AS a Christian can you ever vote DEMOCRATIC

Mike McK

OK. I tried responding to Uncle Ernie, but his post is so ridiculous and unhinged that it's pretty clear I should just forget trying to talk to him and go ahead and invoke Proverbs 26:4

Last edited:

UncleAbee

OK. I tried responding to Uncle Ernie, but his post is so ridiculous and unhinged that it's pretty clear I should just forget trying to talk to him and go ahead and invoke Proverbs 26:4
Well, again ..... my user name is "Abee" and not "Ernie." My post is historically accurate. I challenge you to go to any university with an accredited history dept and check the facts. Your history is wrong. You can't respond because what I am saying is factual.

I haven't called you a name yet. So far you've called me an idiot and a fool. One thing I've learned is that in a debate when people start name calling they have no more argument left. They have to resort to personal attacks to try to win.

Today's challenging of established historical fact is bothersome to me. Things that have been proven by our academic communities (universities, PHd's, research work, etc.) and accepted for decades are being readily dismissed. "Alternative facts" are popping up all over the place. I implore people to stop getting their news off of Twitter and Facebook. Turn off CNN and FOX news. This is opinion news and not journalism. Go find the PHd's who have done the research and read their work. Watch more local news. Read more newspapers. Watch CSPAN.

Last edited:

Mike McK

Well, again ..... my user name is "Abee" and not "Ernie."
And once again, if you can call us racists, then I can call you Uncle Ernie. If you don't get the reference, google it.
My post is historically accurate.
And yet, when given multiple opportunities, you couldn't even name one Dixiecrat who became a Republican.
I challenge you to go to any university with an accredited history dept and check the facts.
Yeah, about that....This being the internet, you have no idea who I am. So it's understandable that you don't know I have grad degrees in American history from Auburn and Rutgers Universities. Or that I taught history and civics at both the secondary and college levels.

I AM literally one of the people you're telling me to ask.

Second, do you know what accreditation is? I'm sure it sounds very impressive to you when you wield it as a cudgel to try to intimidate people, but all it really is is an agreement among people to accept one another's work.

Do you even know that there are different kinds of accreditation and many accrediting bodies?

So, just saying "an accredited history department" is meaningless.

And, for that matter, why does it have to be accredited? Accreditation doesn't make something any more or less true.
Your history is wrong. You can't respond because what I am saying is factual.
Is that why you won't respond to my question asking you to tell us which Dixiecrats became Republicans? Because your history is wrong?
I haven't called you a name yet.
Actually, you have. Twice. And you've insulted me several times.
So far you've called me an idiot and a fool.
Well, technically I just called you an idiot and cited a Bible verse that calls you a fool. I stand by both.
One thing I've learned is that in a debate when people start name calling they have no more argument left.
...says the guy who literally began the conversation by calling us racists.
They have to resort to personal attacks to try to win.
Not at all. In this case, all I had to do was ask you a question to win.

CrowCross

What's your evidence of this? "It has been shown" by who or what? Please provide your references. I hear this type of language all the time such as when folks say phrases like "many people are saying this." Who are the "many people?" This is how misinformation gets spread.
Go online and start looking....I'm not going to put up hundreds of references. Get off of the main stream media. Wake up!!!!

UncleAbee

And once again, if you can call us racists, then I can call you Uncle Ernie. If you don't get the reference, google it.

And yet, when given multiple opportunities, you couldn't even name one Dixiecrat who became a Republican. - Strom Thurman.

Yeah, about that....This being the internet, you have no idea who I am. So it's understandable that you don't know I have grad degrees in American history from Auburn and Rutgers Universities. Or that I taught history and civics at both the secondary and college levels. - Then it surprises you don't know the history of the Southern Strategy and it's connections to the Republican party. It should be easy for you to ask someone in your dept to confirm these facts.

I AM literally one of the people you're telling me to ask. - Again. I am shocked you don't know real history. I feel for your students.

Second, do you know what accreditation is? I'm sure it sounds very impressive to you when you wield it as a cudgel to try to intimidate people, but all it really is is an agreement among people to accept one another's work. - Would you send your kid to a non-accredited university?

Do you even know that there are different kinds of accreditation and many accrediting bodies? - I am aware of that.

So, just saying "an accredited history department" is meaningless. - Again would you send your kid to a non-accredited university?

