Ask a mason anything you want to know!

SimpleMan

Must be a glutton for punishment, but here I go again.

If anyone has any questions about Freemasonry, please step up and ask. I will do my upmost best and answer honestly.
If you just want to throw stones, start your own thread.
I'm a 33rd degree Master Mason and have been involved with Freemasonry on a national and international stage for over 25 years. Mainly working with the Scottish Rite Childrens hospitals. I've personally flew 100's of kids and families to these hospitals for 40 some years. I took my passion for flying and turned it into a way to help a family.

So be nice, or be gone.

Straight questions with straight answers.

Serious question here. With the rise in prices of a lot of things, are Freemasons looking into hempcrete for construction and what are your thoughts on it both economically and morally speaking?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm not into the whole conspiracy theory thing about Freemasonry and have no animosity towards you guys at all even though I am not a Freemason myself. :)

Serious question here. With the rise in prices of a lot of things, are Freemasons looking into hempcrete for construction and what are your thoughts on it both economically and morally speaking?

Thanks.

P.S. I'm not into the whole conspiracy theory thing about Freemasonry and have no animosity towards you guys at all even though I am not a Freemason myself. :)
Personally I think hempcrete is a step above traditional methods. Unfortunately the cost is greater at the time of the build even though heating and cooling cost would be lower over time.

I believe the moral issue with weed has gotten much smaller in the last decade or two. People are finally becoming aware that weed isn't as evil as we were led to believe.

I've had cancer a few times and I'll tell you that weed certainly helped me during this last bout. Found various strains that helped me eat, or sleep, depending on what my needs were.

Personally I think hempcrete is a step above traditional methods. Unfortunately the cost is greater at the time of the build even though heating and cooling cost would be lower over time.

I believe the moral issue with weed has gotten much smaller in the last decade or two. People are finally becoming aware that weed isn't as evil as we were led to believe.

I've had cancer a few times and I'll tell you that weed certainly helped me during this last bout. Found various strains that helped me eat, or sleep, depending on what my needs were.
That's great to hear, especially that you found some relief from the cancer. Im right there with you on the medicinal properties of Marijuana.

Must be a glutton for punishment, but here I go again.

If anyone has any questions about Freemasonry, please step up and ask. I will do my upmost best and answer honestly.
If you just want to throw stones, start your own thread.
I'm a 33rd degree Master Mason and have been involved with Freemasonry on a national and international stage for over 25 years. Mainly working with the Scottish Rite Childrens hospitals. I've personally flew 100's of kids and families to these hospitals for 40 some years. I took my passion for flying and turned it into a way to help a family.

So be nice, or be gone.

Straight questions with straight answers.
Are you a christian, what denomination?

Token Password on all blue lodge degrees, 1. apprentice, 2. fellowcraft, 3.Master :giggle:

Scottish rite, northern or southern jurisdiction?

Old school degree work, or a runaway weekender to 32nd degree?

33rd bestowed where, from who?

Last edited:
Are you a christian, what denomination?

Token Password on all blue lodge degrees, 1. apprentice, 2. fellowcraft, 3.Master :giggle:

Scottish rite, northern or southern jurisdiction?

Old school degree work, or a runaway weekender to 32nd degree?

33rd bestowed where, from who?
I mainly come from a Methodist background.

You know I can't share that with you.

Scottish Rite, lean more northern, but either will suffice.

Old school work. I received the 33rd degree in Oklahoma City, at a local lodge. Then a more formal event at my home lodge and then one in my hometown in Wichita Ks.

I mainly come from a Methodist background.

You know I can't share that with you.

Scottish Rite, lean more northern, but either will suffice.

Old school work. I received the 33rd degree in Oklahoma City, at a local lodge. Then a more formal event at my home lodge and then one in my hometown in Wichita Ks.
Thanks for the response, would you consider yourself a saved, born again believer in Jesus Christ?

Would you consider Morals and Dogma A Respected Reading?

Thanks for the response, would you consider yourself a saved, born again believer in Jesus Christ?

I'm going to jump in on this one. Simpleman says he leans more towards the Northern Scottish Rite and Morals & Dogma is a distinctly Southern Scottish Rite book.

Yes.

Depends on what you mean by "A Respected Reading". Morals and Dogma was a monumental work that discusses philosophy and religion in a comparative format. For its time, it was a massive undertaking, but unfortunately was based on some of the spurious myths of that greatest of myth making periods, the 19th Century. A great deal of it is based on the work of Eliphas Levi and by the time of Pike's death, most of that was discredited or flat out wrong. Is it a useful book to read? Yes and no. Yes, because it is written to make people think. No, because it is incredibly dense, especially by the massively dumbed down standards of today (IIRC there is a one sentence paragraph that goes on for several pages), and, as has been noted, has areas which are somewhat wrong to flat out incorrect.

I'm going to jump in on this one. Simpleman says he leans more towards the Northern Scottish Rite and Morals & Dogma is a distinctly Southern Scottish Rite book.

Yes.

