Are people made in the "image" and "likeness" of God before or after we become believers?

Adam and Eve's fall is just another part of creation, their fall wasn't something that caught God off guard.

Never said otherwise.

God became a man so believers could become children of God, that's how God makes His children in His image; we believe as He believes; in accordance with Him and this believing indwells us with His Spirit. Christ had a physical body too; but it is in Christ's believing and us believing in accordance with him part that makes us in God's image and likeness; and not the physical body part..

So you've ascended to heaven? Have you raised from the dead? As much desire to claim to be identical to Christ, you're not and will never be.

That's not Biblical, according to the Bible believers are children of God and servants in the sense of serving others in order to help them as Christ did.

Rubbish. We serve God regardless of being able to serve others. I don't if you've noticed this or not in the Scriptures, but those who actually serve God are often murdered for their service.

”They answered him, “We are offspring of Abraham and have never been enslaved to anyone. How is it that you say, ‘You will become free’?” Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who practices sin is a slave to sin. The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son remains forever. So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:33-38

Geesh. Another sinner that doesn't sin. I was angry this morning. I was wrong. There were reasons I was angry but they didn't force me to be angry. I expressed anger to others that I shouldn't have. I sinned. I asked God to forgive me and those that I sinned against.

I suppose you're better than I am. I don't believe that, but suppose you believe you are.

Jesus Christ NEVER ONCE SINNED. Not once. NEVER. You're not that good. So when you try to compare yourself to Jesus Christ, you're just making yourself look bad. He will have the preeminence.

Do you know what that means?

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

You'll never be first in anything. NEVER.

so to you it's all mental and spiritual

What I am saying is that it is our spiritual and psychological part (the believing mind) that our lives are lived, as bodies dies. but our spirit lives on forever.

God can't be seen and we live, and yet God has made appearances and those that saw Him survived, no?
Who exactly did they see? God the Father? surely not..
Who specifically do the Heavenly sons (angels) see when they see God? in Whose likeness were they created?

According to the Bible Christ is the expressed image of God.

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together. Colossians 1:15-17

He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power. After making purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high, Hebrews 1:3

So Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of his own accord, but only what he sees the Father doing. For whatever the Father does, that the Son does likewise. John 5:19

No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father's side, he has made him known. John 1:18

In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. 2 Corinthians 4:4

So Jesus said to them, “When you have lifted up the Son of Man, then you will know that I am he, and that I do nothing on my own authority, but speak just as the Father taught me. John 8:28

Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’? John 14:9

“I and the Father are one.” John 10:30

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation. By faith we understand that the universe was created by the word of God, so that what is seen was not made out of things that are visible. Hebrews 11:1-3

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. John 3:16-17

Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. ... John 3:1-36

We must work the works of him who sent me while it is day; night is coming, when no one can work. John 9:4

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

If you had known me, you would have known my Father also. From now on you do know him and have seen him.” John 14:7

As we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:18

But we have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways. We refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God's word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to everyone's conscience in the sight of God. 2 Corinthians 4:2

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
John 3:16

(ps. are you a Oneness/God is only one Person type...just seeking clarification on yr view)

No.

According to the Bible Christ is the expressed image of God.
it's interesting how our focus of the Godhead is narrowed on Him
and this Creation is (even tho Father and Spriit are involved) sort of specifically credited to and for Him

What I am saying is that it is our spiritual and psychological part (the believing mind) that our lives are lived, as bodies dies. but our spirit lives on forever.
God the Son/Messiah/Jesus has a resurrected and glorified body now tho, no?
won't we eventually have as well?

Never said otherwise.

Strawman. And I didn't say you did. I just said; 'Adam and Eve's fall is just another part of creation, their fall wasn't something that caught God off guard.' and you seem to agree. So, what's your problem?

I also said; 'God became a man so believers could become children of God, that's how God makes His children in His image; we believe as He believes; in accordance with Him and this believing indwells us with His Spirit. Christ had a physical body too; but it is in Christ's believing and us believing in accordance with him part that makes us in God's image and likeness; and not the physical body part.'

So you've ascended to heaven? Have you raised from the dead? As much desire to claim to be identical to Christ, you're not and will never be.

Another strawman. I didn't say that I bodily "ascended to heaven", nor was I physically "raised from the dead". But I was born from above when I believed in accordance with God.
Nor have I claimed "to be identical to Christ". But I am a son of God; just not the first born.

Rubbish. We serve God regardless of being able to serve others. I don't if you've noticed this or not in the Scriptures, but those who actually serve God are often murdered for their service.

