AS a Christian can you ever vote DEMOCRATIC

Rockson

As Christians our concern should be to spread the gospel of Christ and change the hearts of individuals. Whom folks want to vote for is a private matter and the church should not be concerned with it.
Much truth to this although not sure one should take a position of taking no heed to it just not sure to what measure Christians should be involved. I think believers can have right intentions BUT we need to be careful NOT to think our goal is to create a morality revolution established by worldly laws and think we've really advanced the Kingdom of God. There's a difference between a morality revolution and spiritual transformation. The Kingdom of God is truly advanced when the spirits of mean are born again and their hearts are changed to be a new creature created in Christ Jesus with the life of God within.

On the other hand Christians, their families and children live in this world too. They do have a right like any other citizen to want to direct the way moral standards are considered and applied by law. To just let go and allow some citizens more equal then others, meaning that others have the right to shape, form and establish how society goes when all the time they had just as much right to have a say as the others I don't think is right either.

Newbirth

Yes it did - Read the Declaration of Independence - We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
Rights come from god.
You are dangerous to our freedom if you deny that fact.
The Declaration of Independence doesn't say anything about bearing arms...The right God gives is to obey him.

Newbirth

False assumption because you assume without evidence and in contradiction to the proven empirical fact that guns are the problem.
lol you said. More Guns less crime. The issue here is Gun-related crimes. How do more guns = fewer gun-related crimes? Since the discussion is about gun-related crimes, how then could guns not be the problem?

ferengi

Newbirth

Yes it is. People kill not because of guns but because of the devaluation of human life. That devaluation flows logically from false beliefs such as atheism.
Correct, people do kill because of disregard for human life, however, guns make it easier to kill.

Newbirth

No the data, facts and science say that.
you just repeated it ...you have to show that the data is true. The real-world scenario does not support what you say.
More guns in the hands of the law abiding reduces crime - thats empirical fact.
Now you are twisting what you said...But in any event, it takes one unlawful event to make a law-abiding person a criminal with a gun.
Because guns are not - its morals or lack thereof thats the problem.
If guns are not the problem what is the problem in a gun-related crime? Lack of morality is the problem in all crimes, guns are an added problem in gun-related crimes.

Mike McK

The Declaration of Independence doesn't say anything about bearing arms...The right God gives is to obey him.
Why would the Declaration of Independence say anything about bearing arms? Do you seriously not know the difference between the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution?

ferengi

you just repeated it ...you have to show that the data is true. The real-world scenario does not support what you say.
Already done- Read "More Guns - Less Crime" by Lott.
Now you are twisting what you said...But in any event, it takes one unlawful event to make a law-abiding person a criminal with a gun.
The law abiding by definition are not criminals.
If guns are not the problem what is the problem in a gun-related crime?
Morality.
Lack of morality is the problem in all crimes, guns are an added problem in gun-related crimes.
No they are a political issue.

Newbirth

No - its just as easy to kill with other objects
How is just as easy to kill with other objects sir? If that were true people wouldn't need guns. With what other objects can a person easily kill a dozen people 15 or 20 feet away with?
- its just that guns have been politicized to eliminate the 2nd Amendment.
The 2nd Amendment is about a well-regulated militia.

Mike McK

How is just as easy to kill with other objects sir?
If that were true people wouldn't need guns.
What do you think the purpose of guns is?
With what other objects can a person easily kill a dozen people 15 or 20 feet away with?
I can hit a target 20 feet away with a bow with my eyes closed.
No, it's about the right of the people to keep and bear arms. That's why it says, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". The "well regulated militia" part of the 2nd Amendment is what is known as a prefatory clause, which is to explain the purpose of the operative clause. It's why the 2nd Amendment says that the right belongs to the people, not to the militia.

ferengi

How is just as easy to kill with other objects sir?
Its called reality and common sense -
Anyone can reach in the drawer and grab a butcher knife. It's a whole lot easier.” =

New report: More people killed with knives, other weapons than rifles -https://khqa.com/news/local/new-report-more-people-killed-with-knives-other-weapons-than-rifles-10-17-2019​

If that were true people wouldn't need guns. With what other objects can a person easily kill a dozen people 15 or 20 feet away with?
See above,.
False - the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Our Lord's God

Ezekiel 3:17

14 So the spirit lifted me up, and took me away, and I went in bitterness, in the heat of my spirit; but the hand of the LORD was strong upon me. 15 Then I came to them of the captivity at Telabib, that dwelt by the river of Chebar, and I sat where they sat, and remained there astonished among them seven days. 16 And it came to pass at the end of seven days, that the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, 17 Son of man, I have made thee a watchman unto the house of Israel: therefore hear the word at my mouth, and give them warning from me. 18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

https://catholicvote.org/phoenix-priest-speaks-hard-truths-on-catholic-voting-and-abortion/

As a Christian you should be more concerned about what your King is doing than what the world is doing.

Newbirth

Why would the Declaration of Independence say anything about bearing arms?
Ferengi says it does, post #182 in response to post# 179
Do you seriously not know the difference between the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution?
I never assumed there was no difference. Take up your issue with Ferengi he says in the declaration of independence God gives the rights to bear arms.

Newbirth

So there should be no issue with gun regulation and registration? Lorries need to be regulated and registered.
What do you think the purpose of guns is?
He said there were easier ways to kill people. Follow the argument...If there are easier ways than guns then use the easier way.
I can hit a target 20 feet away with a bow with my eyes closed.
I am not doubting that, but not everyone can, plus by the time you reload your bow a gun can send out ten rounds.
No, it's about the right of the people to keep and bear arms. That's why it says, "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". The "well regulated militia" part of the 2nd Amendment is what is known as a prefatory clause, which is to explain the purpose of the operative clause. It's why the 2nd Amendment says that the right belongs to the people, not to the militia.
It is one sentence sir... “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”
It is evident that the people and the well-regulated militia are the same. Else outlaws and criminals would retain that right to keep and bear arms also.
In your view, no one is excluded from keeping and bearing arms. In the view of the 2nd Amendment, only well-regulated people's right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Newbirth

Its called reality and common sense -
Anyone can reach in the drawer and grab a butcher knife. It's a whole lot easier.” =

New report: More people killed with knives, other weapons than rifles -https://khqa.com/news/local/new-report-more-people-killed-with-knives-other-weapons-than-rifles-10-17-2019​

lol a 2019 report may have been using data from 2016... we are in 2021...If you go back further you may find when clubs were the weapon of choice.
See above,.

False - the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
You left out half of the sentence...You need to identify who are the people it is referring to. Do you agree that criminals should have the right to keep and bear arms? They are people too you know.