Are there any words more authoritative than the words of God?

oh ok, some random men? and the HS guided these men, no?

No Blessings, they were not just some random men
have you never read Moses and
""Who" the keeping of the Scrolls were entrusted too ??????
it wasn't the RCC

a Preist that served in the Temple was a "Levite"
of the family of Aaron
"the rod that budded" if you recall

and many of the Preist were faithful to their calling"​

and those were not "Gentiles"

Romans 11:1
I say then, Hath God cast away his people?
God forbid. For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham,
of the tribe of Benjamin.
But what saith the answer of God unto him?
I have reserved to myself seven thousand men,
who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

5 Even so then at this present time also
there is a remnant according to the election of grace.​

Paul tells / warns Rome who the scriptures,
both old and new belong to
and it ain't the RCC

Romans 3:1​
What advantage then hath the Jew?​
or what profit is there of circumcision?​
2 Much every way: chiefly,​
because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.​

Nice to see you agree with us Catholics! ?

You can't even discern where the word came from.

Blessings8 said:
that is what non Catholics believe. me and my bible. that is it. no church, no nothing. no church history, councils, nothing. Dont correct me, correct your fellow non Catholic's. this is what they tell me.

I do NOT agree with the rcc. I want NOTHING to do with anything roman catholic period!

Rc's on here make it a point to mock Scripture whenever they can. My point in posting the short blurb from your rc catechism is in response to Blessings8 mockery. Rc's in general speaking, are always claiming the bible has no authority over the rcc teachings. But yet your rc catechism says otherwise, because it is God speaking to us through the writings from prophets and the apostles.

God is the one who set the bar on what is right and what is sinful, NOT the rcc. God's word has the final say in all things spiritual and behavioral. NOT mary, NOT the rcc, NOT dead saints. And certainly not the rc pope. God is NOT a created being, that He can be put into a box and manipulated by men.

The attitude of rc's on here, when their leaders lead sinful lives... is "oh well, who cares". At least Taylor Marshal has the guts to call a spade, a spade.

Old men like Matin luther? or John Calvin? or any other "church" that has come after them? Did the bible come out of the sky for you? How did you get the Word of God?
The Scriptures were inspired by the Holy Spirit over the millenia. 2 Pet 1:20,21. True that folks in colleges and monasteries did a nice job of assembling the God-breathed texts into a stable form (although there are several different largely similar, but with variations versions of the Canon among Catholic denominations, Roman and otherwise). Where did the Bereans (ActsS 17:10,11) get the Scriptures that they checked Paul out with???

Roman Catholics claim to have "Created" the Bible, and yet they IGNORE what it says.

I do NOT agree with the rcc. I want NOTHING to do with anything roman catholic period!
I was being sarcastic. Of course, as a rejectionist you wouldn't want to have anything to do with the Catholic Church and I can understand that. If I believed like you I wouldn't either.
But yet your rc catechism says otherwise, because it is God speaking to us through the writings from prophets and the apostles.
Well, Blessings has her own opinion of things. As the OP title states, the scriptures are authoritative, authority is something else and exists with the leaders of the Church, living people.

Roman Catholics claim to have "Created" the Bible, and yet they IGNORE what it says.
We sifted through all the writings that were out there at that time and collected it into what is known as the Canon of Scripture. This was done by the Bishops of the Christian Church at that time in a duly constituted council. The scriptures are interpreted by the Catholic Church in the way that they do. You also have your own interpretation of the Holy Writ, is that not true?

We sifted through all the writings that were out there at that time and collected it into what is known as the Canon of Scripture. This was done by the Bishops of the Christian Church at that time in a duly constituted council. The scriptures are interpreted by the Catholic Church in the way that they do. You also have your own interpretation of the Holy Writ, is that not true?
How does the "Catholic Church" interpret "scriptures' that don't even exist??

Back