Again, according to the Bible believers are children of God and servants in the sense of serving others in order to help them as Christ did. When a person becomes a believers and child of God, we are His child and not slaves to sin any longer.

Geesh. Another sinner that doesn't sin.

Strawman. No, just a believer that God has forgiven and no longer imputes sin to him anymore. Do you understand the Bible at all?

I was angry this morning. I was wrong. There were reasons I was angry but they didn't force me to be angry. I expressed anger to others that I shouldn't have. I sinned. I asked God to forgive me and those that I sinned against.

Yes I can tell, you are crooked as the devil today, because you have obviously misinterpreted everything I said in my last post.

I suppose you're better than I am.

Strawman, I never said and nor do I believe that I am "better than" you are.

I don't believe that, but suppose you believe you are.

And I don't believe that I am "better than" anyone. I am just forgiven.

Jesus Christ NEVER ONCE SINNED. Not once. NEVER. You're not that good. So when you try to compare yourself to Jesus Christ, you're just making yourself look bad. He will have the preeminence. Do you know what that means? Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Strawman. I don't "compare" myself "to Jesus Christ" when it comes to "good", he is perfect. But he is my Savior and example, and he washed my sin away. And that's how I know what good is; because he is perfect in washing me of my sins and they are no longer imputed to me. If you want to own sin, then that's your problem.

Yes I know what "preeminence" means. For a believer the truth and reality of God and what He has done for believers is held in regards higher than anything else.

You'll never be first in anything. NEVER.

You are full of spite, get over it before the enemy destroys you with it.

I am what God makes me.

and this Creation is (even tho Father and Spriit are involved) sort of specifically credited to and for Him

Yes it is interesting and necessary too, as God became a man so we as believers could become His children. Christ not only died for us, but he believed as well.

Yes. And our believing minds will forever be present, because belief is the spiritual means by which He creates.

Strawman. And I didn't say you did. I just said; 'Adam and Eve's fall is just another part of creation, their fall wasn't something that caught God off guard.' and you seem to agree. So, what's your problem?

No problem. Just answering you.

I also said; 'God became a man so believers could become children of God, that's how God makes His children in His image; we believe as He believes; in accordance with Him and this believing indwells us with His Spirit. Christ had a physical body too; but it is in Christ's believing and us believing in accordance with him part that makes us in God's image and likeness; and not the physical body part.'

Jesus partook of flesh and was Glorified. "Glorify thou me with the Glory we had....." Remember those words. While flesh is weak, in Jesus Christ it is overcome and changed. Just as within our own flesh remains a seed. A seed planted and will soon be risen in power.

Another strawman. I didn't say that I bodily "ascended to heaven", nor was I physically "raised from the dead". But I was born from above when I believed in accordance with God.
Nor have I claimed "to be identical to Christ". But I am a son of God; just not the first born.

You're not exactly like Jesus Christ. That is my point. I mentioned ways that you are not. I can list others. We can agree.

Again, according to the Bible believers are children of God and servants in the sense of serving others in order to help them as Christ did. When a person becomes a believers and child of God, we are His child and not slaves to sin any longer.

Then why do you sin? Sin has no power over you but you still sin. I grow tired of Christians denying this fact. God will not judge me for sin. You have that same privilege in Jesus Christ. It is not a license to sin. It is the remedy for sin. However, don't pretend you don't sin.

Strawman. No, just a believer that God has forgiven and no longer imputes sin to him anymore. Do you understand the Bible at all?

Yes. I do. I agree. We maybe "talking past one another" or we may be saying the same things differently.

Yes I can tell, you are crooked as the devil today, because you have obviously misinterpreted everything I said in my last post.

I may have misunderstood you. I didn't sin against you. Call me the devil is silly.

Yes I know what "preeminence" means. For a believer the truth and reality of God and what He has done for believers is held in regards higher than anything else.

There is no room to speak of you. If you want Jesus Christ to have the preeminence, then there is no need to talk about yourself except in the context of serving Him.

You are full of spite, get over it before the enemy destroys you with it.

I am what God makes me.

You would think you would rejoice when I praise Jesus Christ above you. Please do the same to me. I will not get offended like you have.

Yes of course, because Christ is the truth incarnate and to what we aspire as believers are to become by believing in accord with him. God used the truth itself and even through in the His Spirit as a guide, He doesn't leave anything to chance.

Yes and our believing minds will still be believing and intact in our glorified bodies as well.

