Atheeists rely on speculationism to overcome abiogenesis a proven deal breaker.

Electric Skeptic

I know a lot of things.
So, if you need me to focus on what you think I'm supposed to think, you're going to have to tell me what it is.

I disagree.
Building a fence is the very epitome of reality.
Which, again, is completely irrelevant. A stupid, misleading thread with a ridiculous question proves nothing whatsoever. If you really think that that thread proved anything you are sorely deluded.

SteveB

You ran from that thread just as you've run from the thread set-up to teach you about evolution.

Which is exactly what everyone predicted you'd do.

I noticed you were among those who never bothered answering my question about the fence, so I find your accusation hilarious.

Nouveau

I noticed you were among those who never bothered answering my question about the fence, so I find your accusation hilarious.
Then you noticed wrongly. I directly answered your question.

Should I post a link so you can pretend you can't see it, like last time you lied about me not answering?

SteveB

Which, again, is completely irrelevant. A stupid, misleading thread with a ridiculous question proves nothing whatsoever. If you really think that that thread proved anything you are sorely deluded.
If what I said was a lie, you would've had no reason to justify yourself.
I never chased anyone here down. But here we are, you've chased me down, and are ranting about it.
Seems to me that you've recognized the problem, just as I've described it, and need to justify yourself, instead of simply stopping the practice, which I've stated is a problem.

Electric Skeptic

Of course, because it was stupid and proved nothing. It certainly doesn't support your assinine claim that atheists don't deal with reality.

But then you're getting quite a record for making assinine claims and providing not the slightest support for them.

Electric Skeptic

If what I said was a lie, you would've had no reason to justify yourself.
What you said was false and I've not tried to justify myself, because I've no need to.
I never chased anyone here down. But here we are, you've chased me down, and are ranting about it.
I guess we can put 'chased down' as a phrase the meaning of which you don't know. Posting on a forum is not chasing anyone down.
Seems to me that you've recognized the problem, just as I've described it, and need to justify yourself, instead of simply stopping the practice, which I've stated is a problem.
Once again what 'seems' to you has no resemblance to reality. You've not described anything; you've made some idiotic claims for which you've provided zero support.

SteveB

What you said was false and I've not tried to justify myself, because I've no need to.
And yet here we are, on an entirely different op, and you're justifying yourself.
I guess we can put 'chased down' as a phrase the meaning of which you don't know. Posting on a forum is not chasing anyone down.

Once again what 'seems' to you has no resemblance to reality. You've not described anything; you've made some idiotic claims for which you've provided zero support.

Nouveau

Will I get an apology when you've been shown once again to have made a false claim about what another person has said or done?

Will you even acknowledge having made a mistake?

Last edited:

Electric Skeptic

And yet here we are, on an entirely different op, and you're justifying yourself.
Umm...no. Do you know what it means to justify oneself? I've done nothing remotely resembling it.

But it's amusing to watch you try to put your own failure back on me somehow.

Nouveau

Will I get an apology when you've been shown once again to have made a false claim about what another person has said or done?

Will you even acknowledge having made a mistake?
These questions weren't meant as rhetorical.

Anyway, here's were I answered your question that you just claimed I never answered.

Nouveau

I got that.
It seems he's trolling, because he has no idea how to actually engage in conversation.
It's not trolling to point out your error. Do I get my apology now? Or do you think it is okay to lie about what others have said?

Authentic Nouveau

Dick Dawkins and his crock on abiogenesis

..no life, no biology, only physics and chemistry, and the details of the Earth’s chemistry were very different. Most, though not all, of the informed speculation begins in what has been called the primeval soup, a weak broth of simple organic chemicals in the sea. Nobody knows how it happened but, somehow, without violating the laws of physics and chemistry, a molecule arose that just happened to have the property of self-copying—a replicator. This may seem like a big stroke of luck... Freakish or not, this kind of luck does happen... [and] it had to happen only once... What is more, as far as we know, it may have happened on only one planet out of a billion billion planets in the universe. Of course many people think that it actually happened on lots and lots of planets, but we only have evidence that it happened on one planet, after a lapse of half a billion to a billion years. So the sort of lucky event we are looking at could be so wildly improbable that the chances of its happening, somewhere in the universe, could be as low as one in a billion billion billion in any one year. If it did happen on only one planet, anywhere in the universe, that planet has to be our planet—because here we are talking about it (Dawkins, 1996, pp. 282–283, emphasis in original).

Weasel words

Authentic Nouveau

You and your komrades get all frustrated on the abiogenesis thread. You don't know enough science to grasp the deal breakers to evoStory.

SteveB

It's not trolling to point out your error. Do I get my apology now? Or do you think it is okay to lie about what others have said?
You haven't actually pointed anything out though.
the only thing you're doing is shaming yourself.