Are we justified by faith when we have faith?

JonHawk

Jesus was telling his Jewish disciple that those Jews who endures to the end of the Tribulation will be delivered (saved).
They will find themselves entering into the 1000 year reign of Christ on earth!

Now go ahead and try to nullify that one, too?
Jesus, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth, freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen. Rev 1
That you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9

JonHawk

They stumble because they refuse to believe in [Christ] the word and are appointed for perdition.1 Peter 2:7-8

Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.” Acts 17

In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1:4-5

That's because their belief gravitates elsewhere:
“Go away Holy One! Have you come to destroy us?" (Luke 4:34)
“What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?” (Matt 8:29)
These passages are a testimony against your belief that Jesus is God...
Whoever believes in the Son of God is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. John 3:18

Newbirth

"Why is my language not clear to you?
Because you are unable to hear what I say.
" John 8:43

"Hearing" .. meant "perceiving and understand correctly."

Like in...

"Yeah, I hear what you are saying."

I can say many things to you to correct your erroneous thinking. But, you will not hear me.

Jesus stated ... "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." Mat 11:15

Faith comes by hearing!

Just having ears to perceive sound does not make one a hearer to God.

"Why is my language not clear to you?
Because you are unable to hear what I say.
" John 8:43

Can you hear me? Or only your own bias that is filled with anger?
I cannot hear you because you do not speak the same words as Jesus... Your words are contrary to his words. Instead of attacking me why don't you defend your position? I posted this... show me how it is biased and filled with anger? Those are Jesus' words... Are you saying Jesus' words are biased and filled with anger?

Believing in Jesus is obeying God's commands and doing everything that Jesus commands...
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Newbirth

You have to work out your salvation. Yes. Its your salvation.

It does not say you have to work out in fear and trembling to have salvation.
I did not say... you have to work out in fear and trembling to have salvation. Did I?
Clearly, you are building strawmen...You are the one claiming not to work...

Newbirth

You could benefit by knowing the following.

Jesus was speaking to Jews about enduring to the end. Not Christians.
God did not call anyone to be christians nor did Jesus call anyone to be a christian... Jesus was building the foundation of his church...The apostles were all Jews...not christians...
Christians did not come into being until the baptism of the Holy Spirit was activated after redemption of the Cross and the ascension and glorification of Jesus Christ. That is when believers became a new creation in Christ.
Nonsense, it was the unbelievers at Antioch that started calling believers christians... believers called themselves saints...learn to understand what you read...All the epistles were written to the saints of God...not one was addressed to christians...
As a rabbi Jesus was teaching Jews what they understood from the Torah. The Jews understood about the Millennial kingdom when the Messiah would rule over them and the entire earth. When Jesus spoke about enduring to the end?
That is rubbish...Jesus was speaking about those who believe in him... read it slowly...
Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
As Jews, he was describing not the church age. What was being described was the Tribulation time on earth just before Christ returns. Matthew 24:5-13 was describing what Jews on earth will face during the Tribulation. As for the Church? She will be raptured and not present on earth at that time.
You are funny...Why would Jesus not be referring to his church? Does Jesus have two brides?
All these are the beginning of sorrows.
For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.
And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not troubled;
for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet. For nation will
rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. And there will be famines,
pestilences, and earthquakes in various places. All these are the beginning of
sorrows.
“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated
by all nations for My name’s sake. And then many will be offended, will betray
one another, and will hate one another. Then many false prophets will rise up
and deceive many. And because lawlessness will abound, the love of many
will grow cold. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

Jesus was telling his Jewish disciple that those Jews who endures to the end of the Tribulation will be delivered (saved).
They will find themselves entering into the 1000 year reign of Christ on earth!

Now go ahead and try to nullify that one, too?

But, others here may get it. And, be edified just the same.

Thanks for being a sounding board so truth can be brought into the light........
This has nothing to do with the subject. It is a rabbit trail. Your claim is that Jesus is not speaking to his church because they are Jews. And that rubbish about the tribulation, please explain how Jews at that time would be alive to endure to the end of a tribulation period that is yet to come?

