Are these things twitter wont ban? See video

john james

Some say Amazon and Twitter have a contract together.

Why won't Amazon remove Twitter like they did did Parler?

Michael R2

Some say Amazon and Twitter have a contract together.

Why won't Amazon remove Twitter like they did did Parler?
Twitter recently partnered with AWS to utilize their cloud sharing service. AWS is not providing Twitter with servers as they have their own.

john james

Twitter recently partnered with AWS to utilize their cloud sharing service. AWS is not providing Twitter with servers as they have their own.
Are they removing Twitter from their cloud sharing service? The video seems to display Twitter doing the same thing Amazon accuses Parler of doing.

Michael R2

Are they removing Twitter from their cloud sharing service? The video seems to display Twitter doing the same thing Amazon accuses Parler of doing.
Not that I'm aware of. I have no idea how twitter is using AWS's sharing service, but it most likely does not involve the day to day offering of twitter's content as it did with parler.

Last edited:

Mr Laurier

john james.
I see a pattern here. A pattern of you dancing around a cluster of ideas, and never clearly making a point.
Trying to "lead" people to a conclusion that you refuse to clarify from the outset.
The fact that you refuse to be clear, makes me wonder if you know that your conclusion is wrong, but simply refuse to abandon it.
Maybe you could come out and say what you want to say, instead of trying to lead us to it.

john james

john james.
I see a pattern here. A pattern of you dancing around a cluster of ideas, and never clearly making a point.
Trying to "lead" people to a conclusion that you refuse to clarify from the outset.
The fact that you refuse to be clear, makes me wonder if you know that your conclusion is wrong, but simply refuse to abandon it.
Maybe you could come out and say what you want to say, instead of trying to lead us to it.
Sometimes I ask questions to learn and sometimes to help others learn. I've been in a cult before and I came out of it through self discovery and some other things. It appears that self discovery for many is the best way to get them to receive facts/truth because they will think they found it out and accept it from themselves. Some don't have the evidence to keep them thinking what they think. What they really have is bias and sometimes tribalism. They sometimes don't critically think even though they think they did. They ignore or don't give the same weight to things they don't want to believe and they give more weight to things they do want to believe and focus on them more. They give grace to people they are for when they are wrong and they somewhat condemn people they are against when they are wrong.

The back in forth on here is mostly not going to change anyone's views even if they are wrong. Each side thinks they are right. And if I don't say exactly where I'm coming from I'm assumed to be wrong by some. The tribalism on here and in the world is horrible. Each side doesn't exclusively have all the facts and all the truth but yet sometimes they act like it.

The facts and truth are so close to pseudo facts and truth, that no one can blantly say what's right or wrong to a degree. It seems in the past facts/truth was more clear. And the bias of all by some is only situated by power.
I have decided a long time ago when I used to present evidence that I wasn't playing this game of back in forth and trying to defend and/or promote my tribe. I also decided not to have a tribel. Unless you count the tribe of two that I'm in, which is God and me. I decided that the bias was too great for non face to face situations and it was better to leave that to one on one face to face situations. Sometimes it not about info vs info, it is about desire vs desire. And bias seems to come from that. Some seem more like to dismiss actual evidence when they don't know you with bias and when don't think you care about their desires and needs. So rapport is sometimes needed and others thing to avoid this.

The truth and/or facts is not about power, tribes, my wants or my own bias. However I can see how they may be so hard to come by because it appears some have made it hard to know the truth/facts by inserting assertions and intimidating authoritative sources to change their information so it goes with their agenda. I may not be right and I'm open to it being wrong. The problem with saying anything is some will say that your wrong and reject what a person said because they think your wrong without any consideration they might be wrong. Without any consideration to the point. Without any consideration to what may be right in what is being said.

I'm not trying to be in these back in forth situations. Many times it is not a discussion. It is a argument that many times leads to insults. Someone may ask me why are you on here? To that I would say to learn and help others learn. I don't know much about politics. I'm one of the normal people that started paying attention to the things that was going on and realized I couldn't just do my life as is and also realized that these things going on could eventually effect my family, friends, community and me. It seemed to me a small amount of people were trying to change the country against everyone else's will and using being louder than everyone else to do it. And they also seemed to be using the situation that most normal people don't pay attention or get involved in which is politics. Well that was when I first started , now those people are considered main stream and in the window of what is considered normal to an extent. Before they were considered extreme by some.

Last edited:

Mr Laurier

Sometimes I ask questions to learn and sometimes to help others learn. I've been in a cult before and I came out of it through self discovery and some other things. Some don't have the evidence to keep them thinking what they think. What they really have is bias and sometimes tribalism. They sometimes don't critically think even though they think they did. They ignore or don't give the same weight to things they don't want to believe and they give more weight to things they do want to believe and focus on them more. They give grace to people they are for when they are wrong and they somewhat condemn people they are against when they are wrong.