Last edited:
You're not exactly like Jesus Christ. That is my point. I mentioned ways that you are not. I can list others. We can agree.

Yes, I know I am not perfect. But what you think about me doesn't matter, because it is what God has done for me when I believed that matters. You seem to have misinterpreted something in the Bible if you think that what matters is what another person thinks about a believer; rather than what God thinks and says about believers. The truth sounds like nonsense to those who disbelieve it.
I am a child of God and I have been forgiven of my sins and sin is no longer imputed to me any longer.
So, who are you to do so, if God doesn't, so whose work are you doing here?

All you're trying to do is justified your spite by trying to make me out to be worst than you are presenting yourself. And what for; for just presenting you with the truth I found in the Bible.

Then why do you sin? Sin has no power over you but you still sin.

God has forgiven me of sin and it is no longer imputed to me. And if you still believe that sin is imputed to you, then you obviously disbelieve in what God has done for you. And people who disbelieve in what God has done for them, even if they call themselves "believers", they will always be sinners as long as they disbelieve in what Jesus has done for them. Do you believe that Christ took your sin at the cross and sin is no longer imputed to you as a believer or not? Because if you disbelieve this, then not only are you still a sinner; but still a unbeliever as well. You have obviously misinterpreted something in the Bible; if you still believe you that you are a sinner.

I grow tired of Christians denying this fact. God will not judge me for sin. You have that same privilege in Jesus Christ. It is not a license to sin. It is the remedy for sin. However, don't pretend you don't sin.

And I grow tired of the lie that is trying to be perpetrated here, you are either a believer in what God has done for you and sin is no longer imputed to you or you are not.

Yes. I do. I agree. We maybe "talking past one another" or we may be saying the same things differently.

Well why do you still believe you are a sinner and sin is still imputed to you?

I may have misunderstood you. I didn't sin against you. Call me the devil is silly.

I didn't call you the devil, I just said that you were as 'spiteful as the devil' and that just means that you were in a foul mood.

There is no room to speak of you. If you want Jesus Christ to have the preeminence, then there is no need to talk about yourself except in the context of serving Him.

Well if you still think you are a sinner, then you do not hold in preeminence what God has said about believers.

physicality of God, Heaven, etc. is an interesting subject to Me

According to the Bible "God is Spirit", it means that the spirit side is preeminent to the physical. I do know that it is the believing spirit side that makes everything we know and experience occur.

do you equate the Mind with the Person/Soul?

I believe that a child of God and the "Person/ Soul" is included the believing mind. I am not sure what the physical body is going to look like without sin, as I haven't made it there yet. But I am on "the Way". :)

And I grow tired of the lie that is trying to be perpetrated here, you are either a believer in what God has done for you and sin is no longer imputed to you or you are not.

Paul witnessed to his own personal sin throughout his ministry. There is no reason to pretend we don't sin. Our message is, God forgives and we all struggle with our human nature. We seek freedom and deliverance in the near future in the physical resurrection of all the Saints of God.

Well why do you still believe you are a sinner and sin is still imputed to you?

I don't believe sin is imputed to me. I am still a sinner because I sin. I must claim the Grace of God and the reckoning of righteousness afford me through Jesus Christ. It is not MY OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS.

I didn't call you the devil, I just said that you were as 'spiteful as the devil' and that just means that you were in a foul mood.

You're being petty. I wasn't talking about anything I did here. I was talking about my own personal experience in living day to day. I get angry. I get sad. I experience emotions that I can not always control. I don't pretend to be something that I'm not.

Well if you still think you are a sinner, then you do not hold in preeminence what God has said about believers.

Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

You speak of yourself. I do not. I speak of Jesus Christ.

The message of the Gospel is often lost in such rhetoric as you chose to employ. This world don't need another pope with fickle affections on full display.

Wherefore. Let him that thinks he stands.... take heed, lest he fall.

1Co 10:12 Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.

"Call his name Noah,..(Enoch is speaking here, to Methuselah, who then speaks to Lamech)
for he and his sons will be saved from the destruction which will
come upon the earth...in his days.
...When all mankind who are left on the Earth will die,..

They who begat giants on the Earth, not according to the spirit,
but according to the flesh,
will suffer great punishment..."
- testament of Lamech Dead Sea Scroll 1Q20

interesting the contrast between spirit and flesh was maybe known way back then
or at least it's in the Qumran literature

Paul witnessed to his own personal sin throughout his ministry. There is no reason to pretend we don't sin. Our message is, God forgives and we all struggle with our human nature. We seek freedom and deliverance in the near future in the physical resurrection of all the Saints of God.

