Are YOU ashamed of Jesus and his words?

travelah

Here's something for you to mull over:
Those whose foundation is solid are able to make a well-reasoned case for their position. They'll gladly do so. Their position is built on truth.

Those whose foundation is of sand are not able to make a well-reasoned case for their position. They'll disingenuously avoid doing so. Their position is not built on truth.

You will know them by their fruit.
No, you are running from a simple answer and everybody here knows why. It is what you sinless perfection folks do. It isn't my position that is in question; it is yours.

Algernon

No, you are running from a simple answer and everybody here knows why. It is what you sinless perfection folks do. It isn't my position that is in question; it is yours.
You seem to have lost context once again.

My response was in response to your response to @Woody50. See post #37.

How can you craft a well-reasoned response if you are unable to keep things in context? How can you craft a well-reasoned response if you continue to operate in such a simplistic manner? If you continue to do so, you'll be nothing more than a simpleton unable to participate in reasoned discussion.

Woody50

You seem to have lost context once again.

My response was in response to your response to @Woody50. See post #37.

How can you craft a well-reasoned response if you are unable to keep things in context? How can you craft a well-reasoned response if you continue to operate in such a simplistic manner? If you continue to do so, you'll be nothing more than a simpleton unable to participate in reasoned discussion.
Alge.

Are you afraid of answering questions?

You've been asked many.

Algernon

Yes. We know you by yours, Alge.
Those whose foundation is solid are able to make a well-reasoned case for their position. They'll gladly do so. Their position is built on truth.

Those whose foundation is of sand are not able to make a well-reasoned case for their position. They'll disingenuously avoid doing so. Their position is not built on truth.

We know you by yours.

Anytime that you are willing and able to engage in reasoned discussion instead of mindlessly insisting that your irrelevant questions be answered, let me know.

I've been more than patient with you. TTFN.

Woody50

We know you by yours.

Anytime that you are willing and able to engage in reasoned discussion instead of mindlessly insisting that your irrelevant questions be answered, let me know.

I've been more than patient with you. TTFN.
And I think we're all done with you. Answer a question, please.

You won't, because you're a coward. You're a hilarious coward, though.

Gary Mac

Yes. We know you by yours, Alge.
Perhaps truth is a matter of beliefs from opinion instead of setting ones own life by the standards of Jesus and his truths? To some Jesus fruit was a threat to their truths and had him crucified for displaying his truths and saying they should have the same as he had from the Father.

Woody50

Perhaps truth is a matter of beliefs from opinion instead of setting ones own life by the standards of Jesus and his truths? To some Jesus fruit was a threat to their truths and had him crucified for displaying his truths and saying they should have the same as he had from the Father.
Perhaps? Or perhaps not. Are you just saying stuff or do you have a source from which you speak your "perhaps?"

Bonnie

34 And he called the crowd with His disciples, and said to them, “If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. 35 For whoever wishes to save his soul will lose it, but whoever loses his soul for my sake and the Gospel will save it. 36 For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world, and forfeit his soul? 37 For what will a man give in exchange for his soul? 38 For whoever is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.” Mark 8:34-38

Are YOU ashamed of Jesus' words? Let's have a look and see....

Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect. Matthew 5:48

Do you believe Jesus or deny him?

For the gate is narrow and the way is difficult that leads to life, and there are few who find it. Matthew 7:14

And a lawyer stood up and put Him to the test, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?” And He said to him, “What is written in the Law? How does it read to you?” And he answered, “You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself.” And He said to him, “You have answered correctly. Do this and you will live.” Luke 10

Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the Kingdom of Heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 7:21.

He who has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me.
John 14:21

Do not marvel at this; for an hour is coming, in which all who are in the tombs will hear His voice, and will come forth - those who did the good to a resurrection of life, those who did evil to a resurrection of judgment. John 5:28-29

For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds.

If anyone comes to me, and does not hate his own father and mother and wife and children and brothers and sisters, yes, and even his own life, he cannot be my disciple. Whoever does not carry his own cross and come after me cannot be my disciple..... 33 none of you can be my disciple who does forsake all that he has. Luke 14:26-33

He who loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me and he who loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of be. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after me is not worthy of me. Matthew 10:37-38

Do you believe him or deny him?

Are you ashamed of Jesus and his words?

Or do you agree with everything he said?

For whoever is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when he comes in the glory of his Father with the holy angels
.” Mark 8:38
No. Yes, I believe them. I also believe Jesus when He said "For God so loved the world, that He gave His One and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life."

And

"Jesus said unto her, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace." (Luke 7:50)

Gary Mac

Perhaps? Or perhaps not. Are you just saying stuff or do you have a source from which you speak your "perhaps?"
Well it is pretty obvious to me that the testimonies and works Jesus did was an offence to the religious folk, the ones who had him crucified for blaspheme. It isnt just saying stuff, you can tread it,.

Our Lord's God

No. Yes, I believe them.

No, you don't. You just give lip service.

I also believe Jesus when He said "For God so loved the world, that He gave His One and only Son, that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life."

Oh and what does believing in him entail? Agreeing with something said about Jesus? Hmmm?

And

"Jesus said unto her, "Your faith has saved you; go in peace." (Luke 7:50)

To believe in Jesus means you surrender your life over to him so that he does what he wants with it for the rest of your life. Otherwise, you have not entrusted your life to Christ have you?

Let's see if you really believe in Jesus. Here is what Jesus taught his own Apostles:

“If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? FOR the son of man is going to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds." Matthew 16:24-27

Do you believe him?

Last edited:

Woody50

Some how I cant picture Jesus saying -- And I think we're all done with you. Answer a question, please. You won't, because you're a coward. You're a hilarious coward, though.
Somehow you can't picture? Okay. So we're being arbitrary now? I can't picture a lot of things. I can also picture a lot of things...ew.

Forgive me if I offended you by not answering a question. Can you ask one?

Thanks for the compliment, though.

Gary Mac

Somehow you can't picture? Okay. So we're being arbitrary now? I can't picture a lot of things. I can also picture a lot of things...ew.
If you can relate to this comment that Jesus would say as in -- "And I think we're all done with you. Answer a question, please. You won't, because you're a coward. You're a hilarious coward, though". Then you have a pretty dim outlook of that man.
Forgive me if I offended you by not answering a question. Can you ask one?
Offend me? That is a very difficult task for one to accomplish. I did prison ministry for over 25 years and have been called, accused of, assaulted, urinated on, you name it, and you think you can offend me by your disposition and doctrines?
Thanks for the compliment, though.
Your welcome' for whatever that compliment was?

Bonnie

No, you don't. You just give lip service.
How would you know? You do not know my heart. Jesus does.

Oh and what does believing in him entail? Agreeing with something said about Jesus? Hmmm?

Trusting in Him only for my salvation, great and free. But by WHAT did Jesus say we would have eternal life?

To believe in Jesus means you surrender your life over to him so that he does what he wants with it for the rest of your life. Otherwise, you have not entrusted your life to Christ have you?[/ quote] I have done that via the i dwelling HS. He has made a new creation out of me.

Let's see if you really believe in Jesus. Here is what Jesus taught his own Apostles:

“If anyone wishes to come after me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul? FOR the son of man is going to come in the glory of his Father with his angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds." Matthew 16:24-27

Do you believe him?
SURE--i just do not believe in your misinterpretation of what Jesus says.