AS a Christian can you ever vote DEMOCRATIC

Newbirth

I fail to see how some contraception is killing life.
The capacity to make life is in the male sperm and the female egg is it not? If you destroy all sperm and all eggs how will any life come into existence?
There is some contraception that kills life but not all.
The idea of contraception is to avoid the formation of life... which do you think is worse...to avoid life or to abort life?
Onan was using his brother's wife for pleasure.
the scripture does not say that...it says he spilled his seed because he knew that they would not count as his own...
Not bringing up a Godly line for the messiah to come is what displeased God.
the scripture does not say that either... it says God was displeased because Onan spilled his seed...here it is in black and white...
9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.
10 And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also.

C

Chuckz

The capacity to make life is in the male sperm and the female egg is it not? If you destroy all sperm and all eggs how will any life come into existence?

The idea of contraception is to avoid the formation of life... which do you think is worse...to avoid life or to abort life?

the scripture does not say that...it says he spilled his seed because he knew that they would not count as his own...

the scripture does not say that either... it says God was displeased because Onan spilled his seed...here it is in black and white...
9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.
10 And the thing which he did displeased the Lord: wherefore he slew him also.

Millions of eggs and sperm die on their own. Is your plan to implant them into women so every one can live?

God made Adam out of the dust of the ground.
The theory is everything reproduces after its kind.

If it doesn't reproduce, its not a functioning being.

C

Chuckz

The voice of an idiot.
My political professor said people may be stupid but they aren't dumb. My professor encourages his class to talk to older people. That is where you can get wisdom, history, knowledge.

Thre are only some things you can know and it comes with age.

Newbirth

Millions of eggs and sperm die on their own.
yes and millions of people die on their own...
Is your plan to implant them into women so every one can live?
nope, that is not my plan... there is a natural process
God made Adam out of the dust of the ground.
The theory is everything reproduces after its kind.
yes, and there is a process for reproduction of kind
If it doesn't reproduce, its not a functioning being.
it does reproduce on its own... there is a process...

Thistle

Neither party is Christian. Neither candidate is Christian.

Once the republican party leaders were not wearing masks because of covid, they showed me they don't really care about our lives and over 300,000 people died from covid. How is that pro life?

The "stand back and stand down" comment became a slogan for the Proud Boys.

Over 500 children separated from their parents no longer can be reunited with their parents.

A lot of the things the white house press secretary says is not true.

God is not going to allow sin in his house and there are already astronomical tallies of how many times the president lied.
Lucky think you have lived a life of perpetual and cumulative perfection. Are you available to be president? By your standard here we know Joe Biden is not qualified.
Christians use to vote based on merit.
You must get around, knowing all Christian voters, and all.
Neither party stopped abortion.
There is one party that doesn't want an abortion in every Christmas stocking.
When the new administration takes over, a lot is going to be exposed about the 2016 to 2020 administration.
Have you been conscious during any part of the last four years?

HillsboroMom

Neither party is Christian. Neither candidate is Christian.
I would agree with you that neither party is Christian, per se, but I don't think we can judge the Christianity of another person.

Rather than judge the people, let's judge the actions.

Both parties have blood on their hands, and neither party has Christian morals (any more). The Republican Party used to be the party of moral righteousness, but that has been slipping in my life time, and when Trump, a man who repeatedly cheats on his wives, pays off prostitutes, refers to woman by their private parts, and speaks so disgustingly about women, with no respect or honor, does not behave like a Christian.

If a party comes along that says we ought to take care of the poor and hungry, serve others rather than serving ourselves, be more concerned about the lowest of the low, and not try to impress the rich people, that would be the party that would be most in line with what Jesus taught. Right now, neither party is like that, but of the two main parties, the Democrats, shockingly, are closer to that than the Republicans are.

Kennedy said "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." He was a Democrat, not a Republican.

Jimmy Carter is still, to this day, donating his time and money to charity. He is more of a Christian than ANY other president in my life time. And he's a Democrat, not a Republican.

As Trump would say, it's "sad."

ferengi

Trump, a man who repeatedly cheats on his wives, pays off prostitutes, refers to woman by their private parts, and speaks so disgustingly about women, with no respect or honor, does not behave like a Christian.
Prove he cheated - who were we supposed to vote for - hillary?

HillsboroMom

Prove he cheated - who were we supposed to vote for - hillary?
(1) It has been proved in court that he cheated on every one of his wives.
(2) No, Hillary was not running for president this year. You were supposed to vote for Biden, or stay home. Those were the only Christian options.

