Are there any more Christian message boards that aren't run by the devil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chuckz

Are there any more Christian message boards left that aren't run by the devil?

I've seen boards with naked photos on avatars. I've been on Christian message boards that prohibit the gospel. I've spent years just defending basic Christian doctrine on message boards. I've even been spammed by the owner of one with threats. I've almost given up on looking anymore and I don't think I can get members or justify the cost of starting one.

Bob Carabbio

I've seen boards with naked photos on avatars. I've been on Christian message boards that prohibit the gospel. I've spent years just defending basic Christian doctrine on message boards. I've even been spammed by the owner of one with threats. I've almost given up on looking anymore and I don't think I can get members or justify the cost of starting one.
IN your opinion??? Probably not. I've been on CARM for over 20 years through it's various versions, and it's always been pretty much the same - Same people, same truths, same errors, various theologies, various CULTS, pretty much like the VISIBLE CHURCH in it's incorporated confusion.

There are People, denominations, theologies, etc. involved. What do you expect??

If YOU start one, it won't be any different, in the final analysis.

Redeemed

IN your opinion??? Probably not. I've been on CARM for over 20 years through it's various versions, and it's always been pretty much the same - Same people, same truths, same errors, various theologies, various CULTS, pretty much like the VISIBLE CHURCH in it's incorporated confusion.

There are People, denominations, theologies, etc. involved. What do you expect??

If YOU start one, it won't be any different, in the final analysis.
What makes this one unique is this one has a banjo picker named Bob! :love:

SteveB

Are you seeking to preach to the choir or get to the non-affiliated?

I have spent the past 20 years on a variety of different forums.
I started using the Netscape forums. I then joined a number of non-religious forums to discuss topics of importance to me at the time.
Some have vanished, and others morphed as technology has become better.
I then got into a completely atheist forum for a few months. I then got hooked up with a local newspaper forum that was shutdown in the summer of 2012. I was introduced to this forum at that time.

The newspaper forum had several locations throughout the country. Before it was shutdown I meandered around the country.

Since I came here I've pretty much focused here.

I have gone out from time to time and checked out the collection of forums.
Including Christian forums.

I think that Carm's forums are still the best.

Other forums' members who were previous members here still talk about how great this forum is. I think it's why I came back after the crash and resurrection.

I've lost thousands of posts which I really would have wanted to keep due to the crashes which took place.

Why don't you come to the secular section and focus on Jesus.

A number of previous members got stuck on various doctrines and completely lost sight of Jesus.

Just be ready to get your heart ripped out of your chest. It'll definitely drive you to Jesus. It's not a section for wimps.

Make sure that you read and pray regularly. This is not a place to go without the Power of the Spirit and Word.

Redeemed

Are you seeking to preach to the choir or get to the non-affiliated?

I have spent the past 20 years on a variety of different forums.
I started using the Netscape forums. I then joined a number of non-religious forums to discuss topics of importance to me at the time.
Some have vanished, and others morphed as technology has become better.
I then got into a completely atheist forum for a few months. I then got hooked up with a local newspaper forum that was shutdown in the summer of 2012. I was introduced to this forum at that time.

The newspaper forum had several locations throughout the country. Before it was shutdown I meandered around the country.

Since I came here I've pretty much focused here.

I have gone out from time to time and checked out the collection of forums.
Including Christian forums.

I think that Carm's forums are still the best.

Other forums' members who were previous members here still talk about how great this forum is. I think it's why I came back after the crash and resurrection.

I've lost thousands of posts which I really would have wanted to keep due to the crashes which took place.

Why don't you come to the secular section and focus on Jesus.

A number of previous members got stuck on various doctrines and completely lost sight of Jesus.

Just be ready to get your heart ripped out of your chest. It'll definitely drive you to Jesus. It's not a section for wimps.

Make sure that you read and pray regularly. This is not a place to go without the Power of the Spirit and Word.
and we have Bob!

C

Chuckz

I've been censored, kicked off every Christian forum, and threatened.

What you may not know is that one of the forums is run by Unitarians and not Christians.

SteveB

What you may not know is that one of the forums is run by Unitarians and not Christians.
Years ago I decided to not hang out in the religious sections of the forums I attended.

Jesus didn't come to save saints. He came to save sinners.

