Are there more than one salvations?

SovereignGrace

I also asked @brightfame52 this question and he told me to start a thread about it.

PB’s teach two salvations. One that is temporal that can be forfeited and one eternal salvation.

What say ye, ye blokes?

brightfame52

I also asked @brightfame52 this question and he told me to start a thread about it.

PB’s teach two salvations. One that is temporal that can be forfeited and one eternal salvation.

What say ye, ye blokes?
I'm not a pb. I would like to hear your thoughts on your op question since you started it and be detailed. Then I will give my input.

SovereignGrace

I'm not a pb. I would like to hear your thoughts on your op question since you started it and be detailed. Then I will give my input.
The PB’s teach what they call ’time salvation’. The elect can lose their salvation in time, but their eternal salvation is secure. They deny that there is one eternal salvation. I reject such nonsense.

civic

Scripture says the following regarding salvation. There is a past aspect, a present aspect and a future aspect to our salvation.

Past
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. cf Acts 15:11; Ephesians 2:5

Present
1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. cf Acts 2:47; 2 Corinthians 2:15

Future
Romans 5:9
having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

hope this helps!!!

SovereignGrace

Scripture says the following regarding salvation. There is a past aspect, a present aspect and a future aspect to our salvation.

Past
Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. cf Acts 15:11; Ephesians 2:5

Present
1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. cf Acts 2:47; 2 Corinthians 2:15

Future
Romans 5:9
having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from wrath through Him.

hope this helps!!!
All three show the three aspects of salvation.

We have been saved from the penalty of sin.[Justification]
We are being saved from the power of sin.[Sanctification]
We will finally be saved from the presence of sin.[Glorification]

brightfame52

The PB’s teach what they call ’time salvation’. The elect can lose their salvation in time, but their eternal salvation is secure. They deny that there is one eternal salvation. I reject such nonsense.
I dont agree with that either, and also reject that. And I dont understand why you would label me as such, Im certain you haven't seen or read anything like that from posts.

preacher4truth

What say ye, ye blokes?
There are different types of salvation in Scripture. The word primarily means a deliverance. Israel was delivered (saved) in differing ways throughout the OT. Obviously, there was also a salvation "born from above" that came from above in the OT, John 3, that Nicodemus should have known as the teacher of Israel, yet he seemed oblivious to this truth. Abraham would be the father of faith, a faith unto eternal life, being chosen or elected of God for that purpose, Genesis 12-15. Note Romans 4 as well.

In the NT usage salvation (being saved et al) concerns belief in the Gospel and is salvation unto eternal life, being "made alive" implying the former state of the person being spiritual death and under God's wrath; note 1 Timothy 1:16 and Ephesians 2:1ff

SovereignGrace

I dont agree with that either, and also reject that. And I dont understand why you would label me as such, Im certain you haven't seen or read anything like that from posts.
Good. I never labelled you as that. I was just showing you what they teach. Sorry you misread my post.

SovereignGrace

There are different types of salvation in Scripture. The word primarily means a deliverance. Israel was delivered (saved) in differing ways throughout the OT. Obviously, there was also a salvation "born from above" that came from above in the OT, John 3, that Nicodemus should have known as the teacher of Israel, yet he seemed oblivious to this truth. Abraham would be the father of faith, a faith unto eternal life, being chosen or elected of God for that purpose, Genesis 12-15. Note Romans 4 as well.

In the NT usage salvation (being saved et al) concerns belief in the Gospel and is salvation unto eternal life, being "made alive" implying the former state of the person being spiritual death and under God's wrath; note 1 Timothy 1:16 and Ephesians 2:1ff
Agreed! But the PB's teach 'time salvation' as being saved yet making one's faith shipwreck, live like the devil, and still be welcomed in with open arms. I abhor FGT, which is what they teach, even if they do not realize it.

Redeemed

I think we tend to look at salvation in the New Testament as salvation from the eternal consequences of sin. You know that place we don't want to go to. But when you read the Old Testament we find that salvation was usually talking about being delivered from temporal stuff, like war, famine disease and possibly death. That's my take on temporal and eternal salvation in the Bible. I like to keep it simple.:)

Redeemed

To be honest I don't even know who they are.
First time I've heard of them also. But I might have dated ones sister back in the 60's.

Primitive Baptists – also known as Hard Shell Baptists, Foot Washing Baptists or Old School Baptists – are conservative Baptists adhering to a degree of Calvinist beliefs, that coalesced out of the controversy among Baptists in the early 19th century over the appropriateness of mission boards, tract societies, and temperance societies. The adjective "primitive" in the name is used in the sense of "original".
Wikipedia