Are we justified by faith when we have faith?

Bob Carabbio

Oh and what would this "substance" and "evidence" of Biblical faith look like?
SImple - you tell me what you believe, and I wouldn't DARE to "put my weight on it" - because it has no "substance" that I can trust. however when GOD tells me something (His WORD TO ME Rom 10:17), then I can commit to that, because it's absolutely SOLID.

Our Lord's God

SImple - you tell me what you believe, and I wouldn't DARE to "put my weight on it" - because it has no "substance" that I can trust. however when GOD tells me something (His WORD TO ME Rom 10:17), then I can commit to that, because it's absolutely SOLID.

That's still mental assent.

Even the demons know how to do that.

GeneZ

That's still mental assent.

Even the demons know how to do that.
And, religious people as well.

When its spiritual what you acknowledge is that God has "embedded" the truth within you. The truth has a life of its own. It becomes like a guard dog who also acts as a huge guide dog.

Last edited:

Bob Carabbio

That's like saying, "it's a circle not a round thing."

In Scripture, the verb "believe" is just the verb form of the noun "faith."
Often that's true. Consider Peter at the temple gate. He says SUCH AS I HAVE GIVE I THEE. Peter KNEW that when he told (IN FAITH) the cripple to get up and walk, that it was going to happen. You'd BETTER know what's going to happen if you pick up a cripple!!

He KNEW that he had the authority of Jesus ("in Jesus' name" means that) to command a miracle, and simply watch it happen.

What we see in Full-Gospel churches, on the other hand, are Ministers Praying for folks to get healed, AND HAVING NO IDEA AT ALL what's going to happen (Generally nothing). We "Believe" (Have mental assent) that God heals, but we generally have NO IDEA AT ALL whether He will or not. Occasionally we're pleasantly surprised. Generally we're not.

Faith is Truth breathing in our soul.

Mental assent is bringing a lunch box with faith in it, that one never eats from.
Chuckle - that's one way of looking at it.

Last edited: