Army's First Openly Transgender Officer Indicted For Spying For Russia

Gondwanaland

Oh, dear. I remember when he-she was being touted as a role model and a victory for 'transgender rights' a while back.

The U.S. Army’s first transgender officer and his wife, a Maryland doctor, were indicted on conspiracy charges Wednesday for allegedly attempting to transfer confidential military medical information to Russia.

The eight-count indictment was unsealed Thursday upon the arrest of the defendants, Major Jamie Lee Henry and anesthesiologist Anna Gabrielian, according to a Department of Justice press release. The Army granted Henry’s request to officially change his name in accordance with his gender preference in 2015. Prior to Henry’s case, identifying as a sex different than the one on one’s birth certificate made a soldier unfit for military service, warranting discharge.

Gabrielian worked at the Johns Hopkins school of medicine, referred to as “Medical Institution 1” in the indictment, located in Baltimore, Md. Henry, who is also a doctor, worked as a staff internist stationed at Fort Bragg, where the headquarters of the United States Army Special Operations Command and the Womack Army Medical Center are based.

The pair are accused of stealing patient health files from Johns Hopkins and Fort Bragg and giving them to an individual they believed to be working for the Russian government. They aimed to show that they could access classified information and readily provide it to Moscow to demonstrate their allegiance, according to the indictment.

However, the individual to whom they hoped to deliver the information was an undercover FBI agent. At a covert August 17 meeting, Gabrielian told the agent that she was devoted to helping Russia’s cause even if it cost her her job or landed her in prison. She arranged a subsequent meeting with Henry and the agent, still believing him to be affiliated with the Kremlin.

That evening, in the agent’s hotel room, Henry expressed that he was committed to supporting Russia and had considered enlisting in the Russian army after the invasion of Ukraine. However, he told the agent he was disqualified because he didn’t have any “combat experience.”

“The way I am viewing what is going on in Ukraine now, is that the United States is using Ukrainians as a proxy for their own hatred toward Russia,” Henry reportedly told the agent.

Henry and Gabrielian then allegedly volunteered to retrieve private medical records from the United States Army and Johns Hopkins in order to assist the Russian government.

If convicted, the two could face up to five years in federal prison for the conspiracy charge, and a maximum of ten years in federal prison for each count of publishing secret military medical records.

Well these people belong in prison, but not sure how it is relevant that one is transgender.
Thanks for bringing it up. The underlying issue of trans genders which makes it difficult to help them is dishonesty. They are NOT honest with what they are. Not honest with themselves.

In this case also not honest with others. As soon as he-she has served time, he-she can get a job with WAPO.

Reactions: BMS
Well these people belong in prison, but not sure how it is relevant that one is transgender.
Well its relevant because the person was lauded as a role model, not for his competency but for the imaginary gender identity. So its a gender identity issue. How did you possibly miss that logic is the OP?

Last edited:
Maybe spies are pretending to be transgender and using it as a means of intimidation… to infiltrate.

Maybe those who propped him up knew he was a spy.

Maybe they helped to install the spy in that position BY propping him up… knowing they could use the transgender / discrimination card as a means of intimidation.

Who was propping this guy up? They should also be investigated.

And the “wife?” I mean really… why would any woman stay with their husband after “coming out” as wanting to be woman and running with gay guys in the pride parades looking like this:

Last edited:
It is relevant because the left was fawning all over he-she-it a few years ago, gushing over what an example they were and what a groundbreaker they were for "Trans Rights", etc..
Are you saying that all members of any group have to be morally upstanding or that group is tainted?

Why is it a disconnect to support the civil rights of a particular segment of society while noting that particular members of that group are scumbags?

I often get negative responses here when I criticize a woman; those posters insist I can't therefore be a feminist, as though being a feminist means supporting any and all women, no matter what they do. Nonsense.

Well its relevant because the person was lauded as a role model, not for his competency but for the imaginary gender identity. So its a gender identity issue. How did you possibly miss that logic is the OP?
Well, I missed where this particular person was lauded as a role model.
In any case, role models hold that position only as long as they deserve it.

Are you saying that all members of any group have to be morally upstanding or that group is tainted?

Why is it a disconnect to support the civil rights of a particular segment of society while noting that particular members of that group are scumbags?

I often get negative responses here when I criticize a woman; those posters insist I can't therefore be a feminist, as though being a feminist means supporting any and all women, no matter what they do. Nonsense.
I'm saying that you should probably choose your heroes better instead of just holding them up and fawning all over them because they check off the boxes of being in the group.

Such irony.

I'm saying that you should probably choose your heroes better instead of just holding them up and fawning all over them because they check off the boxes of being in the group.
Where did I identify this person as a hero?

In any case, don't you think it takes guts to identify yourself as a member of a vilified group? That does not mean the person is a hero.

There are plenty of celebrities with huge fan clubs who are nasty people in person.

Wow. There's really nothing up in that noggin is there.
In any case, don't you think it takes guts to identify yourself as a member of a vilified group? That does not mean the person is a hero.

There are plenty of celebrities with huge fan clubs who are nasty people in person.
No, I don't think it does. And yes, the left was parading hesheit around as some sort of role model and groundbreaker.

In any case, don't you think it takes guts to identify yourself as a member of a vilified group?
Your Soros didn't identify as a Jew.

That does not mean the person is a hero.
What do you mean by "hero"?
Hillary
Avenati another ultra left celebrity

Oh, dear. I remember when he-she was being touted as a role model and a victory for 'transgender rights' a while back.
We should probably extrapolate from this that all transgender people, even all LGBTQ+ people, no, all people, why not all mammals? must also be Russian spies.

Back