Are YOU ashamed of Jesus and his words?

Gary Mac

Another question: are you among the "religious folk" you mention, or are you different?
Love is not a religion, God is a Spirit and that Spirit is Love and either one has His same disposition that is Love or one doesnt.

As far as me being like all these different belief systems, all I can do is compare what they believe with what Jesus said you will be IF. And all I can of of myself is compare my ;life with the standards Jesus set for us to be like him in the Father. If there is anything different in me from him then I have turned to religious beliefs instead of the manifestation of the God Jesus presented that we should be like Him as he was like Him by His same Spirit, mind, be my own.

You ask me question now may I ask you a question. DO you follow Jesus Are you as Jesus was in the Father or are you of one of these beliefs system regulated by law?

Gary Mac

Another question: are you among the "religious folk" you mention, or are you different?
I walk among them but am not of them. God is Love not a religion but is ones state of being who has His Spirit of Holy Love . Love is not a belief as in religions, Love is God manifest in the beholder of. And either you are like Him and in His same image that of Love or you are not.

travelah

In my experience, most Christians don't know the half of the words spoken by Jesus while He preached His gospel. NONE have taken the time to understand those words in and of themselves: To understand the underlying concepts. To understand the overarching themes. Christianity does not have those words as its foundation.
Help me understand. No Christians understand these things but you and those who think as you? Here is a simple question; are you what most would consider an adherent of 'sinless perfectionism'?

It's hard to pin that down for many because they tend to begin casting judgment and speaking in riddles.

Algernon

No, my question is relevant. Do you walk as He walked? Just answer the question.
If you believe it's relevant, then by all means explain your reasoning. While you're at it, explain where my reasoning, as to why it's not relevant, is logically fallacious .

I know you didn't say that.

Let's see. You posted the following:
The reason I ask is that this seems to me to be a "I'm better than 'those' because I am like Jesus" posts.

To be specific, you seem to say that you're sinless now.

Now you're trying to claim that you knew that I didn't say it? If that were the case, then you would not have posted it at all.

You're not saying much at all, actually.
Actually I've said quite a bit, but instead of actually addressing what I've written, you seem to be inclined to address the straw men you create.
Here's my paraphrase of your stance, from what I know. Please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll try again:

To be saved, Jesus says that we must walk as He walked. If we don't, then we're not saved. In order to have eternal life, we must life perfectly--as Jesus did.

Matthew 5
20“For I say to you that unless your righteousness far surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.
48 Therefore you shall be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

John 8
34Jesus answered them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin."
31 ...If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine; 32and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”
36So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed. "
35The slave does not remain in the house forever; the son does remain forever.
51Truly, truly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My word he will never see death.”

Redeemed

Help me understand. No Christians understand these things but you and those who think as you? Here is a simple question; are you what most would consider an adherent of 'sinless perfectionism'?

It's hard to pin that down for many because they tend to begin casting judgment and speaking in riddles.
When they start chanting and quoting scriptures backwards... That's when I exit, stage left!:eek:

Algernon

1) How do you determine that? Do you make that evaluation based on whether they agree with YOUR opinion of what Jesus taught?

2) Do you allow that people can "make an honest attempt at allowing the words Jesus spoke ... to speak for themselves", yet come to a different conclusion than you, or do you demand that they agree with you in order to "make an honest attempt"?
My response meant for you is in post #20. Evidently I failed to quote your post there. My apologies.

travelah

If you want to understand, then it'll probably be helpful for you to read through all my posts on this thread. There aren't that many.

I advocate for the gospel peached by Jesus.
It looks like you are doing just as I predicted... obfuscating and not answering the inquiry.

Algernon

It looks like you are doing just as I predicted... obfuscating and not answering the inquiry.

There are those who are actually interested in having a reasoned discussion and then there are those who are only interested in taking cheap shots.

If you were interested in having a reasoned discussion, then you'd have no problem with taking the time to read the posts I've made on this thread in an effort to understand what I've been writing. Unfortunately it seems that you're only interested in taking cheap shots.

travelah

There are those who are actually interested in having a reasoned discussion and then there are those who are only interested in taking cheap shots.

If you were interested in having a reasoned discussion, then you'd have no problem with taking the time to read the posts I've made on this thread in an effort to understand what I've been writing. Unfortunately it seems that you're only interested in taking cheap shots.
It wasn't a cheap shot. I asked something that would define your theology much more clearly and you refuse to answer.

Algernon

It wasn't a cheap shot. I asked something that would define your theology much more clearly and you refuse to answer.

If you really wanted to understand my theology, then you'd have had no problem with taking the time to read the posts I've made on this thread in an effort to understand what I've been writing.

Woody50

If you believe it's relevant, then by all means explain your reasoning. While you're at it, explain where my reasoning, as to why it's not relevant, is logically fallacious
And you still didn't answer my question.

Let's see. You posted the following:

Now you're trying to claim that you knew that I didn't say it? If that were the case, then you would not have posted it at all.

Wait. What?

Actually I've said quite a bit, but instead of actually addressing what I've written, you seem to be inclined to address the straw men you create.

Agreed. You've said so much and so little.

I've addressed it, you just don't answer. Let's go back to my initial question--which you have yet to answer. Scroll up, dude.

Algernon

And you still didn't answer my question.

Wait. What?

Agreed. You've said so much and so little.

I've addressed it, you just don't answer. Let's go back to my initial question--which you have yet to answer. Scroll up, dude.
Listen. I explained my reasoning as to why your question is irrelevant.

I even invited you to explain yours when I posted the following earlier:
If you believe it's relevant, then by all means explain your reasoning. While you're at it, explain where my reasoning, as to why it's not relevant, is logically fallacious.

Evidently you are either lack the wherewithal or are unwilling to do so. It's looking more and more like it's the former.

Algernon

And you STILL don't answer.

You're funny, dude.

If you believe it's relevant, then by all means explain your reasoning. While you're at it, explain where my reasoning, as to why it's not relevant, is logically fallacious.

Evidently you are either lack the wherewithal or are unwilling to do so. It's looking more and more AND MORE like it's the former.

travelah

Evidently you are either lack the wherewithal or are unwilling to do so. It's looking more and more like it's the former.
Sinless perfectionism or not? That requires only a one word answer. Otherwise you are just another internet deceiver not worth interacting with.

travelah

Was the documentation of your cheap shots too subtle?

Thus far you've shown no interest in having a reasoned discussion. Doesn't look like you ever will.
You failed and as with most sinless perfectionism advocates, you obfuscate again. That is the mark of deception, not a 'sinless saint' :)

Algernon

Sinless perfectionism or not? That requires only a one word answer. Otherwise you are just another internet deceiver not worth interacting with.
Here's something for you to mull over:
Those whose foundation is solid are able to make a well-reasoned case for their position. They'll gladly do so. Their position is built on truth.

Those whose foundation is of sand are not able to make a well-reasoned case for their position. They'll disingenuously avoid doing so. Their position is not built on truth.

You will know them by their fruit.