You have a choice to make, you either believe what other people say and think of you or you believe what God says you are as a believer and His child. And as long as you disbelieve what God as said of you as a believe and believe the lie; that you are a sinner, then sin is still imputed to you. That's why some believers have such a hard time with sin.

I don't believe sin is imputed to me. I am still a sinner because I sin.

If you still believe you are a sinner, even after God said He washes away a believer's sin, then you are still a sinner. And you still sin because you believe you are a sinner and are still imputing sin to yourself.

I must claim the Grace of God and the reckoning of righteousness afford me through Jesus Christ. It is not MY OWN RIGHTEOUSNESS.

If you are claiming "the Grace of God and the reckoning of righteousness afford" to you "through Jesus Christ" and it is His RIGHTEOUSNESS that is being imparted to you, then why do you still believe the lie that you are a sinner still?

You're being petty. I wasn't talking about anything I did here. I was talking about my own personal experience in living day to day. I get angry. I get sad. I experience emotions that I can not always control. I don't pretend to be something that I'm not.

No, you just see my disagreeing with you as offensive, because you have no way to refute it.

But it certainly was spilling over into your posts here.

Php 3:7 But what things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ.
Php 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,
Php 3:9 And be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith:
Php 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;
Php 3:11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

You speak of yourself. I do not. I speak of Jesus Christ.
The message of the Gospel is often lost in such rhetoric as you chose to employ. This world don't need another pope with fickle affections on full display.
Wherefore. Let him that thinks he stands.... take heed, lest he fall.

1Co 10:12 Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.

Strawman and projection, as I am speaking of what God does through Christ for believers; of which I am one.

And what you say about me is meaningless, because it isn't what man says or thinks about a believer that counts, but it is only what God says and thinks of me as a believer that counts.

. And He says about me as a believer:
But to all who have received him--those who believe in his name--he has given the right to become God's children … (John 1:12).

• I am a child of God.
But to all who have received him--those who believe in his name--he has given the right to become God's children … (John 1:12).

• I am a branch of the true vine, and a conduit of Christ’s life.
I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener. I am the vine; you are the branches. The one who remains in me--and I in him--bears much fruit, because apart from me you can accomplish nothing (John 15:1, 5).

• I am a friend of Jesus.
I no longer call you slaves, because the slave does not understand what his master is doing. But I have called you friends, because I have revealed to you everything I heard from my Father (John 15:15).

• I have been justified and redeemed.
But they are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus (Romans 3:24).

• My old self was crucified with Christ, and I am no longer a slave to sin.
We know that our old man was crucified with him so that the body of sin would no longer dominate us, so that we would no longer be enslaved to sin (Romans 6:6).

• I will not be condemned by God.
There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus (Romans 8:1).

• I have been set free from the law of sin and death.
For the law of the life-giving Spirit in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2).

• As a child of God, I am a fellow heir with Christ.
And if children, then heirs (namely, heirs of God and also fellow heirs with Christ)--if indeed we suffer with him so we may also be glorified with him (Romans 8:17).

• I have been accepted by Christ.
Receive one another, then, just as Christ also received you, to God's glory (Romans 15:7).

• I have been called to be a saint.
… To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, and called to be saints, with all those in every place who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours (1 Corinthians 1:2). (See also Ephesians 1:1, Philippians 1:1, and Colossians 1:2.)

• In Christ Jesus, I have wisdom, righteousness, sanctification, and redemption.
He is the reason you have a relationship with Christ Jesus, who became for us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification and redemption … (1 Corinthians 1:30).

• My body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who dwells in me.
Do you not know that you are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you (1 Corinthians 6:19)?

• I am joined to the Lord and am one spirit with Him.
But the one united with the Lord is one spirit with him (1 Corinthians 6:17).

• God leads me in the triumph and knowledge of Christ.
But thanks be to God who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and who makes known through us the fragrance that consists of the knowledge of him in every place (2 Corinthians 2:14).

• The hardening of my mind has been removed in Christ.
But their minds were closed. For to this very day, the same veil remains when they hear the old covenant It has not been removed because only in Christ is it taken away (2 Corinthians 3:14).

• I am a new creature in Christ.
So then, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; what is old has passed away--look, what is new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17)!

• I have become the righteousness of God in Christ.
God made the one who did not know sin to be sin for us, so that in him we would become the righteousness of God (2 Corinthians 5:21).

• I have been made one with all who are in Christ Jesus.
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female--for all of you are one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:28).