Newbirth

“The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.”
When you believed in Jesus and entered into regeneration?​
That was a LIVING work! Not a dead work.​

Saved not by works, One work only.

(and, you argue against that?)
It is not written in the scripture is it? No mention of living work in the scripture. Dead works refers to ineffective works... such as animal sacrifices...
We are saved by grace, not works...

GeneZ

I cannot hear you because you do not speak the same words as Jesus... Your words are contrary to his words. Instead of attacking me why don't you defend your position? I posted this... show me how it is biased and filled with anger? Those are Jesus' words... Are you saying Jesus' words are biased and filled with anger?

Believing in Jesus is obeying God's commands and doing everything that Jesus commands...
16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
You are failing to understand the state of being Jesus had to place himself into in order to qualify in your place. As God? He could not substitute for you. That is why Philippians 2:6-8 tells us that he denied Himself to right to all the powers of Deity, and lowered himself to be as a man.

While being as a man? He was not manifested as being God in power... That is why Jesus asked why did he call him good. For Jesus was able to be tempted. That is not good. He had to endure the suffering of overcoming every temptation that came his way.

But, after he succeeded to die in your place? He no longer had to remain as a man in ability.

Now that He has been glorified and returned to His original state of being all the power of God? He would not rebuke you for calling him good.

JonHawk

They stumble because they refuse to believe in [Christ] the word and are appointed for perdition.1 Peter 2:7-8

Truly, these times of ignorance God overlooked, but now commands all men everywhere to repent, 31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.” Acts 17

In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. John 1:4-5

“What do you want with us, Son of God?” they shouted. “Have you come here to torture us before the appointed time?” (Matt 8:29)
Newbirth said:
Whoever believes in the Son of God is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. John 3:18
It is not written in the scripture is it? No mention of living work in the scripture. Dead works refers to ineffective works... such as animal sacrifices...
He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption. Heb 9:12

GeneZ

I used the word "living" as to oppose the idea of being a 'dead' works.

Its quite simple for most of us to understand.

Thank you for letting me explain for those who might have a hard time with that.

Now you know.

Dead works refers to works done in the energy and thinking of the flesh, not the Spirit and truth.

Animal sacrifices became a dead work only after Jesus died on the Cross. Before that took place? It was a required work of God for atonement as it stood at that time.

JonHawk

Newbirth said:
Newbirth said:
He did not enter by means of the blood of goats and calves; but he entered the Most Holy Place once for all by his own blood, thus obtaining eternal redemption. Heb 9:12
Dead works refers to works done in the energy and thinking of the flesh, not the Spirit and truth.
See to it, brothers and sisters, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God. Heb 3:12

For we have come to Mount Zion, to the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem; to thousands upon thousands of angels in joyful assembly, 23 to the church of the firstborn, whose names are written in heaven. You have come to God, the Judge of all, to the spirits of the righteous made perfect, 24 to Jesus the mediator of a new covenant, Heb 12

GeneZ

I cannot hear you because you do not speak the same words as Jesus... Your words are contrary to his words.

Some of my words are only contrary to what you have chosen to believe.

You apparently believe things that are erroneous and presumptuous. We all have at some time. Its nothing to be ashamed of. Being fearful and angry about correction is something to be ashamed of.

For, when any of us do not yet understand something as we should? God does not demand that you form and opinion and stick to it. That is simply non thinking stubbornness.

Some confuse their determined stubbornness for conviction. That comes from the flesh and the emotions, not the Spirit and truth.

My approval from the Lord does not depend upon me correcting you and making you change. Just to let you know.

Those who refuse correction need to be exposed and left to be so others can take heed. My approval depends upon being accurate and letting the chips fall as they may. He will judge us all.