This raises the question of what a sinner is.

As sin is defined in 1 John 3 as lawlessness, it seems that a sinner is someone who lives without any law.

Paul describes in 1 Corinthians 9 that he can live without law, but not apart from the law of Jesus, to reach the unsaved.

So.... do you actually think that arguing doctrine with people who profess faith in Jesus is productive?

Even religious people who are convinced they are right are not going to listen and be open to the truth. Granted, a lot of atheists aren't either.

In 2003, I got into a singularly atheist forum. Run/owned/operated by atheists.
There were a number of former pastors who had walked away from the gospel were on there.

It was an interesting experience. I got my hat handed to me a couple of times. They "graciously" drove me out.

While I'm sorry for the experiences you've had, welcome to the life of engaging ungodly people on internet forums.

This is a bizarre world, no matter how you cut it or where you go.

SteveB

Many Christian forums are Decepticons in disguise.
While I understand the cultural reference, I'm not looking for people to agree with me.
Bob and I would never have met outside this forum.
Aside from being in other parts of the country, we attend different churches.
But what little we do interact, I'm glad he's a follower of Jesus.

Consider what Jesus said to the disciples regarding the guy who was casting out demons, but wasn't hanging out with them. Mark 9.

Then, in 1 Corinthians 3 Paul rebuked the Corinthians because of their sectarianism.

Jesus himself told the disciples that the world would know that we are his followers by their love for one another.

Don't get stuck on doctrinal differences which are not clearly outlined.

My now deceased pastor used to tell us,

In essentials unity, in nonessentials liberty, in all things charity.

As long as the essentials, nonessentials and bible and not cultural, we can work through this.

Redeemed

While I understand the cultural reference, I'm not looking for people to agree with me.

Consider what Jesus said to the disciples regarding the guy who was casting out demons, but wasn't hanging out with them. Mark 9.

Then, in 1 Corinthians 3 Paul rebuked the Corinthians because of their sectarianism.

Jesus himself told the disciples that the world would know that we are his followers by their love for one another.

As long as the essentials, nonessentials and bible and not cultural, we can work through this.
Love RC just singed back up for Llgonier Connect

Bob Carabbio

Many Christian forums are Decepticons in disguise.
Back in the late '90s when I (as a long time Pentecostal, cross-bred with Charismatics during the '70s) first became involved in online discussion groups, What IMMEDIATELY struck me was the UTTERLY INCREDIBLE diversity among folks who carry the "Christian" label, and argue for the correctness of their Personal/Denominational "Precious Doctrines", and beliefs.

Once in a while I still come across folks that are SO FAR in left field, that you wonder how they ever came up with their theology.

The secret to "Discussion Boards" is to know where YOU stand, and the Biblical reasons AS YOU UNDERSTAND THEM for it. And in the final analysis, in the evening, after dinner, It's a whole lot more interesting than "90 day Fiance", or the (shudder) "Hallmark" horrors that fill the air time, these days.

SteveB

Back in the late '90s when I (as a long time Pentecostal, cross-bred with Charismatics during the '70s) first became involved in online discussion groups, What IMMEDIATELY struck me was the UTTERLY INCREDIBLE diversity among folks who carry the "Christian" label, and argue for the correctness of their Personal/Denominational "Precious Doctrines", and beliefs.

Once in a while I still come across folks that are SO FAR in left field, that you wonder how they ever came up with their theology.

The secret to "Discussion Boards" is to know where YOU stand, and the Biblical reasons AS YOU UNDERSTAND THEM for it. And in the final analysis, in the evening, after dinner, It's a whole lot more interesting than "90 day Fiance", or the (shudder) "Hallmark" horrors that fill the air time, these days.
Excellent description.
That's been my experience as well.

Beloved

SteveB, thank you for posting the article by Mark Ross and your input. I miss seeing the back and forth by R.C Sproul and John MacArthur. IMO they both adhered to those principles, were good friends, debated each other and still kept their "cool" We should all do the same. We might reach more people or even change some in order that they be saved. Hard to do tho huh? We do need to test ourselves along with preaching to the choir.