Thistle

(1) It has been proved in court that he cheated on every one of his wives.
(2) No, Hillary was not running for president this year. You were supposed to vote for Biden, or stay home. Those were the only Christian options.
Paul said that God used Pharaoh in Romans 9. You are not suggesting that God sinned, are you?

ferengi

Kennedy said "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." He was a Democrat, not a Republican.
He was conservative - NOT a liberal as dems are today.
Jimmy Carter is still, to this day, donating his time and money to charity. He is more of a Christian than ANY other president in my life time. And he's a Democrat, not a Republican.
Carter is no Christina - he is a lying fake like all libdemocrats. He faked much of what he did - he would go to the oval office at 5:30 to act like he was working, then lie on the couch and sleep till 7 or 8. He would take his own luggage off Marine/AirForce One to fake like he was a real person and man of the people- those bags were empty - it was all fake. He was week total failure and bumbling idiot that let Iran walk all over us and he was so incompetent he screwed up the rescue attempt and caused the deaths of a number of service members.
No one that fake and dishonest is a Christian.

ferengi

You were supposed to vote for Biden, or stay home. Those were the only Christian options.
?? Really?

Biden's agenda includes destruction of multiple pro-life policies​

President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris have promised to undo a number of President Donald Trump’s pro-life policies.
Biden has indicated that he will reverse the Mexico City Policy, which bars foreign organizations receiving U.S. funding from providing abortions, abortion information or abortion referrals. He has also promised to restore federal funding to Planned Parenthood, to repeal the Hyde Amendment and to renew legal action against the Little Sisters of the Poor.

“If I am elected I will restore the Obama-Biden policy that existed before the [Supreme Court’s 2014] Hobby Lobby ruling: providing an exemption for houses of worship and an accommodation for nonprofit organizations with religious missions,” Biden said in July, when the Supreme Court ruled to uphold conscience exemptions from former President Barack Obama’s birth control mandate.
Biden has indicated that he will reverse the Mexico City Policy, which bars foreign organizations receiving U.S. funding from providing abortions, abortion information or abortion referrals. He has also promised to restore federal funding to Planned Parenthood, to repeal the Hyde Amendment and to renew legal action against the Little Sisters of the Poor.

“If I am elected I will restore the Obama-Biden policy that existed before the [Supreme Court’s 2014] Hobby Lobby ruling: providing an exemption for houses of worship and an accommodation for nonprofit organizations with religious missions,” Biden said in July, when the Supreme Court ruled to uphold conscience exemptions from former President Barack Obama’s birth control mandate.

HillsboroMom

He was conservative - NOT a liberal as dems are today.
Kennedy's politics were not conservative, by today's standards or by prior standards. He was pro-taxes and pro-spending. That is liberal. He was in favor of civil rights policies. These are liberal policies, not conservative. Just because someone is well-liked and popular doesn't make them conservative.

He also almost certainly had an affair (at least one) while he was married, maybe even while he was president.

In the 1860s, liberals were anti-slavery and pro-industry. Conservatives wanted to "conserve" the status quo, that is, slavery. Democrats were conservatives back then, and Republicans were liberal. Lincoln was a liberal, because he was a Republican.

Carter is no Christina (sic)

You disparage a man who has spent well over half of his life doing exactly what Jesus commanded. That tells me all I need to know about what kind of person you are.

HillsboroMom

How is biden the Christian option?
A vote for Biden is a vote to get Trump out of office. I am no fan of Biden, but we needed to get Trump out of office. That man was a treasonous villain. But, like Obama, both Bushes, Clinton, Reagan, Carter, Ford, and even Nixon, I believe they acted in what they thought was the best for the American people. I may have disagreed with some or all of their policies, but I believe they acted in what THEY thought was the best interest of the people.

Trump does not. He acts for himself only. He doesn't care about America, he only cares about himself.

And don't fool yourself that Trump is pro-life. He has paid for abortions. He isn't anti-abortion. He's just pretending to be for his base.

ferengi

Kennedy's politics were not conservative,
Yes they were - he lowered taxes - attempted to reign in the power of the CIA(ie govt) and was getting us out of Viet Nam- all conservative policies.
He was pro-taxes and pro-spending.
False - he cut taxes.
He also almost certainly had an affair (at least one) while he was married, maybe even while he was president.
Yes - it well known in his personal life he had a sexual addition - the entire Kennedy family did - I was referring to policy positions - not personal life.
Conservatives wanted to "conserve" the status quo, that is, slavery.
False - thats philosophical conservatism not political conservatism - The democrats are the party of slavery - conservatives ended slavery.
You disparage a man who has spent well over half of his life doing exactly what Jesus commanded.
LOL- nope - I just tell the truth about a liar.

ferengi

A vote for Biden is a vote to get Trump out of office.
So how is that Christian. He is an abortofacist who supports the mass murder of children EVEN AFTER THEY ARE BORN. He is a criminal who abused his power to enrich his family - how is he the Christian choice?
That man was a treasonous villain.
LOL - Your evidence is? And biden's 1.5 billion dollar deal the Chicoms is what? Patriotic?
Trump does not. He acts for himself only. He doesn't care about America, he only cares about himself.
Your evidence is? See above.,
And don't fool yourself that Trump is pro-life. He has paid for abortions. He isn't anti-abortion. He's just pretending to be for his base.
Prove it

HillsboroMom

Also, Trump threatened to veto the 1.5b deal. After he had promised to pass it. Making him, as I said, nothing more than a charlatan and a double-crossing two-faced crook.