Are there any more Christian message boards that aren't run by the devil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chuckz

I have one. I started it for free. The problem is getting folks to join or stay.

URL is prohibited

I know someone who started a message board. It took him six years to gain a new member.

I started one of those free message boards but the host providers covered 3/4ths of my page with video and audio I couldn't turn off. I had 20,000+ views but only two people I invited joined. I got rid of it because of the obtrusive advertising and the company closed shop and became something else.

My question is, why is the board called apostolicquestions? I don't believe apostles are for today. Is the board SDA? Who is your audience? If your audience is SDA or those who believe in apostolicity, your audience does not include all people because we all don't believe in that and it may be too much for the average person to wade through although you might be a source of learning for those studying those things..

I read the King James Bible but I also read other versions including the Kenneth Wuest Translation. Making friends with Christians also means that you have to play by their rules to some extent or you don't make friends.

I'll give your forum another look.

Last edited by a moderator:

John t

I really would not bother because from what I read and heard, they really are "Word of Faith" and the links I traced lead to this statement on Oneness theology:

1. The Bible

We believe the Bible to be the inspired word of God and to be free from error in the original manuscripts when all grammatical, historical, literary and cultural issues have been considered. We believe the Bible is the only God-given authority which man possesses; therefore, all doctrine, faith, hope, and all instruction for the church must be based upon and harmonize with the Bible.

2. God

We believe in a strict Monotheism – that God is numerically one.

3. Jesus Christ

We believe that the one God of the Old Testament, whose name is Yahweh, became a man in the person of Jesus Christ. Jesus, the Son of God, is both fully God and fully man, being the visible image of the one invisible God. Jesus' deity is none other than that of the Father. As it pertains to His humanity, Jesus was born of a virgin in time.

4. The Holy Spirit

We believe that the Holy Spirit is none other than the Spirit of God Himself, primarily as He relates to mankind in our adoption as children of God and in our sanctification.

5. Salvation

We believe that salvation is based solely on the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ and is completely an undeserved gift of God. The Biblical experience of salvation consists of: faith, repentance, baptism in water by immersion in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and the baptism of the Holy Spirit with the initial sign of speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.

6. The Second Coming

We believe that Jesus died for our sins, was resurrected and ascended into heaven where he presently reigns. We also believe in a literal, bodily return of Jesus Christ after a time of Great Tribulation, both to claim his bride and to execute vengeance on an unbelieving world.

7. Final Judgment

We believe there is coming a time when all who ever lived will stand before Jesus Christ to be judged and that all who are not saved will be cast into the lake of fire. We believe this judgment to be literal and eternal.

Thus one of the posters is in a cult, and is contrary to what the Bible plainly teaches. Let the readers be aware; the cults do not always post in their respective cult threads/topics

Truther

I know someone who started a message board. It took him six years to gain a new member.

I started one of those free message boards but the host providers covered 3/4ths of my page with video and audio I couldn't turn off. I had 20,000+ views but only two people I invited joined. I got rid of it because of the obtrusive advertising and the company closed shop and became something else.

My question is, why is the board called apostolicquestions? I don't believe apostles are for today. Is the board SDA? Who is your audience? If your audience is SDA or those who believe in apostolicity, your audience does not include all people because we all don't believe in that and it may be too much for the average person to wade through although you might be a source of learning for those studying those things..

I read the King James Bible but I also read other versions including the Kenneth Wuest Translation. Making friends with Christians also means that you have to play by their rules to some extent or you don't make friends.

I named it that because I am an independent originalist. I believe in the Acts 2 doctrine, but not sure if oneness is legitimate anymore. The reason I created it was if someone that is kicked out of their organization or local church they have a place to go to get their questions dealt with. Some forums censor folks too, which I would only do for non-Christian behavior as cussing or personal attacks. Censoring of fellow believers is destructive, not productive.
Most importantly, I am not interested in creating a following, but to help folks follow Christ.

C

Chuckz

I really would not bother because from what I read and heard, they really are "Word of Faith" and the links I traced lead to this statement on Oneness theology:

Thus one of the posters is in a cult, and is contrary to what the Bible plainly teaches. Let the readers be aware; the cults do not always post in their respective cult threads/topics

Thanks. I am an adult Christian and would find it. I'm glad you are looking out.

