Are YOU ashamed of Jesus and his words?

Woody50

Offend me? That is a very difficult task for one to accomplish. I did prison ministry for over 25 years and have been called, accused of, assaulted, urinated on, you name it, and you think you can offend me by your disposition and doctrines?
I asked you to forgive me. Do you?

Woody50

Absolutely, That comes as an autunitic for all who are of Christ, it is our nature to do so. We have received grace for grace and what a novel idea that is to have it.
Whaaat?

No idea what an autunitic is.

Let's talk about our nature. What is our nature, and what is it in said nature to "do," as you say?

Gary Mac

Whaaat?

No idea what an autunitic is.

That was a typo supposed to say automatic sorry about the confusion
But now that autunitic is brought up it means of undisputed origin; genuine. the letter is now accepted as an authentic document 

The bible is not a historical document, it is a religious document.
Let's talk about our nature. What is our nature, and what is it in said nature to "do," as you say?
The nature of God is Love, Holy Love or Holy Spirit as it is referd to in the bible. Either you have His nature or you dont. it is that simple. God is a Spirit and that Spirit is Love and man is the temple of, the beholder of His Spirit.

Last edited:

Woody50

But now that autunitic is brought up it means of undisputed origin; genuine. the letter is now accepted as an authentic document 
OH!!! You meant AUTHENTIC!!! Why didn't you say so?

The nature of God is Love, Holy Love or Holy Spirit as it is referd to in the bible. Either you have His nature or you dont. it is that simple. God is a Spirit and that Spirit is Love and man is the temple of, the beholder of His Spirit.
So, you're saying that God is love, the Holy Spirit is Love, some have the Spirit or don't, and man is the temple of the Spirit?

Gary Mac

OH!!! You meant AUTHENTIC!!! Why didn't you say so?

So, you're saying that God is love, the Holy Spirit is Love, some have the Spirit or don't, and man is the temple of the Spirit?
Exactly, God is not about what He can do for us, but what He can do in us. Love is not emotional attachment but Love can spawn emotional attachment. Love is not about effort to love your neighbor no matter who he may or may not be, it is about actually loving them as Jesus loved those who hated him. Forgive them they no now what they do.

I was in prison ministry for over 25 years and I learned a very important lesson about Love. I didnt go because God said go, I didnt go because some church or man said we should. I saw a need in the lives of disturbed minds that perhaps I can help them get their off of their own personal desires and selfish needs and actions and give themselves over to another in need instead of using others to further their own agendas. I was spit on, urinated on, caused call every foul name one can conjure, threatened to kill me You name it. But my love for them didnt detour me, sure I had disappointments but my love for them didnt change. And every once in a while one in distress would come along and actually got the message to change thier thinking from a perverted mind to one of Love. .

Im older now and retired from prison work but I still hear from some inmates who got their lives together and even started their own churches and ministries. And most of them who did go right back into prisons as a minister to try and help those in need. In that I am a happy man. But sadly the last year I went into prisons the return rate to prison in Texas was about 87% Cant help them all but wish I could.

That is what the love of God is, it is about having the Love of God as your own disposition. In that one can do things he normally wouldn't do.