Assignment for school (non-christians)

Pathfinder86

Worldview Questions:
(Origin question): How do you describe the origin of the human race and the world?
(Identity question): Who are “we” as the human race? Are we an accident? Do we have intrinsic value?
(Meaning/purpose question): What is the meaning and purpose of life?
(Morality question): Where does the idea of right and wrong come from?
(Destiny question): What do you think happens to people after they die? Do you believe in heaven and hell? Who decides or how does one get to heaven versus hell?
Apologetic Action Questions:
What is your opinion of Christians in general?
If a Christian were to sit down and talk with you about their faith, what would it take to convince you that it was worth looking into or accepting?

Pathfinder86

Sorry if this seems like an entrapment but I did not design the question, and am not looking to butt heads with anyone, just complete a task

HillsboroMom

Worldview Questions:
(Origin question): How do you describe the origin of the human race and the world?
I tend not to, because I'm not a scientist. But I accept what scientists say about the subject: Evolution.

(Identity question): Who are “we” as the human race? Are we an accident? Do we have intrinsic value?
Yes and yes.

I don't think this is a question that can be answered for everyone. I think each person has to figure this out for him or herself.

For me, I find meaning in my friends and family, in my community.

Unless a person is mentally ill (psychopathic), every one understands that causing harm to another person is wrong.

Conflict between two people's ideas of morality come when you question whether the long-term good is more important than short-term harm. For example, my son may think it causes him "harm" not to be allowed to play video games before he finishes my homework, and by enforcing this rule, I'm causing harm to him. Most people would recognize that the long-term good -- him learning discipline, the subject he's learning in school, and general respect for authority -- is more important than the short-term and relatively minor "harm" he experiences for not being allowed to play his video games. (Though he may not recognize it at the time.) I think any conflict in moral code can be broken down this way, if you try hard enough.

(Destiny question): What do you think happens to people after they die? Do you believe in heaven and hell? Who decides or how does one get to heaven versus hell?
I honestly don't know. I'd like to believe there is an afterlife wherein we will be reunited with our loved ones. I don't ***know,*** but I have faith.

Much like all humans, and any sub-group of humans you can find: some are basically good with some bad habits, some maybe worse with good intentions. Certainly a few at both extremes -- very good and very bad. And everything in between.

If a Christian were to sit down and talk with you about their faith, what would it take to convince you that it was worth looking into or accepting?
There's nothing a Christian could say or do to convince me. God is the only one who can change my mind, and he / she / it / they may do so whenever he / she / it / they want to.

balshan

Worldview Questions:
Can you show them the different theories and explain the meaning of theory. I do not sure what age group you are discussing with.

I mean I think right and wrong is really hard to explain. How do you explain child murders, I do not understand that they do not know it is wrong even though children do not have a full understanding of this concept.