOL once only rhetoric

No verses addressed

this you do not address

as for

no addressing of points

no rebuttal

and no counter to rebuttal

you offer nothing but rhetoric

Back