Are there any more Christian message boards that aren't run by the devil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woody50

I was very saddened to find out on my return in November after a lengthy hiatus of Diane's passing back in 2018. We got to know each other very well back in the days when CARM also had chat... we often stayed up chatting into the wee hours of the night on PM and we became good friends despite our theological differences. One of the iterations of the chat room had microphone option and she got a kick out of it when I got on mic and recited some biblical Hebrew... she was also shocked to hear how my screen name is actually pronounced and she kept saying it her way whenever she was on mic after making one good-natured attempt to pronounce it correctly! She will be greatly missed...

Kind regards,
Jonathan
I'm just now learning about this.

She was a great, Christlike woman.

I didn't know this. At all. Is this true? What happened?

Thanks for the kind words toward her, Jonathan. I didn't know...

En Hakkore

I'm just now learning about this.

She was a great, Christlike woman.

I didn't know this. At all. Is this true? What happened?

Thanks for the kind words toward her, Jonathan. I didn't know...
I'm sorry, I don't know the details... just that it was a couple of years ago. I last talked with her over email maybe five years ago. Yes, she was a great lady... I was still a feisty twenty-something when we first corresponded --- she was like a second mom to me. She deserves all the kind words and then some...

The funny thing is that I found out after she died that, after talking to her for years over the internet, we actually lived just a couple of blocks from each other in Newark, De. Probably ran into her at the store and never knew it. I liked her. She was very responsive to concerns and questions.
It's a small world, as they say. Yes, I can imagine being admin here was a tiring and often thankless job... it's good to know there are others who recognized her dedication and professionalism under trying and sometimes hostile circumstances.

We all miss Diane. She was the best.

Bob Carabbio

I just listened to all the songs on your YT. Incredible. Thanks!
I'm glad you found it enjoyable. It's been my profound JOY to have made music with the talented folks in Dallas for the last 50 years. the recordings go back as far as 1994. Thanks for the kind words.

Redeemed

I have one. I started it for free. The problem is getting folks to join or stay.

EDIT URL not permitted
Are you trying to swipe Bob from us? But seriously folks if you do want to invite someone to another message board you can invite them in a private message just click the little icon that looks like envelope.

Truther

Are you trying to swipe Bob from us? But seriously folks if you do want to invite someone to another message board you can invite them in a private message just click the little icon that looks like envelope.
No.

I work 4 boards and nobody owns me.

I would never kidnap him.

Tonyg

When I first started on online forums was maybe the year 2000 or so. There was a gold and silver forum with discussions on that topic and which had sections for religion and UFOs and politics and conspiracy theories and so forth. Due to the connection that I learned about between the growth of the Schofield Bible and it being funded by the same people who were behind the Federal reserve act I spent time in that form learning and growing about patriotism and organic law versus constitutional law versus Federal law etc.

As my understanding grew against dispensationalism, I started interacting on a Christian forum that went by that nomenclature. Maybe a few of you were there but there was a particularly strong dispensationalist who had actually written course books for liberty University, at least he claimed and we got into many discussions. Though time consuming, they often featured the need to dive deep into the scriptures in order to approve or disprove what the fellow was offering, which resulted in significant growth and confidence.

An example would be of how Jesus affirmed a symbolic or spiritual intent of the prophecy of Elias when he affirmed to the disciples that John the Baptist was indeed Elias. This fellow would acknowledge the spiritual intent of the prophecy but then continue to teach that Elias was yet future to come.???

I thus discovered that some persons who have a coin in the bucket, though they may state that they are convinced of your point or see your point or have it so openly displayed in public that they acknowledge that it is a sound point, they will still revert back to teaching their doctrine.

I also participated in a form by Richard Magoo who had written a book called The Bible wheel. It's a very similar layout as carm but with very little if any censorship. He runs a spam filtration on it. There was a strong preterist presence there and I grew in understanding through discussions in that form resulting in a few articles written on my personal blog that were developed by discussion in that forum..

About a month ago I found out that Carm was back online, I was glad and yet hesitant because I know how it can become so time-consuming. So I've decided to try to discipline myself. I had been on the previous renditions of the forum, possibly under a different name and possibly going through three crashes and resurgences. I was warned or kicked off or given 30-day suspensions or daily suspensions by Diana a couple times as others here have mentioned. There are a few topics that are or at least were taboo.

II like the idea here that at least there doesn't seem to be a restriction on volume of content in each post though I'm sure that a person couldn't copy and repost a whole book?? And it seems as though at least in this present forum, taboo topics and censorship have been reduced.

This is possibly the best forum but I appreciated all the ones that I was involved as they created growth through knowledge and study.

The fellow who said that he lived only a few blocks from Diane s before her passing is truly interesting.

e v e

I'm glad you found it enjoyable. It's been my profound JOY to have made music with the talented folks in Dallas for the last 50 years. the recordings go back as far as 1994. Thanks for the kind words.
Yours is real music.... not like the stuff called music in recent times.

Esther

Are there any more Christian message boards left that aren't run by the devil?

I've seen boards with naked photos on avatars. I've been on Christian message boards that prohibit the gospel. I've spent years just defending basic Christian doctrine on message boards. I've even been spammed by the owner of one with threats. I've almost given up on looking anymore and I don't think I can get members or justify the cost of starting one.
EDIT PER MOD. Advertising violation, cannot advertise another forum.

It is just getting started by a few people that were frustrated with what had been going on in some of the other discussion groups.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.