Depends on what you mean by "A Respected Reading". Morals and Dogma was a monumental work that discusses philosophy and religion in a comparative format. For its time, it was a massive undertaking, but unfortunately was based on some of the spurious myths of that greatest of myth making periods, the 19th Century. A great deal of it is based on the work of Eliphas Levi and by the time of Pike's death, most of that was discredited or flat out wrong. Is it a useful book to read? Yes and no. Yes, because it is written to make people think. No, because it is incredibly dense, especially by the massively dumbed down standards of today (IIRC there is a one sentence paragraph that goes on for several pages), and, as has been noted, has areas which are somewhat wrong to flat out incorrect.
Your not simple man, or are you "Smiles"

Are you a christian, if so what denomination?

What is your Masonic affiliation?

What degree have you attained?

Yes, I believe in the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Morals & Dogma would indeed be a different book had it been written 20 yrs ago.

Morals and Dogma has been described as "a collection of thirty-two essays which provide a philosophical rationale for the degrees of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite. The lectures provided a backdrop for the degrees by giving lessons in comparative religion, history and philosophy".

I might add that it was written by one man, its not indicative of today's Freemason.

I would say that what Kamaeq said was right on point.

Yes, I believe in the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Morals & Dogma would indeed be a different book had it been written 20 yrs ago.

Morals and Dogma has been described as "a collection of thirty-two essays which provide a philosophical rationale for the degrees of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite. The lectures provided a backdrop for the degrees by giving lessons in comparative religion, history and philosophy".

I might add that it was written by one man, its not indicative of today's Freemason.
Thanks for the response!

The one man who wrote Morals & Dogma, was he a figure of authority and leadership in Freemasonry/Scottish Rite?

Are the 32 essays true or false in Morals & Dogma?

Is/Was this book circulated to members in the Scottish Rite or Freemasonry?

Have you followed the actions as seen below in Roman 10:9-10?

Romans 10:9-10KJV
9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Have you looked into any of the CBD oils? A friend of mine gave me a few vials of some made by a company called Soular, and while the stuff isn't cheap, it's not as expensive as THC oils. The thing I like about these CBD oils is that you get all the benefits without the unpleasant side effects of "burn out", or absent mindedness, etc.

Thanks for the response!

The one man who wrote Morals & Dogma, was he a figure of authority and leadership in Freemasonry/Scottish Rite?

Are the 32 essays true or false in Morals & Dogma?

Is/Was this book circulated to members in the Scottish Rite or Freemasonry?

Have you followed the actions as seen below in Roman 10:9-10?

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Why do I have this feeling that I'm being set up? I hope not.

Pike was a leader in the Scottish Rite. Which again is another form of Freemasonry, but less than 15% of Freemasons go into either the Scottish or York Rite. It was well known that Pike quit attending Blue Lodge meetings and stayed strictly with Scottish Rite meetings.

As a side note, when the Shrine became a reality, the powers that be made it a requirement that a Freemason go into either of the Rites to become a member. In my research this was done solely to raise money and keep the Rites alive. Another change came when they came up with the all the way in one day format enabling a Freemason to become a Shriner in one day. Again, I feel this was purely a financial decision as over 95% of those taking the all in one day course never attend a Blue Lodge meeting.

His book stopped being suggested reading in the late 1980's for new Freemasons. At one time new Freemasons were given 2 books after becoming a member. 1 was Pikes book. The 2nd was The Holy Bible.

Any person calling themselves a Christian follows the action of said verse.

Again, I hope you're not doing this for some type of "gotcha" moment. If that's your goal then I see no reason to continue this conversation.

I'm doing this due to the fact that there is so much incorrect information out there. Mainly on 'christian' websites.

Have you looked into any of the CBD oils? A friend of mine gave me a few vials of some made by a company called Soular, and while the stuff isn't cheap, it's not as expensive as THC oils. The thing I like about these CBD oils is that you get all the benefits without the unpleasant side effects of "burn out", or absent mindedness, etc.

Oils were not as effective on me as the real stuff.

I know it's not legal yet, but I don't care. When I was on opioids, I wasn't always in control of my life. When smoking weed, I have that control.

I strictly buy 3 strains. 1 to help me sleep, 1 to help me eat, and lastly for pain. With opiods I was taking as many as 30 a day. Now I might smoke 3 or 4 times a week.

Oils were not as effective on me as the real stuff.

I know it's not legal yet, but I don't care. When I was on opioids, I wasn't always in control of my life. When smoking weed, I have that control.

I strictly buy 3 strains. 1 to help me sleep, 1 to help me eat, and lastly for pain. With opiods I was taking as many as 30 a day. Now I might smoke 3 or 4 times a week.
Ah, I see where you're coming from now. I went through that same process as well, but after acclimating to the grass, I found that there was still a certain level of control that was missing. Granted it was significantly better than opioids or any of the other substances I was trying.

So I stopped smoking altogether, but after 20 years, a friend offered me the CBD oils, and i found that they were fantastic! Way better than grass. The thing is that I don't need anything near what I needed immediately after getting off the harder stuff.