The back in forth on here is mostly not going to change anyone's views even if they are wrong. Each side thinks they are right. And if I don't say exactly where I'm coming from I'm assumed to be wrong. The tribalism on here and in the world is horrible. Each side doesn't exclusively have all the facts and all the truth but yet sometimes they act like it.

The facts and truth are so close to pseudo facts and truth, that no one can blantly say what's right or wrong to a degree. It seems in the past facts/truth was more clear. And the bias of all by some is only situated by power.
I have decided a long time ago when I used to present evidence that I wasn't playing this game of back in forth and trying to defend and/or promote my tribe. I also decided not to have a tribel. Unless you count the tribe of two that I'm in, which is God and me. I decided that the bias was too great for non face to face situations and it was better to leave that to one on one face to face situations. Sometimes it not about info vs info, it is about desire vs desire. And bias seems to come from that. Some seem more like to dismiss actual evidence when they don't know you with bias and when don't think you care about their desires and needs. So rapport is sometimes needed and others thing to avoid this.

The truth and/or facts is not about power, tribes, my wants or my own bias. However I can see how they may be so hard to come by because it appears some have made it hard to know the truth/facts by inserting assertions and intimidating authoritative sources to change their information so it goes with their agenda. I may not be right and I'm open to it being wrong. The problem with saying anything is some will say that your wrong and reject what a person said because they think your wrong without any consideration they might be wrong. Without any consideration to the point. Without any consideration to what may be right in what is being said.

I'm not trying to be in these back in forth situations. Many times it is not a discussion. It is a argument that many times leads to insults. Someone may ask them why are you on here? To that I would say to learn and help others learn. I don't know much about politics. I'm one of the normal people that started paying attention to the things that was going on and realized I couldn't just do my life as is and also realized that these things going on could eventually effect my family, friends, community and me. It seemed to me a small amount of people were trying to change the country against everyone else's will and using being louder than everyone else to do it. And they also seemed to be using the situation that most normal people don't pay attention or get involved in politics. Well that was when I first started , now those people are considered main stream and in the window of what is considered normal to an extent. Before they were considered extreme by some.
You make no clear position here.

Some simple yes/no questions...
1) Should poor people be allowed to own personal belongings?
2) Should rich people pay taxes?
3) Should everybody receive the same standard of healthcare?

Torin

@john james, CARM isn't actually a great place "to learn," nor is it a great place to "help others learn." This forum is unusually tribal even for an internet forum - there are well established groups among the userbase that have not shifted in many years. The discussion on CARM mostly consists of these established groups shouting at each other. There is also a sizable portion of the userbase that consists of trolls and the mentally ill.

I think a blog would be more productive if you want "to learn and help others learn." Any modern blogging platform should be pretty easy to set up a blog on for free.

Ignatius

john james.
Here is what I want to say, leftists a evil morons. Clear enough?

john james

You make no clear position here.

Some simple yes/no questions...
1) Should poor people be allowed to own personal belongings?
2) Should rich people pay taxes?
3) Should everybody receive the same standard of healthcare?
I would answer those questions if I knew for sure that they are not used to determine which side I'm on. But I will say this.

I think everyone is equal. But things out side of people are not equal. Just because it affects equal people not equally doesnt mean it is wrong or right. As.long as people are treated equally, that's what matters. Somethings will not be equal and that's okay. The opportunity being equal in those things is what matters.

I dont believe in equal outcome.

The set of cards we are born with is what we have to deal with. Sometimes we can get a better hand and sometimes we can't.

I changed my mind. Let's see what happens after I answer these questions. I may be wrong in this case. Let me see.

1. Poor people should be allowed to earn their belongings and own it once they earned it. In some circumstances it may be given to them but most of the time earned.

2. Rich people should pay taxes according to the rules of the tax laws. If the laws benefit them, then great. If it doesn't, then great. The may need to be changed but consideration needs to go into why they are that way. Example: If incentives are given to rich people on taxes so they will hire more poor people then that has to be considered. Everything is not black and white.

3. There is Healthcare and there is the quality of life. I think these two things are confused by some sometimes. I have some health problems. With more money my quality of life with the health problems I have could be better. I don't have that money but I am still able to live, work and have fun sometimes. The situation I see is those that can't afford it still want the quality of life those can afford it have and the perks that come with it like less wait times and etc.

I think the emergency level of health care is a good standard and maybe it could be improved. Anything extra is based upon what some have and some don't. In my area everyone has the emergency level and if they can't afford it, they payout back and some never do but they always have the emergency level.

I found that many that don't have want it to change because they don't have (rich people money) and many that do have want it to change because they are guilty they do have (rich people money). If this is true, maybe it shouldn't change because of either of these. Maybe it should change for the benefit of everyone, not just the side that think it should because they think it should. This is based upon my context being lower middle class as some may say I am. Coming from being poor and relating to that context too.