And, for that matter, why does it have to be accredited? Accreditation doesn't make something any more or less true. - That's true but it is a tool used for validation purposes. Again, would you send your kid to a non accredited universtity?

Is that why you won't respond to my question asking you to tell us which Dixiecrats became Republicans? Because your history is wrong? - See above. Both Strom Thurmond and Jessie Helms were Dixiecrats. These are two incredibly huge racist individuals.

Actually, you have. Twice. And you've insulted me several times. - I haven't called you any names. Sorry if you took my comments as insults. I am merely debating your points.So far you've called me Uncle Ernie, an idiot, and a fool.

Well, technically I just called you an idiot and cited a Bible verse that calls you a fool. I stand by both. - I agree. You called me a fool. I haven't called you one name yet even though I disagree with your points.

...says the guy who literally began the conversation by calling us racists. - I didn't call you a racist. I pointed out the racist connections of the Republican party. Democrats have racists connections as well. They were originally pro racist and pro slavery. It switched between parties in the early to mid 20th century.

Not at all. In this case, all I had to do was ask you a question to win. - I have answered all your questions. People resort to name calling when they see themselves losing.
I guess since you'll persist in name calling and present no facts this will be my last post to you on this subject. I have answered your questions in red above.

Last edited:

UncleAbee

You'll have to look around...I'm not going to do your homework.

Here.

Here.

Here.

Here.

Here.

Here.
Wow. A list of far right internet media sources. I should have guessed. Brighteon links have been banned by Facebook (of which I have a low opinion also) for the many unfounded conspiracy theories it promotes. Dave Hodges the Common Sense show? You've got to be kidding. These aren't real news sources. This is just right wing propaganda. This is like you asking me for a source and I send you to this site. https://democraticunderground.com/ ...... or to the Young Turks or something. All of these sites (on the left and right) are a bunch of propaganda.

Mike McK

1. That's right, Uncle Ernie. It was Strom Thurmond and Jesse Helms. And there was actually a third, which your talking points didn't tell you about.

So, your lies are based on three people. Seriously. You're blaming an entire party for the actions of three people.

And this is where you show your hypocrisy again.

You're calling the Republican party racist because three segregationists, two of whom recanted their segregationist views, jumped to the Republican party, while completely ignoring the fact that literally EVERY OTHER DIXIECRAT RETURNED TO THE DEMOCRAT PARTY.

So let's add "hypocrite" to the list of things I've called you, and which the Bible verse I cited called you.

2. When you tell me I don't know "real history" and that you feel sorry for my students, what you're really saying is that you don't trust the Universities that educated me, the colleges and universities where I taught, or the school districts where I taught.

It's hypocritical of you to tell me to go to these institutions to fight your battles for you, but then to say that they're not trustworthy in evaluating their students or faculty's understanding of the subjects they taught them.

3. Would I send my child to a non-accredited university? Depends on the university, the degree they're after, and whether or not they plan to transfer. There are fine colleges and universities out there that are unaccredited. Not only are they as academically rigorous as accredited colleges, but they often share the same faculty.

4. No, you weren't debating my points. In fact, the first time you called us racists wasn't even addressed to me and was completely unprovoked. But I do hope you didn't take my calling you an idiot as an insult.

5. You called Republicans racists. You then called white Southern voters racists. So, yeah, you're lying when you say you didn't call me a racist.

6. I agree. People do resort to name calling when they see themselves losing. And I'm sure that's why you called me names.

Last edited:

Mike McK

Wow. A list of far right internet media sourcesThese aren't real news sources.
And yet, you cited Wikipedia, which is a far left internet media source and not a real news source. In fact, none of the sources you cited are news sources. So, you're a hypocrite, as well as a liar. It's becoming pretty clear that you're just Vibise posting under a new name.