If you don't mind me asking, what is causing the pain?

Ah, I see where you're coming from now. I went through that same process as well, but after acclimating to the grass, I found that there was still a certain level of control that was missing. Granted it was significantly better than opioids or any of the other substances I was trying.

So I stopped smoking altogether, but after 20 years, a friend offered me the CBD oils, and i found that they were fantastic! Way better than grass. The thing is that I don't need anything near what I needed immediately after getting off the harder stuff.

If you don't mind me asking, what is causing the pain?
Chemotherapy and radiation treatments are part of it.

I've also got blown discs in my back, 2 bad knees and I bad hip.

Between playing competitive mens tackle football, basketball and softball, I've also wrecked numerous times while racing cars and motorcycles. I finally retired at 45. Way to much pain.

I'm also an aeronautical buff and have unfortunately crashed planes 6 times. Fortunately none were to awful.

I still fly numerous times a week. Just much safer aircraft. No more home built or experimental aircraft for me.

Any person calling themselves a Christian follows the action of said verse.
Not trying to be over bearing, but you haven't really answered the question directly?

Are "You" a Christian, Have you followed the actions as seen below in Roman 10:9-10?

Chemotherapy and radiation treatments are part of it.

I've also got blown discs in my back, 2 bad knees and I bad hip.

Between playing competitive mens tackle football, basketball and softball, I've also wrecked numerous times while racing cars and motorcycles. I finally retired at 45. Way to much pain.

I'm also an aeronautical buff and have unfortunately crashed planes 6 times. Fortunately none were to awful.

I still fly numerous times a week. Just much safer aircraft. No more home built or experimental aircraft for me.
It was obvious when I was no more than a few years old that I was prone to accidents. I just sold my motorcycles just over two years ago, and cancelled my health insurance. I've also got two squished discs (L3 and L4), but I went to a doctor who instructed me to take the painkillers he was prescribing to me for one month, and to do some exercises to strengthen my back every day for that month, and that after a month, I would no longer need the pain killers to continue doing the back exercises. He was right. As long as I do these exercises, I have nothing to worry about.

During a trip down to Nogales, NM one winter, I noticed that all my aches and pains disappeared, and then magically reappeared a few days later while I was up in Seattle. I really didn't have a clue just how much pain I was in until I experienced a complete cessation of pain followed by it re-emerging up north.

Then I eliminated wheat, corn, flour, fruit juices, dates, raisins, bananas, white rice, sugar, etc. from my diet, and proceeded to lose 150 lbs. in seven months. That's just from eliminating sugar from my diet. After having a standing diagnoses of congestive heart failure for over 15 years, my cardiologist, with a look of dumbfounded amazement; informed me that I no longer had congestive heart failure. This was only six months after my last office visit. I haven't seen any doctors in three years now, and don't plan on every seeing one ever again.

I've had well over a pound of flesh removed along with the cancers it surrounded. I've also watched way too many people die from chemo and radiation. There is no way I would ever subject myself to that nonsense, and at this point, there's no reason why any doctor would ever suggest it anymore. I'm cancer free, and will probably be cancer free for the rest of my life because my body is well oxygenated (cancer can't live in an oxygenated environment), and sugar free (cancer LOVES sugar).

I can also get significantly more stoned out of my mind just by eating a bowl of cornflakes, a slice of pizza, or even a few slices of watermelon than anything bought at a dispensary.

What I've discovered is that even though I don't eat any of that stuff anymore, I can wake up stoned out of my mind anyways. I'm literally high on life itself. I'm probably in better shape now than I was 30 years ago, and that's with all the broken bones, stitches, etc.

The body is incredibly resilient, and can completely recover if given half a chance. There's an incredible documentary by a woman named Nancy Appleton, titled "Sweet Suicide". There's a scene down in Papua New Guinea where they're looking at a tribe that has no outside contact with the rest of the world. No one in the tribe has any of the degenerative diseases that plague so many people in first world countries. The documentary shows these people in their 80's and 90's looking like they're in their 30's. They're happy, healthy, and ripped!

Not trying to be over bearing, but you haven't really answered the question directly?

Are "You" a Christian, Have you followed the actions as seen below in Roman 10:9-10?

I answered this in the affirmative the first time you asked me.

Not to sidetrack this....but! Where I come from it's an insult to ask a man if he's a Christian more than one time.

Lastly, either get back on the path or I'm done with you.

I answered this in the affirmative the first time you asked me.

Not to sidetrack this....but! Where I come from it's an insult to ask a man if he's a Christian more than one time.

Lastly, either get back on the path or I'm done with you.
I apologize for you any mis-understanding

You opened yourself up on a pedestal of free questions and answers, now I see retraction from this position?

Ok, so you hold Jesus Christ, God manifest in the flesh, "light of the world" and his written words as supreme authotity, you are a "Born Again" christian

We have established that Albert Pikes Morals and Dogma is authoritative within freemasonry, and "Was" handed out to initiates by governing authority within freemasonry

Last edited:
Back