Last edited:

Newbirth

You are failing to understand the state of being Jesus had to place himself into in order to qualify in your place. As God? He could not substitute for you. That is why Philippians 2:6-8 tells us that he denied Himself to right to all the powers of Deity, and lowered himself to be as a man.
How could Jesus be God when his father is God? Do you have two Gods?
John 20:17
Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.
While being as a man? He was not manifested as being God in power... That is why Jesus asked why did he call him good. For Jesus was able to be tempted. That is not good. He had to endure the suffering of overcoming every temptation that came his way.
Then your Jesus is two persons, a God and a Man, which is not taught in scripture...
Jesus said he was good... you are ignorant of the scripture. You are claiming that Jesus was not good when he said he was good...
John 10:11
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
But, after he succeeded to die in your place? He no longer had to remain as a man in ability.
Jesus did not die in my place. we were all dead in sins, were we not? Jesus died so that we could have eternal life.
Now that He has been glorified and returned to His original state of being all the power of God? He would not rebuke you for calling him good.
Jesus said he was good sir, your bible must be missing pages. Jesus did not rebuke anyone for calling him good...He said it himself that he was the good shepherd.
John 10:11
I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
This proves that Jesus is not God. Jesus knew that he could die. God cannot die.

GeneZ

How could Jesus be God when his father is God? Do you have two Gods?
The Father is only one nature. Deity.

The Son is two natures in union. The Deity of Jesus is the same Deity as the Father.

Its the Soul of Jesus that alters how God is expressed.

In the OT Scriptures the Lord God of Israel (who was to make Himself to become Jesus) had even then two natures in union!

Jesus said that God is "spirit." (John 4:23-24) On the other hand? Man is not 'spirit'... man is soul.

In regeneration we receive a human spirit as a means for our soul to be able to perceive spiritual things. Its not a living thinking entity like God who is spirit.

Angels are spirits as men are souls.

Jesus is God and Soul in union. The Father is simply God without a second nature.

Jehovah is Deity Soul is not Deity.

Yet we see in the OT concerning the Lord God of Israel who was destined to become Jesus having both Soul and Deity.

Here are a few examples of what I speak of the Lord God of Israel being two natures in union. Keep in mind. This is the OT Scriptures!

'You will eat the old supply and clear out the old because of the new. Moreover,
I will make My dwelling among you, and my soul will not reject you.'I will also walk
among you and be your God, and you shall be My people." Lev 26:10-12

And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst and to serve Jehovah,
so that his soul became impatient because of the trouble of Israel. Judges 10:16

Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, and anyone loving
violence his soul certainly hates." Ps 11:5​

That is Jehovah having Two natures in union! For God is spirit! God is not soul!

Jesus made it clear that God is not soul in essence. But, spirit in essence!

But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father
in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is spirit, and
those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:23-24​

The unbeliever who has no human spirit. So he can not worship the Father.
God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
grace and peace ........

Newbirth

Some of my words are only contrary to what you have chosen to believe.
That is because I have chosen to believe the scripture
You apparently believe things that are erroneous and presumptuous.
No, I have not, but if that is what you believe, then you must prove it.
We all have at some time. Its nothing to be ashamed of.
Speak for yourself, it is a confession that you believe false doctrine.
Being fearful and angry about correction is something to be ashamed of.
Then you should be ashamed,
For, when any of us do not yet understand something as we should? God does not demand that you form and opinion and stick to it. That is simply non thinking stubbornness.
Like I said before, speak for yourself. Your confession of not understanding something as you should and your non thinking stubbornness are evidence against you.
Some confuse their determined stubbornness for conviction. That comes from the flesh and the emotions, not the Spirit and truth.
It is good that you are confessing your determined, stubbornness.
My approval from the Lord does not depend upon me correcting you and making you change. Just to let you know.
Only you will know if God approves of your determined stubbornness.
Those who refuse correction need to be exposed and left to be so others can take heed.
Indeed, everyone who reads on this forum has see your refusal to accept correction and your admittance to believing things that are erroneous and presumptuous.
My approval depends upon being accurate and letting the chips fall as they may. He will judge us all.
Sure, you accurately admitted to believing things that are erroneous and presumptuous. And to being stubborn about it.

