Are you from God?

John t

Jesus is God. Why are you heretics allowed on here?
FYI the people posting here such balderdash are JWs or Oneness types. As such, they seek to sow spiritual confusion.

Since this is the "Apologetics" forum, they are permitted to spread their multiple heresies here. Should you choose to engage them, the solution is not to report them, but to show them where they err.

For example , the poster with the username "Our Lord's God" is demonstrating his belief in Sabellianism (or modalism). That belief denies the Trinity because it claims that Jesus appeared at different times as different Persons of the Trinity, and it totally ignores the Hypostatic unity of Jesus Christ

Thus, should you choose to respond, do a web search of "Hypostatic Unity" and "Sabellianism" which was condemned in the 100s by a pope. To paraphrase Matt, "Apologetics requires heavy lifting".

Unfortunately, not too many are up to that task.

CrowCross

While I understand that everyone believes that the doctrine in which they believe is correct and that doctrine that opposes their own is incorrect, thinking along the lines that it's because they "don't have the ability to understand those verses" because they "are not saved" is hopelessly logically flawed.

Think about this: What if the person with the opposing doctrine also thinks along those lines? Obviously at least one of them has incorrect doctrine, yet both would feel completely secure in their own doctrine. At least one of them would be wrong to do so. Do you see the flaw in the logic there?
Anyone teaching Jesus isn't God...is wrong.

Algernon

I've changed doctrine over the years. Some doctrine has nothing to do with salvation.
Okay. Since you continue to refuse to answer, I'll it that you do not SEE the flaw in the logic I pointed out in my previous post.

Be that as it may, it seems that in your mind believing that Jesus in not God is a requirement for salvation. Do I understand you correctly? What do you believe are the other requirements?

CrowCross

Okay. Since you continue to refuse to answer, I'll it that you do not SEE the flaw in the logic I pointed out in my previous post.

Be that as it may, it seems that in your mind believing that Jesus in not God is a requirement for salvation. Do I understand you correctly? What do you believe are the other requirements?
I'm not quite sure what the issue is...

Algernon

I'm not quite sure what the issue is...
Sorry the second paragraph in my previous post should have read:
"Be that as it may, it seems that in your mind believing that Jesus IS God is a requirement for salvation. Do I understand you correctly? What do you believe are the other requirements?

I really mucked that up.

Gary Mac

FYI the people posting here such balderdash are JWs or Oneness types. As such, they seek to sow spiritual confusion.

Since this is the "Apologetics" forum, they are permitted to spread their multiple heresies here. Should you choose to engage them, the solution is not to report them, but to show them where they err.

For example , the poster with the username "Our Lord's God" is demonstrating his belief in Sabellianism (or modalism). That belief denies the Trinity because it claims that Jesus appeared at different times as different Persons of the Trinity, and it totally ignores the Hypostatic unity of Jesus Christ

Thus, should you choose to respond, do a web search of "Hypostatic Unity" and "Sabellianism" which was condemned in the 100s by a pope. To paraphrase Matt, "Apologetics requires heavy lifting".

Unfortunately, not too many are up to th
Oneness as in Jesus was one in the Father with He in him and he in the Father as one and prayed to his God for you to be one in Him as well in John 17?

e v e

No, only his God is God. Your three person God was manufactured by men and is not the God of Jesus.

But there is only one God. So men either choose to serve YOUR God or Jesus Christ's God. Which one do you think they should choose?
you dont understand.

Gary Mac

Only by twisting Scripture like a pretzel can one come up with that non-Bible based heresy
I see, so the bible is twisted when it calls Jesus the son of God? It is twisted when it says God came to that man by His Spirit and opened all of His heaven to that man? And it is twisted when it says Jesus prayed to his God for you to be like Him in John 17 in a very long prayer to God. And it is twisted when Jesus called his God Father of him? Twisted that Jesus said he could do nothing without his Father who sent him to show you His way, His truth, and His life to live yourself? And he twisted the fact that the kingdom of God doesnt come with observation but is within you? And he twisted his account to be ye therefore perfect even as your Father in heaven is perfect as he was [perfect in the Father and commanded that ye be as well?

Gosh all this time Jesus has been twisting the word. That is just incredible that he would lie and do that isnt it?