How will counter cult researchers study the group if it is censored?
Aren't we supposed to go into all the world?
I went into the internet and it brought me closer to all kinds of groups not in my immediate area with all kinds of doctrines that I don't see every day.
I'm leaving all of my writings from scriptural battles for my kids so they don't have to reinvent the wheel.

I was telling my friend in the UK that I've been through the debate about annihilationism 3 times and this board is my 4th debate.
I think I spent over 300 hours on the first debate. I know the debate but each attempt helps me and prepares me more to handle it.

Why is it important?

I learn things important from scripture the church won't teach. I called a cult researcher and he taught me some things in one phone call that I didn't learn from the church.

How do you handle false teaching? I have to be exposed to handle it. I have the truth so I am not afraid of error but there are lots of Christians with their heads in the sand who short circuit when dealing with this stuff because they are not at all studying the Bible.

New American Standard Bible
Beloved, while I was making every effort to write you about our common salvation, I felt the necessity to write to you appealing that you contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all handed down to the saints.

The Bible tells you to fight. I did evangelism on message boards and all I got was a fight from people who don't want to hear the Bible, the gospel. They suppress the truth in unrighteousness because they know what truth is. They don't want to be subject to the Lord Jesus Christ.

The pace the church is teaching at will take 300 years to teach all of us because they teach 2 verses a week for 52 weeks. Divide the number of verses in the Bible by that number and I get about 300 years. The church is leaving us illiterate. I know a pastor invited to Cuba to teach the Bible and they only gave him a couple of hours to teach it. What can you teach in a couple of hours?

The day of going on the mission field without passing a course or having Christian college experience is over. What are you going to teach the people if you aren't prepared? If you haven't done any work, what would you teach them? I spent 19 years in my house writing maybe 2 hours a night that only fill a little portion of screen. When my pastor friend does evangelism, he talks to people like he is doing discipleship even though they aren't Christian and we're supposed to go into all the world and preach the gospel. As we are going, we are supposed to make disciples. I tried to start discipleship on a Christian board that supposedly was alright and their response from one of the members was, "Don't you have a church to go make disciples in?". No. No. No. We are supposed to go into all the world and make disciples.

I've called a lot of pastors in the past. A lot of them don't want to work on any of the answering Bible questions.

There is a lot more involved. We need information to discern. We work on it, we work again, we work on it.

Whateverman

Are there any more Christian message boards left that aren't run by the devil?

I've seen boards with naked photos on avatars. I've been on Christian message boards that prohibit the gospel. I've spent years just defending basic Christian doctrine on message boards. I've even been spammed by the owner of one with threats. I've almost given up on looking anymore and I don't think I can get members or justify the cost of starting one.
EDIT--What happens on other forums STAYS THERE
In general terms it is OK to discuss other forums, but you cannot link to another forum, nor specifically mention it.

As an atheist, I can't vouch for the Devil's presence or absence, but its owners and operators are mostly Christian.

Last edited by a moderator:

John t

Quite the imagination! I never stated nor advocated that position, therefore your statement has no truth in it. This forum is by definition a discussion forum.

There are some here capable of writing on a post college level in order to teach. Sometimes I do that, but discussion, not monologues and research papers are not the intention of Matt Slick. Otherwise, it would have a different format.

Aren't we supposed to go into all the world?
I NEVER stated anything of that sort. On CARM, there are specific forums for the cults, but cult members are not required to provide an identifying avatar. Therefore, there are Mormons who pretend to be Christians who post on threads outside the Mormon sub section. For a while, they called themselves "Christians" (on the old threads). Their aim was to spew heresies while pretending to be real Christians and sewing confusion among the brethren.

In the case of those people, it is not wrong to expose them because their heart is deceitful. If they stuck to their areas, properly identified themselves and did not try to confuse others, then your point would be valid. But if we can accurately identify a Word of Faith poster, we can understand their aberrant theology, and rightfully condemn people like Jessie Duplantis, Kennith Hagan, Bennie Hinn and others, we are warning the sheep to stay away from wolves.

So dealing with those people on the open forums is a good way to protect the sheep from the sheep stealers.