Newbirth

The Father is only one nature. Deity.
Then you admit Jesus is not God
The Son is two natures in union. The Deity of Jesus is the same Deity as the Father.
Then you admit that you have two Deities.
Its the Soul of Jesus that alters how God is expressed.
Then you admit Jesus is a man and not God...
Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
In the OT Scriptures the Lord God of Israel (who was to make Himself to become Jesus) had even then two natures in union!
Where is "God has to make himself Jesus" written in the scripture? You are saying Jesus is his own father.
Jesus said that God is "spirit." (John 4:23-24) On the other hand? Man is not 'spirit'... man is soul.
Therefore, Jesus is not God.
In regeneration we receive a human spirit as a means for our soul to be able to perceive spiritual things.
Please quote that passage from the scripture.
Clearly we do not receive the spirit of man...
1 Corinthians 2:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
Its not a living thinking entity like God who is spirit.
Are you saying that we are given a mindless spirit? Please back your statements with scripture.
Angels are spirits as men are souls.
Angels mean messengers men are also messengers... Your lack of understanding and refusal to accept correction will be your downfall.
Jesus is God and Soul in union.
So are all believers...
Romans 8:9
But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.
The Father is simply God without a second nature.
The father is God, full stop. Therefore Jesus is not God
Jehovah is Deity Soul is not Deity.
Therefore Jesus is not God.
Yet we see in the OT concerning the Lord God of Israel who was destined to become Jesus having both Soul and Deity.

Here are a few examples of what I speak of the Lord God of Israel being two natures in union. Keep in mind. This is the OT Scriptures!

'You will eat the old supply and clear out the old because of the new. Moreover,
I will make My dwelling among you, and my soul will not reject you.'I will also walk
among you and be your God, and you shall be My people." Lev 26:10-12​
And they began to remove the foreign gods from their midst and to serve Jehovah,
so that his soul became impatient because of the trouble of Israel. Judges 10:16​
Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, and anyone loving
violence his soul certainly hates." Ps 11:5​

That is Jehovah having Two natures in union! For God is spirit! God is not soul!
You are funny..."soul" can refer to any living entity...
Jesus made it clear that God is not soul in essence. But, spirit in essence!

But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father
in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is spirit, and
those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth. John 4:23-24​
Jesus made it clear that he was not God...You are trying to force the passage to mean something out of its context.
The unbeliever who has no human spirit. So he can not worship the Father.
God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.”
grace and peace ........
Why are you forcing things into scripture that do not belong there? That is raping the scripture. The scripture does not say what you are claiming.There is no mention of a human spirit, those are two different things. Man is flesh and spirit is immaterial

JonHawk

@GeneZ
.Jesus was building the foundation of his church...The apostles were all Jews...not christians...
The Lord says, “The time is coming when I will visit and I will call into account all those who are circumcised [physically] and yet uncircumcised [spiritually of the heart]—Jeremiah 9:25

For he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and [true] circumcision is of the heart, a spiritual renewal in Christ. His praise is not from men but from God. Rom 2:29
In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ; Col 2:11
...All the epistles were written to the saints of God...not one was addressed to christians...
Christ Our Cornerstone— For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, Eph 2:18-19
Newbirth said:
No mention of living work in the scripture. Dead works refers to ineffective works...
In which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath Ephesians 2
Newbirth said:
Indeed.
God appointed Christ as judge of the living and the dead. Acts 10:42
He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him
John 3:36

Last edited:

GeneZ

That is because I have chosen to believe the scripture

No, I have not, but if that is what you believe, then you must prove it.

Speak for yourself, it is a confession that you believe false doctrine.

Then you should be ashamed,

Like I said before, speak for yourself. Your confession of not understanding something as you should and your non thinking stubbornness are evidence against you.

It is good that you are confessing your determined, stubbornness.

Only you will know if God approves of your determined stubbornness.