Whateverman

john james.
I gave this post a thumbs-up, but I also feel JJ deserves a little slack. Yeah, his style of posting is frustratingly non-specific; he often dances around the question he wants to ask. Still, even though I often disagree with what I think he's really asking, I'm almost always satisfied (after having asked him for clarification) that he's being sincere and inquisitive. He really does seem to want to hear what people here think.

Speaking only for myself, this forum is spamming with insincere nonsense and trolling - so I'll happily take whatever sincerity I find here, no matter how frustrating it is.

Mr Laurier

I would answer those questions if I knew for sure that they are not used to determine which side I'm on. But I will say this.

I think everyone is equal. But things out side of people are not equal. Just because it affects equal people not equally doesnt mean it is wrong or right. As.long as people are treated equally, that's what matters. Somethings will not be equal and that's okay. The opportunity being equal in those things is what matters.

I dont believe in equal outcome.

The set of cards we are born with is what we have to deal with. Sometimes we can get a better hand and sometimes we can't.

I changed my mind. Let's see what happens after I answer these questions. I may be wrong in this case. Let me see.

1. Poor people should be allowed to earn their belongings and own it once they earned it. In some circumstances it may be given to them but most of the time earned.

2. Rich people should pay taxes according to the rules of the tax laws. If the laws benefit them, then great. If it doesn't, then great. The may need to be changed but consideration needs to go into why they are that way. Example: If incentives are given to rich people on taxes so they will hire more poor people then that has to be considered. Everything is not black and white.

3. There is Healthcare and there is the quality of life. I think these two things are confused by some sometimes. I have some health problems. With more money my quality of life with the health problems I have could be better. I don't have that money but I am still able to live, work and have fun sometimes. The situation I see is those that can't afford it still want the quality of life those can afford it have and the perks that come with it like less wait times and etc.

I think the emergency level of health care is a good standard and maybe it could be improved. Anything extra is based upon what some have and some don't. In my area everyone has the emergency level and if they can't afford it, they payout back and some never do but they always have the emergency level.

I found that many that don't have want it to change because they don't have (rich people money) and many that do have want it to change because they are guilty they do have (rich people money). If this is true, maybe it shouldn't change because of either of these. Maybe it should change for the benefit of everyone, not just the side that think it should because they think it should. This is based upon my context being lower middle class as some may say I am. Coming from being poor and relating to that context too.
Wow. The sheer dishonesty it takes to resort to this wall of evasions.

john james

@john james, CARM isn't actually a great place "to learn," nor is it a great place to "help others learn." This forum is unusually tribal even for an internet forum - there are well established groups among the userbase that have not shifted in many years. The discussion on CARM mostly consists of these established groups shouting at each other. There is also a sizable portion of the userbase that consists of trolls and the mentally ill.

I think a blog would be more productive if you want "to learn and help others learn." Any modern blogging platform should be pretty easy to set up a blog on for free.
It does seem tribal

wiseones2cents

It does seem tribal
Its all political and religious pundits for the most part. They are not interested in learning anything. Just protecting/supporting their interests. You will not change their minds on anything.lol

But you can learn stuff when debating if you keep an open mind.

Also ive noticed membership is WAY down.

I couldn't agree with you more but isn't this identical to what is going on in the world today? I am astounded that Mika blasted FaceBook and Twitter for not doing ENOUGH to silence conservatives and Brain Stelter and two others suggesting that OAN and Newsmax should be shut down by those who provide TV viewing to the masses.

Each side is at war with one another now....;seriously. it is the worst I have ever seen it. the days of working across party lines is gone. These debate rooms are just a reflection of what we are seeing in the world and I see NO changes on the horizon, For example, I do NOT want our Republican senators to give Biden an inch. Why? because his policies will ruin America. He already wants to just sign an executive order legalizing millions of illegal aliens. That will mean millions of votes right away for Democrats and hopefully the Repubs say NO and file suit.

wiseones2cents

I couldn't agree with you more but isn't this identical to what is going on in the world today? I am astounded that Mika blasted FaceBook and Twitter for not doing ENOUGH to silence conservatives and Brain Stelter and two others suggesting that OAN and Newsmax should be shut down by those who provide TV viewing to the masses.

Each side is at war with one another now....;seriously. it is the worst I have ever seen it. the days of working across party lines is gone. These debate rooms are just a reflection of what we are seeing in the world and I see NO changes on the horizon, For example, I do NOT want our Republican senators to give Biden an inch. Why? because his policies will ruin America. He already wants to just sign an executive order legalizing millions of illegal aliens. That will mean millions of votes right away for Democrats and hopefully the Repubs say NO and file suit.
How do you think the dumacrates built their base? Immigration. Not only for votes but to exploit cheap labour. But do not blame the Immigrant that wanted to come here searching for a better life.

I've been watching that young lady Kaitlyn bennett and the hatred from the left against her clearly indicates the divide is close to the melting point.

Again, it is all by design. Divide and conquer. *I'm sure they have agitators on both sides riling up the masses against each other.