AS a Christian can you ever vote DEMOCRATIC

ferengi

Also, Trump threatened to veto the 1.5b deal. After he had promised to pass it. Making him, as I said, nothing more than a charlatan and a double-crossing two-faced crook.
And the 5 peace deals he brokered with Muslim countries and Israel - what about that? What about achieving the lowest minority unemployment in history? Is that bad?

HillsboroMom

And the 5 peace deals he brokered with Muslim countries and Israel - what about that?
He did not broker 5 peace deals. He got 4 Arab countries to recognize Israel. There was no promise to end hostilities from either side, which would be a necessary component of a "peace deal."

And considering his bone-headed move to recognize Jerusalem as the Israeli capital, he just made any negotiations harder.

UncleAbee

And the 5 peace deals he brokered with Muslim countries and Israel - what about that?
I would hail it as progress but not a peace deal. The underlying issues between Israel, the Palestinians, and Iran was not resolved through this deal. I would agree though that Trump did make some good progress though.
What about achieving the lowest minority unemployment in history? Is that bad?
You have to look at the trends. Minority (notably black) unemployment began it's declining trend rate in 2010 under Obama. The trend has carried through Trump's term. It's really just the continuation of Obama's trend under Trump. It didn't start under Trump. I'd give Trump credit for not messing up the trend. Obama get's the credit for starting the trend. The trend downwards is almost the same under Trump as it was under Obama. The trend downwards did not escalate under Trump. It actually decreased some. Go look at the black unemployment charts from 2010 to present and you'll see what I am saying.

HillsboroMom

I would hail it as progress but not a peace deal. The underlying issues between Israel, the Palestinians, and Iran was not resolved through this deal. I would agree though that Trump did make some good progress though.

You have to look at the trends. Minority (notably black) unemployment began it's declining trend rate in 2010 under Obama. The trend has carried through Trump's term. It's really just the continuation of Obama's trend under Trump. It didn't start under Trump. I'd give Trump credit for not messing up the trend. Obama get's the credit for starting the trend. The trend downwards is almost the same under Trump as it was under Obama. The trend downwards did not escalate under Trump. It actually decreased some. Go look at the black unemployment charts from 2010 to present and you'll see what I am saying.
Also, since 2020, unemployment among minorities is growing at 2-3x that for whites. So, while you're right that from 2016-2019 it continued a downward trend, along with unemployment in general (and, as you say, the downward trend slowed, meaning it didn't decrease as quickly as it was decreasing under Obama, which may not be Trump's "fault," but should be noted), there is still a SIGNIFICANT difference among the races in unemployment and poverty. This NEEDS to be addressed.

IMHO, Obama didn't do enough to address it. No president has done enough to address it.

ferengi

You are the one who made the assertion, the onus of proof is on you.
Shifting the burden.
Prove that "getting a country to recognize another country" is the same as a "peace deal."
When they do that they stop making threats - when they acknowledge the right of existence they stoop trying to destroy them.
And you have avoided SEVERAL questions.
Projeciton.
You claim links that support my statements don't count as evidence
PRove they support your statements.
, but you won't tell me what DOES count as evidence,
You did not ask.
so you need to answer that question, so that I might provide evidence that you accept.
Look up the word evidence in the dictionary.
You've also done a very good job of basically being a playground brat saying "no it doesn't" without providing any counter-evidence.
Childish ad homs are not evidence.
See above

Last edited by a moderator:

ferengi

You are the one who made the assertion, the onus of proof is on you.
Prove it.
Prove that "getting a country to recognize another country" is the same as a "peace deal."
When they recognize they stop trying to destroy
And you have avoided SEVERAL questions.
Prove it.
You claim links that support my statements don't count as evidence,
PRove it supports your claim.
but you won't tell me what DOES count as evidence,
Straw man - you never asked.
so you need to answer that question, so that I might provide evidence that you accept.
Present any definition of evidence that says links are evidence

UncleAbee

Also, since 2020, unemployment among minorities is growing at 2-3x that for whites. So, while you're right that from 2016-2019 it continued a downward trend, along with unemployment in general (and, as you say, the downward trend slowed, meaning it didn't decrease as quickly as it was decreasing under Obama, which may not be Trump's "fault," but should be noted), there is still a SIGNIFICANT difference among the races in unemployment and poverty. This NEEDS to be addressed.

IMHO, Obama didn't do enough to address it. No president has done enough to address it.
Agreed. Minority unemployment is down but still way too high.