Thistle

No. They haven't been debunked. This is a case where you have "alternative facts" (per Kelly Conway). Go to any university with an accredited history department and ask them about the two parties and the racism switch. They will explain it to you just like I've told you and the links show you. Many democrats walked out the party when Harry S Truman (democratic president) introduced a pro civil rights platform. These "Dixiecrats" held a separate convention and nominated Strom Thurmond (one of the biggest racists of all time) to run for president. He lost to Truman. The big split came when president Johnson (democrat) signed the civil rights act in 1964. The Dixiecrats fled to the Republican party in the 60's and the 70's and took the party over.
That is not true. One Dixiecrat came to the Republican Party, Strom Thurmond. That is an absolute fact.
Richard Nixon came along during that time and employed the Southern Strategy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy). This strategy appealed to the racism of Southern White voters. This strategy was created by Kevin Phillips and popularized by Richard Nixon. It employed coded racist language (dog whistles such as law and order, welfare queens, war on terror, states rights, etc). Phillips wrote a book called "The Emerging Republican Majority." You should read it. The Willie Horton attack ads by George Bush (1st) built upon the Southern Strategy.
That is the fairy tail the left has constructed, election by election, to stampede the African American vote to the Democrat Party. The racists all stayed put. George Wallis was a Democrat, Orval Faubus was a Democrat, Robert Byrd was a Democrat, they were Democrats until the day they died. They were the racists and they did not switch to the Republican party. One Senator and one Congressman switched, that is two people in 20 years. That is hardly the parties switching. The racists stayed put and they are still in the Democrat Party.

Examples of racist Republican policies - Voter suppression via voter ID laws,
That is crazy! You have to show your ID to cash a check. To suggest that African Americans are bereft of the alacrity to produce an ID is proof positive that the Democrats are still the racists. Do your children have the resourcefulness to produce an ID? If yes, then why are your expectations so much lower for African Americans of the same age? There is a word for that, it's racism.
district gerrymandering,
Are you suggesting the Democrats don't gerrymander? If you honestly believe that, you are in La la Land.
appointing unofficial poll watchers,
The Black Panthers who showed up in Pennsylvanian to intimidate voters were "official poll watchers?"
eliminating ballet boxes, etc,
The Democrats do that.
drastic deregulation of banks which severely hurt minorities,
That was Bill Clinton.
fighting minimum wage increases,
Those prevent minority teenagers from ever getting their first work experience, thereby stopping them from ever acquiring the skills to become employable. If your kids had teenage jobs, don't you think it would be nice if the same thing happened in minority neighborhoods? You seem to be throwing your arms around every racist policy and giving it a big smooch.
opposition to reigning in redlining,
That legislation was enacted because of Republican votes.
adding a citizenship question to the US Census,
That question was only eliminated in recent year, and is an important demographic statistic to know.
splitting up children and parents at the border,
So I guess you are just fine with human trafficking? You know that guy is probably not the father of those twelve fourteen year old girls, no matter how much you want to believe him.
cutting of social programs at every opportunity, etc ......
Do you know what has happened to the poverty rate of minorities since Johnson's Great Society? It has skyrocketed. Racists Democrats want that, not Republicans.
These are the facts.
Wow. You are so far down the rabbit hole, you may never find your way out.
They can be backed up by any accredited university history dept. The new southern strategy is to call current day Democrats the true racists.
They are.

CrowCross

Wow. A list of far right internet media sources. I should have guessed. Brighteon links have been banned by Facebook (of which I have a low opinion also) for the many unfounded conspiracy theories it promotes. Dave Hodges the Common Sense show? You've got to be kidding. These aren't real news sources. This is just right wing propaganda. This is like you asking me for a source and I send you to this site. https://democraticunderground.com/ ...... or to the Young Turks or something. All of these sites (on the left and right) are a bunch of propaganda.
Translation.....I don't get out much.

thanks for the predicted reply Uncleabee

CrowCross

I went to your link to look for an article on hunters laptop...and found nothing.

I guess I'll have to wait for Tucker tonight. He's spending a better part of the show interviewing Hunters partner. You should watch it.

UncleAbee

I went to your link to look for an article on hunters laptop...and found nothing.

I guess I'll have to wait for Tucker tonight. He's spending a better part of the show interviewing Hunters partner. You should watch it.
I don't watch Tucker Carlson. He's worse than Don Lemon on CNN.

UncleAbee

And yet, you cited Wikipedia, which is a far left internet media source and not a real news source. In fact, none of the sources you cited are news sources. So, you're a hypocrite, as well as a liar. It's becoming pretty clear that you're just Vibise posting under a new name.
No idea who or what "Vibise" is.

Mike McK

Why would black christians vote for a party that aborts more black babies than people who have died of the Chinese virus ???
Since 2012, more black babies have been aborted in New York than have been born. It's black genocide. And yet, Democrats still insist they're the party that represents minorities.