SteveB

SteveB, thank you for posting the article by Mark Ross and your input. I miss seeing the back and forth by R.C Sproul and John MacArthur. IMO they both adhered to those principles, were good friends, debated each other and still kept their "cool" We should all do the same. We might reach more people or even change some in order that they be saved. Hard to do tho huh? We do need to test ourselves along with preaching to the choir.
You're welcome.
I don't think preaching to the choir is good. I do think teaching the "choir" is what the body of Christ is partly about. Ephesians 4.
We're to preach to the lost. 1 Cor. 1:18-29.

But, I get that it's a cultural idea.....
We're members, at large, of the Body of Christ.

John t

That may be the one who erased my profile. I caught them in a blatant contradiction about discussing other religions, and they had open wiccans and devil worshipers (long time posters) posting, and promoting their belief systems. That really "annoyed them off". Then, when I posted that according to John 14:6, that Jesus Christ claimed that that He is the ONLY way to get into heaven, they removed my profile. I can tell you the name of that forum in a PM, not on the open forum.

If they are Unitarians, then that explains many things. BTW how did you discover that they were Unitarians?

Last edited:
C

Chuckz

That may be the one who erased my profile. I caught them in a blatant contradiction about discussing other religions, and they had open wiccans and devil worshipers (long time posters) posting, and promoting their belief systems. That really "annoyed them off". Then, when I posted that according to John 14:6, that Jesus Christ claimed that that He is the ONLY way to get into heaven, they removed my profile. I can tell you the name of that forum in a PM, not on the open forum.

If they are Unitarians, then that explains many things. BTW how did you discover that they were Unitarians?

I was on one forum and they were attacking the Trinity. There were 18 or 24 attacks on the trinity in one weekend.
I complained to the moderators. One seemed apologetic but he wouldn't do anything. These were Unitarian attacks on the Trinity.'

I sent some complaints I found online to one of my friends. The complaints found online are against almost all of the Christian forums you might google. I knew one guy from another Christian forum complain about another Christian forum. I gave that forum a chance just to tell them goodbye.

Their unwritten manifesto is to protect the sinner and censor the Christian. I'm an heir to heaven but not the churches or message boards. Some of the later are owned by men and not God.

SteveB

I was on one forum and they were attacking the Trinity. There were 18 or 24 attacks on the trinity in one weekend.
I complained to the moderators. One seemed apologetic but he wouldn't do anything. These were Unitarian attacks on the Trinity.'
that happens on this forum.
Please read this again.

Then put on your armor- Ephesians 6:10-18.

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.​
11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.​
12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.
13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.​
14 Stand therefore, having girded your waist with truth, having put on the breastplate of righteousness,​
15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace;​
16 above all, taking the shield of faith with which you will be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked one.​
17 And take the helmet of salvation,​
and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God;​
18 praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication for all the saints​

Then read the purpose and scope of the forums again, and again, and again.

I sent some complaints I found online to one of my friends. The complaints found online are against almost all of the Christian forums you might google. I knew one guy from another Christian forum complain about another Christian forum. I gave that forum a chance just to tell them goodbye.

Their unwritten manifesto is to protect the sinner and censor the Christian. I'm an heir to heaven but not the churches or message boards. Some of the later are owned by men and not God.
Regardless of what their manifestos are..... we who follow Jesus have a manifesto of our own.....
1 Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, 2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you. 20 Remember the word that I said to you, ‘A servant is not greater than his master.’ If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they kept My word, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things they will do to you for My name’s sake, because they do not know Him who sent Me. 22 If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 23 He who hates Me hates My Father also. 24 If I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both Me and My Father. 25 But this happened that the word might be fulfilled which is written in their law, ‘They hated Me without a cause.’
26 “But when the Helper comes, whom I shall send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds from the Father, He will testify of Me. 27 And you also will bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.​

What has happened to you, has been happening to Jesus followers the world over, since Jesus was crucified.
Actually, it's been happening to followers of YHVH since Abel.
Remember--- Abel was murdered by his own brother over the differences in the proper way to worship God.

1 If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. 3 For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. 4 When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory.

17 No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the LORD.

Please remember upon Whom we trust. They killed him, but God raised him from the dead. So, not even death could hold him prisoner.

Truther

No poster may post about nor link to another forum

I have one. I started it for free. The problem is getting folks to join or stay.

EDIT URL not permitted

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.