Indeed, everyone who reads on this forum has see your refusal to accept correction and your admittance to believing things that are erroneous and presumptuous.

Sure, you accurately admitted to believing things that are erroneous and presumptuous. And to being stubborn about it.
I gave you plenty of Scripture in post 613. All you do? You call me an idiot. Yet, you can not address one passage I gave.

You did quote just one I gave, but did not adrresss it, but threw in your own bias about another matter.

Go away... I put such as yourself on Ignore.

JonHawk

Newbirth said:
@GeneZ
.Jesus was building the foundation of his church...The apostles were all Jews...not christians...
The Lord says, “The time is coming when I will visit and I will call into account all those who are circumcised [physically] and yet uncircumcised [spiritually of the heart]—Jeremiah 9:25

For he is a Jew who is one inwardly, and [true] circumcision is of the heart, a spiritual renewal in Christ. His praise is not from men but from God. Rom 2:29
In Him you were also circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ; Col 2:11
Newbirth said:
...All the epistles were written to the saints of God...not one was addressed to christians...
Christ Our Cornerstone— For through Him we both have access by one Spirit to the Father. Now, therefore, you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, Eph 2:18-19
Newbirth said:
No mention of living work in the scripture. Dead works refers to ineffective works...
In which you once walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit who now works in the sons of disobedience, 3 among whom also we all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath Ephesians 2
Newbirth said:
Indeed.
He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him
. John 3:36
@Newbirth
I gave you plenty of Scripture in post 613. All you do? You call me an idiot. Yet, you can not address one passage I gave.
You did quote just one I gave, but did not adrresss it, but threw in your own bias about another matter.
According to a Hebrew story, Abraham was sitting outside his tent one evening when he saw an old man
by the name of Fajr - Arabic for dawn or new beginning, who was weary from journey, coming toward him.
Abraham rushed out, greeted him, and then invited him and offered him food and drink.
Fajr began eating without saying thanks. So Abraham asked him, “Don’t you worship God?”
Fajr replied, “I worship fire only and reverence no other god.”
Abraham became incensed, grabbed Fajr by the shoulders, and threw him out.
When Fajr had departed, God called to his friend Abraham and asked where the stranger was.
Abraham replied, “I threw him out because he was an illegitimate bastard.”

Don't even eat with such people. 1 Cor 11-13

JonHawk

Newbirth said:
@GeneZ

Newbirth said:
Newbirth said:
Newbirth said:
Indeed.
GeneZ said:
@Newbirth
According to a Hebrew story, Abraham was sitting outside his tent one evening when he saw an old man
by the name of Fajr - Arabic for dawn or new beginning, who was weary from journey, coming toward him.
Abraham rushed out, greeted him, and then invited him in and offered him food and drink.
Fajr began eating without saying thanks. So Abraham asked him, “Don’t you worship God?”
When Fajr had departed, God called to his friend Abraham and asked where the stranger was.

Don't even eat with such people. *1 Cor 5:11

GeneZ

Indeed.

Abraham rushed out, greeted him, and then invited him and offered him food and drink.

Don't even eat with such people. 1 Cor 11-13

Being a Jew from birth... I never heard of such a story. Sounds like folklore.

But this I found it online on several times with slight variations... A bit different than your pick.

“According to a traditional Hebrew story, Abraham was sitting outside his tent one evening when he saw an old man, weary from age and journey, coming toward him. Abraham rushed out, greeted him, and then invited him into his tent. There he washed the old man’s feet and gave him food and drink.

The old man immediately began eating without saying any prayer or blessing. So Abraham asked him, “Don’t you worship God?”

The old traveler replied, “I worship fire only and reverence no other god.”
When he heard this, Abraham became incensed, grabbed the old man by the shoulders, and threw him out his tent into the cold night air.

After the old man was gone, God called to his friend Abraham and asked where the stranger was. Abraham replied, “I forced him out because he did not worship You.”

God answered, “I have suffered him these eighty years although he dishonours me. Could you not endure him one night?””

Last edited: