AS a Christian can you ever vote DEMOCRATIC

Thistle

right. we're not voting for a new minister of the gospel, we're voting for the leader of our country. He happens to believe in God, support Israel and is anti abortion. He also supports freedom of religious beliefs, not one forced on us by the government. The left removed God from their platform. they also removed support for Israel. And they push for abortion for all.

In 2016 I was refusing to vote at all until I read an article about it by James Garlow. it can be found online. read it -
https://www.charismanews.com/politi...es-how-the-very-future-of-america-is-at-stake
The last obvious "Christian candidate" was Jimmy Carter president/Sunday school teacher, and by 1980 it was apparent that his Christian values didn't find their way to his policy priority's with sufficient robustness, so we elected Ronald Reagan.

OIP._2ZWHP2d4ZooTkhX6Oop8wAAAA

Mike McK

Accusing the Republican party of racist acts is not accusing each individual member of being a racist.
Of course it is. Who but a racist would vote for an allegedly "racist" party.
My point is that there are sinful acts on both sides of the political coin.
Yes, and your lying and slander are sins, as well. You still haven't shown any evidence that we're racists.

We put a premium on gayness and abortion and discount all the other ones. God is going to hold us all accountable for any unrepentant sin.
Yeah, including your lying and slander, Uncle Ernie.

Last edited:

UncleAbee

It is my belief the DNC is being supported and driven by element of the NWO....Soros?

The NWO wants to collapse the governments of the world and then establish power. Much to say on that.

Why? Perhaps in preperation for Rev 6:1 Now I watched when the Lamb opened one of the seven seals, and I heard one of the four living creatures say with a voice like thunder, “Come!” 2 And I looked, and behold, a white horse! And its rider had a bow, and a crown was given to him, and he came out conquering, and to conquer.

What evidence is your belief based on?

UncleAbee

I disagree. As I don't mind the gov helping the poor...I'd rather give to who I want to give and not who the gov deems as needy. The money is often wasted or absconded by dirty politicians.

That doesn't mean I love money more than my neighbor.
How do you feel about the social security program?

UncleAbee

right. we're not voting for a new minister of the gospel, we're voting for the leader of our country. He happens to believe in God, support Israel and is anti abortion. He also supports freedom of religious beliefs, not one forced on us by the government. The left removed God from their platform. they also removed support for Israel. And they push for abortion for all.

In 2016 I was refusing to vote at all until I read an article about it by James Garlow. it can be found online. read it -
https://www.charismanews.com/politi...es-how-the-very-future-of-america-is-at-stake
I think we're all getting too worked up over this. Obama was president for 8 years and the country didn't come to an end. Trump (Obama's opposite) has spent 4 years in office. The country hasn't come to an end. I hear these conspiracy theories year after year. None of them come true. I think everybody needs to calm down. No matter who gets elected, the country is not coming to an end. If anything, our own fears will destroy us before any "1" leader will.

CrowCross

How do you feel about the social security program?

SS is money I and others have paid into for years...money meant to supplement a retired worker and others who can't work because of certain reasons.

If you've paid into it you deserve your fair share back.

CrowCross

I think we're all getting too worked up over this. Obama was president for 8 years and the country didn't come to an end. Trump (Obama's opposite) has spent 4 years in office. The country hasn't come to an end. I hear these conspiracy theories year after year. None of them come true. I think everybody needs to calm down. No matter who gets elected, the country is not coming to an end. If anything, our own fears will destroy us before any "1" leader will.
It's not the 1 leader...it's who is driving the 1 leader....

It has been shown China has had close monetary ties with Biden.

UncleAbee

Of course it is. Who but a racist would vote for an allegedly "racist" party.

Yes, and your lying and slander are sins, as well. You still haven't shown any evidence that we're racists.

Yeah, including your lying and slander, Uncle Ernie.
Some references for you to read on the Republican party and racism. Note the switch in racism in the two parties. These are historical facts. Dem's started off as racists and the Republicans finished it. The last link is a good discussion on CSPAN about white supremacy. I am a CSPAN and local news watcher. CNN/FOX/MSNBC are too opinionated.

Thistle

Some references for you to read on the Republican party and racism. Note the switch in racism in the two parties.
The parties didn't switch. In the 1950's and 1960's only one senator and one congressman switched to become Republicans. The idea that the parties switched is flatly false.
These are historical facts.
No, it's not.
Dem's started off as racists and the Republicans finished it.
Dem's are still the party of racism.

Mike McK

Some references for you to read on the Republican party and racism. Note the switch in racism in the two parties. These are historical facts.
Actually, they're not. They've been debunked numerous times.

OK, Uncle Ernie. Why don't you go ahead and tell us which of the Dixiecrats became Republicans. And while you're at it, why don't you name some of those "racist" Republican policies and laws. Go ahead. We'll wait.

Last edited:

Mike McK

The parties didn't switch. In the 1950's and 1960's only one senator and one congressman switched to become Republicans. The idea that the parties switched is flatly false.
This is why I always challenge them to name names. They never can.
Dem's are still the party of racism.
You mean Uncle Ernie's party, whose candidate says things like "poor children are just as smart as white children", "If you don't vote for me, you ain't black", They gonna put y'all back in chains", and once said, "The Democrat Party could use more men like George Wallace", opposed bussing because he said he didn't want his children going to school in "a racial jungle", and called black men "predators" (one upped by their previous candidate, who called them "super-predators") is racist? Noooo...

Thistle

This is why I always challenge them to name names. They never can.
Well, there is the one example of a Dixiecrat who became a Republican, Strom Thurmond. Every other data point makes the opposite case.
You mean Uncle Ernie's party, whose candidate says things like "poor children are just as smart as white children", "If you don't vote for me, you ain't black", They gonna put y'all back in chains", and once said, "The Democrat Party could use more men like George Wallace", opposed bussing because he said he didn't want his children going to school in "a racial jungle", and called black men "predators" (one upped by their previous candidate, who called them "super-predators") is racist? Noooo...
Biden was never a clever or subtle man. He is far worse today since he is now dopey and senile. He has now completely lost whatever ability he ever had to disguise his patronizing racism.

Mike McK

Well, there is the one example of a Dixiecrat who became a Republican, Strom Thurmond. Every other data point makes the opposite case.
That's my point. 1/60 isn't exactly a compelling argument.
Biden was never a clever or subtle man. He is far worse today since he is now dopey and senile. He has now completely lost whatever ability he ever had to disguise his patronizing racism.
I like the way he told the racist story about going into a 7-11 in Delaware and said, "...and I'm not kidding, man!" But then, when people started to point out that was racist, said, "I was just kidding".

Incidentally, I lived in Newark, De for a few years (ironically, about a block from Diane Sellner and, in all that time, we never knew we were neighbors). We didn't have 7-11. Just Wawa and Royal Farms.

Thistle

That's my point. 1/60 isn't exactly a compelling argument.

I like the way he told the racist story about going into a 7-11 in Delaware and said, "...and I'm not kidding, man!" But then, when people started to point out that was racist, said, "I was just kidding".
I'm pretty sure that, that is what Al Jolson would say, if he were still alive, regarding his black face rendition of "Mammy."

Incidentally, I lived in Newark, De for a few years (ironically, about a block from Diane Sellner and, in all that time, we never knew we were neighbors). We didn't have 7-11. Just Wawa and Royal Farms.
I never knew where she lived.

Mike McK

I'm pretty sure that, that is what Al Jolson would say, if he were still alive, regarding his black face rendition of "Mammy."

Was watching Yankee Doodle Dandy on TCM the other day and they had some millennial host who felt like he needed to warn us about a scene in the movie that lasted all of about fifteen seconds, in which the actors wore blackface. I get that some people consider blackface offensive, for some reason, but he made it sound like the scene was going to kidnap your baby and throw it in the river or something. It was really funny to watch. "As you know, we don't censor movies here on TCM, but at 8:41 in the movie, there will be blackface! With current events being what they are, we know this will be traumatizing for some of you, and for others, it may be a good opportunity to sit down with your children and teach them how to be anti-racist."

Or you could just be a grownup and enjoy the movie.
I never knew where she lived.
Yep. I lived in Robscott. When she died, one of her kids posted a link to her obituary and it said she lived in Brookside, right across the highway from us. Posted here for years and had no idea we were neighbors. We she died, I always wondered if we had ever run into each other and not known it.

Thistle

Was watching Yankee Doodle Dandy on TCM the other day and they had some millennial host who felt like he needed to warn us about a scene in the movie that lasted all of about fifteen seconds, in which the actors wore blackface. I get that some people consider blackface offensive, for some reason, but he made it sound like the scene was going to kidnap your baby and throw it in the river or something. It was really funny to watch. "As you know, we don't censor movies here on TCM, but at 8:41 in the movie, there will be blackface! With current events being what they are, we know this will be traumatizing for some of you, and for others, it may be a good opportunity to sit down with your children and teach them how to be anti-racist."

Or you could just be a grownup and enjoy the movie.
One would think that anyone of average intelligence could watch a movie and see how people respond on screen and draw a pretty quick and accurate conclusion about how people in that time viewed the material, in the context of their own generation. But given the left is completely doctrinaire, they must of necessity short circuit that process lest independent thought occur, and threaten everything they've worked to accomplish.
Yep. I lived in Robscott. When she died, one of her kids posted a link to her obituary and it said she lived in Brookside, right across the highway from us. Posted here for years and had no idea we were neighbors. We she died, I always wondered if we had ever run into each other and not known it.
She was quite a goodwill ambassador for CARM.

Mike McK

One would think that anyone of average intelligence could watch a movie and see how people respond on screen and draw a pretty quick and accurate conclusion about how people in that time viewed the material, in the context of their own generation. But given the left is completely doctrinaire, they must of necessity short circuit that process lest independent thought occur, and threaten everything they've worked to accomplish.
It was just so over the top, it was funny.
She was quite a goodwill ambassador for CARM.
We didn't get along at first, but by the end, we had emailed each other many times and had always had pleasant conversations.

UncleAbee

Actually, they're not. They've been debunked numerous times.

OK, Uncle Ernie. Why don't you go ahead and tell us which of the Dixiecrats became Republicans. And while you're at it, why don't you name some of those "racist" Republican policies and laws. Go ahead. We'll wait.
No. They haven't been debunked. This is a case where you have "alternative facts" (per Kelly Conway). Go to any university with an accredited history department and ask them about the two parties and the racism switch. They will explain it to you just like I've told you and the links show you. Many democrats walked out the party when Harry S Truman (democratic president) introduced a pro civil rights platform. These "Dixiecrats" held a separate convention and nominated Strom Thurmond (one of the biggest racists of all time) to run for president. He lost to Truman. The big split came when president Johnson (democrat) signed the civil rights act in 1964. The Dixiecrats fled to the Republican party in the 60's and the 70's and took the party over. Richard Nixon came along during that time and employed the Southern Strategy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy). This strategy appealed to the racism of Southern White voters. This strategy was created by Kevin Phillips and popularized by Richard Nixon. It employed coded racist language (dog whistles such as law and order, welfare queens, war on terror, states rights, etc). Phillips wrote a book called "The Emerging Republican Majority." You should read it. The Willie Horton attack ads by George Bush (1st) built upon the Southern Strategy.

Examples of racist Republican policies - Voter suppression via voter ID laws, district gerrymandering, appointing unofficial poll watchers, eliminating ballet boxes, etc, drastic deregulation of banks which severely hurt minorities, fighting minimum wage increases, opposition to reigning in redlining, adding a citizenship question to the US Census, splitting up children and parents at the border, cutting of social programs at every opportunity, etc ......

These are the facts. They can be backed up by any accredited university history dept. The new southern strategy is to call current day Democrats the true racists. This is a lie just like Trump's lie about Obama not being born in America.

BTW ... my user name is Abee not Ernie.

UncleAbee

It's not the 1 leader...it's who is driving the 1 leader....

It has been shown China has had close monetary ties with Biden.
What's your evidence of this? "It has been shown" by who or what? Please provide your references. I hear this type of language all the time such as when folks say phrases like "many people are saying this." Who are the "many people?" This is how misinformation gets spread.