Are some medical school teachers apologizing for saying only biological women can get pregnant?

BMS

I love Bob. Too funny and too sad that anyone would believe this utter nonsense. :love:

Not telling the truth is THE problem with our country. Starting with parents who won't say 'no' to their children, teachers who are not allowed to give 0's for missing assigned work. The NCLB essentially wrote the book on so much of this nonsense. I was forced as a teacher to accept a student who had been expelled from two other schools. He was diagnosed with 'conduct disorder'. This is a stop gap measure to try and keep these children from being called, what they are, child sociopaths. This child lifted his desk and three it against a wall. Praise be to God, no one was hurt, just drywall and paint. Nevertheless, I had to keep him in my class. I spent most of my day correcting outrageous behavior and the kids who wanted to learn, didn't get from me, what they should have.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conduct_disorder

In this case, mainstreaming fails everyone.

We need to tell our kids the truth. Not every kid gets the 'A'. There are again, there are few role models. Our government is run by idiots, liars and thieves. Con men and women.

Absolutely, that is exactly what it is, not telling the truth.

BMS

Society copes perfectly well with transgender people in it. Societies have done so for centuries. A few bewildered people having hissy fits because other people don't conform to their blinkered prejudices, is not an indication that society isn't working.
No, it copes with transsexuals, as we have seen it doesn't cope with the lie of gender identity, people cant agree with something that isn't reality

Temujin

Yes they are.
Impossible, it is impossible for the chromosomes to be changed and even with surgery for all the anatomy to be changed. So were you purposely deceiving us when you agreed biological sex is chromosomes and anatomy?
Nope. The prefix 'trans' means across, over or beyond. The biology of a man cant go across to the biology of a woman. The Trans Siberian railway cant become an aircraft across Ukraine.
You are confused. The gender of a person is not dependent on their biology. So all the arguments you use here concerning biology are null and void. Which is all of them. Gender is concerned, not with biology, but with the contrasting ways society interacts with men and women. It is nothing whatever to do with chromosomes. Female transwomen do not have female chromosomes. Neither do female plumbing joints. Or the female end of a belt buckle.

Temujin

No, it copes with transsexuals, as we have seen it doesn't cope with the lie of gender identity, people cant agree with something that isn't reality
Normal, well adjusted, compassionate, sensible, empathetic people, which covers the vast majority of society, cope perfectly well with the reality of gender identity. Your failure to do so is not society's problem, but yours. It says nothing about the reality of gender identity, but quite a lot about your failings.

BMS

Normal, well adjusted, compassionate, sensible, empathetic people, which covers the vast majority of society, cope perfectly well with the reality of gender identity.
I would suggest entirely the opposite. Got any independent evidence for that?

Your failure to acknowledge reality is not just your problem but one that has a effect on society as a whole, particularly women, children and lesbians and gays.

Temujin

I would suggest entirely the opposite. Got any independent evidence for that?

Your failure to acknowledge reality is not just your problem but one that has a effect on society as a whole, particularly women, children and lesbians and gays.
Yep. The fact that normal, well adjusted people are quite comfortable with gender identity. The fact that every organisation, public and private, has policies dealing with, and accommodating gender identity. The fact that the recent census asked questions on gender identity, with the specific aim of obtaining data on the gender identity of the population. The fact that transgender characters routinely appear in TV programmes and adverts. The fact that only abnormal and maladjusted individuals make a big song and dance about gender identity, claiming that it doesn't exist, while at the same time being a political conspiracy aimed at abusing children.

Electric Skeptic

Would you support all idiotic delusions like gender identity, or just gender identity.
Not in evidence that gender identity is an "idiotic delusion" and, in fact, it obviously is not.
And the best thing for them and everyone else is to help them from the idiotic delusion or as we see society cant work anymore
Please point out the ways in which "as we see society can't work anymore". As far as I can see it's working fine.

Electric Skeptic

You still haven't even worked out what 'gender identity' means. Transsexuals have a gender identity other than that matching the sex with which they were born. That's what the 'trans' bit means. By accepting that there are transsexuals and denying that gender identity exists, you are contradicting yourself.

Fenuay

No, they are not. They were men but transitioned. That is what the prefix "trans" means. They are a particular class of people who were born men.
So they are biologically male. I would have respect for their choice and call them "she" because that is what they have chosen and want. But they still can never be a biological mother.

Temujin

So they are biologically male. I would have respect for their choice and call them "she" because that is what they have chosen and want. But they still can never be a biological mother.
They are indeed biologically male, but their gender is female. They can never be a biological mother, but then neither can many other women who are biologically female. I respect you for your decency in this subject.

Fenuay

They are indeed biologically male, but their gender is female. They can never be a biological mother, but then neither can many other women who are biologically female. I respect you for your decency in this subject.
I would say that there are some women who would have difficulty getting pregnant but they still have the female internal anatomy. So they can get fertility assistance or have a surrogate. A m to f trans does not have any female anatomy internally and cannot provide an egg. Even if they get to the point that they can implant an artificial uterus there would still need to be an egg donor. So while some women won't conceive they can still provide an egg. So that is why I am saying they will never be a mother. They could be a father if they still have sperm. So I don't think that the OP comment was offensive. It's simply a biological fact. If someone is offended by biology we can't change that. I do sympathize with someone who is stuck in a body that they feel doesn't represent their gender. I can't imagine being in a male body. So while I will say that they cannot biologically conceive if they have surgery and adopt and want to be called mother that is their right to choose to do so.

Temujin

I would say that there are some women who would have difficulty getting pregnant but they still have the female internal anatomy. So they can get fertility assistance or have a surrogate. A m to f trans does not have any female anatomy internally and cannot provide an egg. Even if they get to the point that they can implant an artificial uterus there would still need to be an egg donor. So while some women won't conceive they can still provide an egg. So that is why I am saying they will never be a mother. They could be a father if they still have sperm. So I don't think that the OP comment was offensive. It's simply a biological fact. If someone is offended by biology we can't change that. I do sympathize with someone who is stuck in a body that they feel doesn't represent their gender. I can't imagine being in a male body. So while I will say that they cannot biologically conceive if they have surgery and adopt and want to be called mother that is their right to choose to do so.
I don't think that it is that part of the OP that is in question. Not all of society's females are biologically female. Any medical student who is not a moron would know that. They also know that only biological females get pregnant. Why would anybody apologise for stating this? The OP is based on a fantasy.

Bob Carabbio

Unless, of course, supporting them in what you claim to be their "artificial fantasy" and "idiotic delusion" were the best thing for them. But who cares about that, anyway?
Why would trying to LIVE A LIE (and making other fools believe it) be better for them than realizing the truth?

Electric Skeptic

Why would trying to LIVE A LIE (and making other fools believe it) be better for them than realizing the truth?
You've yet to demonstrate that anybody is "liv[ing] a lie".

Because what you call "the truth" is incompatible with them being happy. Them living as a different gender leads to more happiness and harms nobody.

Bob Carabbio

You've yet to demonstrate that anybody is "liv[ing] a lie".

Because what you call "the truth" is incompatible with them being happy. Them living as a different gender leads to more happiness and harms nobody.
Except, of course, that it's all completely phony, and they're mentally ill.