Atheeist Russkies blow up churches 29,584 to less than 500

Authentic Nouveau

In the period between 1927 and 1940, the number of Orthodox Churches in the Russian Republic fell from 29,584 to less than 500

Nasty
Until 1929 the Russian Orthodox Church could help retired Clergy. Then it became against the law.

In an orthodox Atheeist Theocracy, times are brutal.

They killed 100,000 clergy.

Before WWII

Marx was a rabid heathen. Where 2 or 3 are gathered in the name of Atheism, someone is going to be miserable.

Authentic Nouveau

Looks at the atheeist white washing, displacement mechanism and Pravda propaganda.

Can you read Russian?

Mr Laurier

Member​

What is most interesting is that the vast majority of troops in the soviet army were uneducated peasant conscripts who believed in gods.
Most were christians, although a large proportion were muslim.
Atheism seems to have been more prevalent in the officers corps than among the enlisted personnel. And despite communism's promise to abolish class distinction, there had been little progress made by 1945. The common soldier was still a poorly educated, and deeply religious, peasant, with a wooden cross, hung from his neck on a string. Most could not read or write. But they sang the same hymns their great great great grandfathers sang as they marched against Napoleon in the previous century. And they hated the Germans. It was more than a taught hatred. It was an earned hatred. A hatred built on what the Germans had done to the Russian people from 1941 through 1944. Many had been too young to enlist when the invading Germans made them watch as their mothers and sisters were raped in the name of fascism and German "racial superiority". But now they were volunteering as soon as they were liberated by the red army. Full of rage and vengeance, they punished the Germans with a fitting revenge.
These devout Russian Orthodox Christians took full revenge as soon as they set foot on German soil. Raping any German woman they could find.
The largely atheist officers corps tried, and failed, to stop them... and then got the hell out of the way. There was nothing the communists could do to stop the religious peasant frontovik from getting revenge.
So how do atheists justify blowing up churches and killing clergy for many years before WWII?

They killed 100,000 clergy. Atheist hate and intolerance.

Whatsisface

Nasty
Until 1929 the Russian Orthodox Church could help retired Clergy. Then it became against the law.

Before WWII

Marx was a rabid heathen. Where 2 or 3 are gathered in the name of Atheism, someone is going to be miserable.
I bet you're the life and soul at parties.

Look, to cheer you up, here is an amusing cat video....

Nasty

Before WWII

I agree - that is awful. If atheism was a single, unified organization or religion I'd be angry. Luckily, atheism is not and this is just your continued straw man of what you want atheism to be.

However, I agree that atheists destroying churches is a terrible thing. Its like the Christians in the Central African Republic that have destroyed 436 Mosques over the past few years. Terrible...

Since they clash with the teachings of Jesus, they join all the other false claims.

Why do atheeists obey the Devil and claim Hitler was a Christian?
Oh - can we just say someone who worships Jesus is not really a Christian if we do not like their actions? OK. Then Stalin was not really an 'atheist' because he killed people. Atheists practice kindness so anyone who is cruel is not an atheist.

That seems circular but hey - your rules :)

Authentic Nouveau

Looks at the atheeist white washing, displacement mechanism and Pravda propaganda.

Can you read Russian?

So how do atheists justify blowing up churches and killing clergy for many years before WWII?

They killed 100,000 clergy. Atheist hate and intolerance.
The atheeist bruderhood is afraid of churches.

Nasty
Until 1929 the Russian Orthodox Church could help retired Clergy. Then it became against the law. In an orthodox Atheeist Theocracy, times are brutal. They killed 100,000 clergy.
if the Christian God is real then he watched this happen and did nothing to stop it, right? So does that mean that killing 100,000 clergy was part of God's plan? Are atheists able to do things in this world that are against God's plan? Is God unable to stop the atheists?

Why would a loving God allow atheists to murder his clergy?

I think the massacre of 100,000 clergy is an abomination - I do not care if it was done by atheists, Christians, or Pagans. I think that is evil.

However, if you believe God is love and he is all-powerful then it's hard to be against the killing since God allowed it to happen.