• I am no longer a slave, but a child and an heir.
So you are no longer a slave but a son, and if you are a son, then you are also an heir through God (Galatians 4:7).

• I have been set free in Christ.
For freedom Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not be subject again to the yoke of slavery (Galatians 5:1).

• I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places.
Blessed is the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms in Christ (Ephesians 1:3).

• I am chosen, holy, and blameless before God.
For he chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world that we may be holy and unblemished in his sight in love (Ephesians 1:4).

• I am redeemed and forgiven by the grace of Christ.
In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace (Ephesians 1:7).

"Call his name Noah,..(Enoch is speaking here, to Methuselah, who then speaks to Lamech)
for he and his sons will be saved from the destruction which will
come upon the earth...in his days.
...When all mankind who are left on the Earth will die,..

They who begat giants on the Earth, not according to the spirit,
but according to the flesh,
will suffer great punishment..."
- testament of Lamech

interesting the contrast between spirit and flesh was maybe known way back then
or at least it's in the Qumran literature

I remember being to a funeral of a man once that almost everyone who got up and spoke about him referred to him as "a giant", not in physical stature, but in the things that he was able to do regarding homelessness in an entire province. Him and his wife basically eliminated homelessness in an entire province by setting up a Homeless Mission House for the homeless to live and receive counselling to get back to the life they were missing out on.

Do you think that they understood figurative speech back then?

Do you think they knew a cannibalisticish giant/Nephilim when they saw one?

Again, do you think that they understood figurative speech back then?

I don't know, because I have never seen "a cannibalisticish giant/Nephilim". But I have seen a little lie when believed that seemed like a giant in controlling the people that believe it. I am not saying that there wasn't things that may have existed back then that doesn't exist today, but I just don't know of anything existing like that. I have no reference point for "a cannibalisticish giant/Nephilim".

Last edited:
Again, do you think that they understood figurative speech back then?
mmmmaybe

"There we saw the giants (the descendants of Anak came from the giants); and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.” Numbers 13

I don't know, because I have never seen "a cannibalisticish giant/Nephilim".
have you ever seen Jesus?

I just don't know of anything existing like that. I have no reference point for "a cannibalisticish giant/Nephilim".
maybe you will (?)

"And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be...: Luke 17
hmmm...

Genesis 1:26-27 says that God made humankind in “Our image” and “according to Our likeness.” Both of these terms mean the same thing, and usually refers the “image of God” (imago dei).

Some understand "image of God" to mean "the qualities that make us human". However, the Bible doesn't say "the qualities that make us human", but in “Our image” and “according to Our likeness.” So, this would imply that it is God's qualities and "likeness" that are being referred to and denoted in verses 26 - 27.

Question: Are we made in His "image" and "according to" the "likeness" of God before or after we become believers and children of God?

And God saith, `Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness, and let them rule over fish of the sea, and over fowl of the heavens, and over cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that is creeping on the earth.' And God prepareth the man in His image; in the image of God He prepared him, a male and a female He prepared them. (Genesis 1:26-27)

It must be understood that Adam and Eve were in God's likeness until the fall. After that they were still image-bearers. But the image had become distorted due to our sin nature. The analogy that I have heard is that Adam and Eve, like mirrors, reflected God's image. After the fall, Adam and Eve were like broken mirrors that reflected God's image in part.

Taking that analogy, a bit further, once we get saved, we begin to better reflect God's image. Sanctification brings that image in to greater focus.

It must be understood that Adam and Eve were in God's likeness until the fall. After that they were still image-bearers. But the image had become distorted due to our sin nature. The analogy that I have heard is that Adam and Eve, like mirrors, reflected God's image. After the fall, Adam and Eve were like broken mirrors that reflected God's image in part.
Taking that analogy, a bit further, once we get saved, we begin to better reflect God's image. Sanctification brings that image in to greater focus.

But all of those that you are referring to were believers. So, wouldn't that imply that you have to be a believer in order to be made in His image and likeness?

Okay, so they could be using figurative speech then. Not saying they are, just that it becomes a possibility.

"There we saw the giants (the descendants of Anak came from the giants); and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight.” Numbers 13

If there was a race of people that were say 6' - 9' feet tall, would we refer to them as "giants"?

have you ever seen Jesus?

The truth and reality of God is known and experienced through belief and not sight.

29 Jesus saith to him, `Because thou hast seen me, Thomas, thou hast believed; happy those not having seen, and having believed.' John 20:29

Back