Arminians/non Calvinists... How sure are you that Calvinsm is false?

eternomade

How sure are you that Calvinism is false? I mean as a whole, all 5 points.

If you asked me about Arminianism, I would say I'm 100% sure that Arminianism is not true. How about you?

PeanutGallery

I've been here a few years still waiting for scripture that states Jesus did not die for the sins of Judas Iscariot.

G

guest1

If you asked me about Arminianism, I would say I'm 100% sure that Arminianism is not true. How about you?
Even though I believe the 5 points are true I cannot say I’m 100% convinced Arminianism is false.

Now for comparison I can say with 100% confidence that what seth believes is 100% false.

Arminians and Calvinists both hold to the essentials of the Christian Faith.

TibiasDad

I would say that the conclusions of the Calvinistic TULIP soteriological model are 100% wrong. I do not believe that this is a heretical stance, nor outside the pale of orthodoxy, nor that those who hold it are not Christian.

Doug

Carbon

I've been here a few years still waiting for scripture that states Jesus did not die for the sins of Judas Iscariot.
Oh my goodness. If that’s what your waiting for here on CARM your going to be a life long member.

Did you find the scripture that states Jesus died for PG’s (whatever your name is) sins? Or one that states He didn’t?

But Judas was mentioned. Remember? As the son of perdition.

T

TomFL

Totally

Calvinism contradicts scripture

and anything that contradicts scripture is an error

Last edited by a moderator:

PeanutGallery

Did you find the scripture that states Jesus died for PG’s (whatever your name is) sins?
I'll settle for Jesus died for the sheep, the church, Paul, world, all, except for ...

But Judas was mentioned. Remember? As the son of perdition.
He was also called 'friend'; does not state anywhere that Jesus takes away the sin of the world, except for Judas.

Reformedguy

I'll settle for Jesus died for the sheep, the church, Paul, world, all, except for ...

He was also called 'friend'; does not state anywhere that Jesus takes away the sin of the world, except for Judas.
So because he was called friend means what exactly other than he was a friend?