That is the reason why people like me clearly identify a cult member, and expose heretical theology. My primary way of dealing with them is to provide Scriptures that demolish heresy, letting Holy Spirit teach from God's word, and I simply let the facts speak for themselves, such as I did when a poster made the absurd statement that was an anachronism.

I've called a lot of pastors in the past. A lot of them don't want to work on any of the answering Bible questions.

The office of pastor is not the same as that of an apologist, or even an evangelist. Think of Billy Graham, as an example. The pastor has a far different responsibility--the sheep God gave to him than does any of the offices in the New Testament. That is why they exegete from Hebrew and Greek, and speak to a different need, which is unique to his congregation.

There is a lot more involved. We need information to discern. We work on it, we work again, we work on it.

You should see that my method of correcting your errors was to teach things in a straight and forthcoming manner, without rancor or hyperbole. That is also how we are to deal with the "hidden cultists" on the boards. I do that because once the truth if given to them, they cannot "un-see" the truth.

Oh, yes, they will squirm and attempt to deny it, but once they read it, the responsibility to take action is on them, not me. Not one of them can try to say at the Judgment Seat before the Living God that "John T did not present the Gospel of salvation to me, so I should get into heaven due to his neglect.

Does that make sense to you?

C

Chuckz

Quite the imagination! I never stated nor advocated that position, therefore your statement has no truth in it. This forum is by definition a discussion forum.
Sorry. I got off on a tangent and my mind was rambling. It wasn't directed at you. My apologies.

Woody50

IN your opinion??? Probably not. I've been on CARM for over 20 years through it's various versions, and it's always been pretty much the same - Same people, same truths, same errors, various theologies, various CULTS, pretty much like the VISIBLE CHURCH in it's incorporated confusion.
No, you've not been on CARM this long.

Who do you know from 20 years ago? I was there, you weren't.

John t

Long story, but I recall that Bob once had a forum that supported his ministry to former Mormons. One Mormon poster not posting here currently took pleasure that he and others took down the forum through various evil means, and bragged about it here.

The same Mormon duped me into believing that he had reformed after the administrator, Diane S banned him forever after being kicked off, he returned using the name of his sister, "janet", and then again as "priest" and then again as another name. or two.

That is how I know that Bob is accurate in what he posts. He is more accurate than other banjo players I know. :rolleyes:

Bob Carabbio

Well, there was Travelah, Tallen, Beachmaster, to name three that spring to mind from the beginning - that was three board iterations ago. Seems I remember Andrew Murray's "Shepherd's Chapel" folks were the ones that took one of the boards down - I don't recall a "Woody50".

Woody50

Well, there was Travelah, Tallen, Beachmaster, to name three that spring to mind from the beginning - that was three board iterations ago. Seems I remember Andrew Murray's "Shepherd's Chapel" folks were the ones that took one of the boards down - I don't recall a "Woody50".
I remember the two "T's." That wasn't 20 years ago, though.

En Hakkore

the administrator, Diane S
I was very saddened to find out on my return in November after a lengthy hiatus of Diane's passing back in 2018. We got to know each other very well back in the days when CARM also had chat... we often stayed up chatting into the wee hours of the night on PM and we became good friends despite our theological differences. One of the iterations of the chat room had microphone option and she got a kick out of it when I got on mic and recited some biblical Hebrew... she was also shocked to hear how my screen name is actually pronounced and she kept saying it her way whenever she was on mic after making one good-natured attempt to pronounce it correctly! She will be greatly missed...

Kind regards,
Jonathan

4Him

Administrator
Staff member
I was very saddened to find out on my return in November after a lengthy hiatus of Diane's passing back in 2018. We got to know each other very well back in the days when CARM also had chat... we often stayed up chatting into the wee hours of the night on PM and we became good friends despite our theological differences. One of the iterations of the chat room had microphone option and she got a kick out of it when I got on mic and recited some biblical Hebrew... she was also shocked to hear how my screen name is actually pronounced and she kept saying it her way whenever she was on mic after making one good-natured attempt to pronounce it correctly! She will be greatly missed...

Kind regards,
Jonathan
We all miss Diane. She was the best.

Mike McK

Kind regards,
Jonathan
The funny thing is that I found out after she died that, after talking to her for years over the internet, we actually lived just a couple of blocks from each other in Newark, De. Probably ran into her at the store and never knew it. I liked her. She was very responsive to concerns and questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.