Atheist claims Hitler evidence of being Christian is a belt buckle.

Authentic Nouveau

I have a rodeo belt buckle.

Atheist pulpit pounding can't explain why their Hitler hated Jews. Jesus is a Jew. The 12 were Jews. King David. a Jew.

"Gott mitt Uns" Belt Buckle. Your President Hillary tattoo didn't land her in The Whitehouse. Jesus says Hitler is of the Devil. John 8:44

The evidence is God let Nazi lose. Our local Nazis claim Hitler was a "Christian" The don't know Jesus alone decides who is Born Again.

Mr Laurier

No atheist has ever claimed any such thing. Try again.

Atheist pulpit pounding is imaginary. Hitler hated jews because jew killed Jesus.

Lacking a "President Hillary" tattoo, I know that Jesus never said a word about Hitler.

Ummm No. That was Hitler who let, or rather set up, Nazis to lose. His policies were self defeating. Of course there was Zhukov.
The reason Nazis claim Hitler was a christian, is because he was a christian.

One of the first laws passed by the Hitler administration, was a religious duty law that required all Germans to profess christianity. And which made atheism illegal.

Authentic Nouveau

No atheist has ever claimed any such thing. Try again.

Atheist pulpit pounding is imaginary. Hitler hated jews because jew killed Jesus.

Lacking a "President Hillary" tattoo, I know that Jesus never said a word about Hitler.

Ummm No. That was Hitler who let, or rather set up, Nazis to lose. His policies were self defeating. Of course there was Zhukov.
The reason Nazis claim Hitler was a christian, is because he was a christian.

One of the first laws passed by the Hitler administration, was a religious duty law that required all Germans to profess christianity. And which made atheism illegal.
Spokesman for Hitler?

Your unit will never get permission to call Hitler a liar.

Why should we believe your claims about Hitler?
I can read German for myself.

Jesus said he was of the Devil. Like Darwin.

Ficciones

"I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews I am fighting for the Lord’s work."

- Adolph Hitler, Speech, Reichstag, 1936

Mr Laurier

Spokesman for Hitler?

Your unit will never get permission to call Hitler a liar.

Why should we believe your claims about Hitler?
I can read German for myself.

Jesus said he was of the Devil. Like Darwin.
Huh?

My unit? What unit is that? And why would we need permission to call him a liar?
I'm truely interested in this unit. I want details. My enlistment date. My rank, etc etc etc....

Ummm. Because they are not mine. They are EVERY HISTORIAN WHO EVER RESEARCHED THE MAN!
And?

Huh?
Neither Jesus, nor Darwin lived long enough to see Hitler rise to power. Both died before he was even born.

The Pixie

Atheist pulpit pounding can't explain why their Hitler hated Jews. Jesus is a Jew. The 12 were Jews. King David. a Jew.

"Gott mitt Uns" Belt Buckle. Your President Hillary tattoo didn't land her in The Whitehouse. Jesus says Hitler is of the Devil. John 8:44

The evidence is God let Nazi lose. Our local Nazis claim Hitler was a "Christian" The don't know Jesus alone decides who is Born Again.
Hitler's own words:
My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.
In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross.
- My New Order, Hitler, 1922

Hitler's own words:
My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.
In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepaest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross.
- My New Order, Hitler, 1922
So a man capable of gassing 6 million Jews would NEVER lie, right?

By their fruits ye shall know them. The fruits?

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. ..."

So which of the above are manifested in the extermination of 6 million Jews? Was he patient about it? Did he gas them gently?

Hypatia_Alexandria

No the roots of western anti-Semitism can be found in various New Testament texts. The Nazis utilised centuries long antipathy amongst Christians towards the Jews. And let us not forget all those good Christians who were members of the Nazi Party.

The Pixie

So a man capable of gassing 6 million Jews would NEVER lie, right?
Anti-Semitism has been rife in Christianity for centuries. For example, Martin Luther, the guy who founded Protestantism, and a hero of Hitler's, advocated burning down Jewish schools and synagogues.

All (or nearly all) those Nazis who were running the concentration camps were Christians - Germany was 94% Christian at the start of the war.

By their fruits ye shall know them. The fruits?

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. ..."
So when I see a poster on CARM whose spirit is not one of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control I can safely assume he is not a Christian?

Would you say your spiritual fruits are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control? How about Authentic Nouveau's posts? No. Not by a long way.

So which of the above are manifested in the extermination of 6 million Jews? Was he patient about it? Did he gas them gently?
Do you think Martin Luther's spiritual fruit, his demand to burn down Jewish schools and synagogues was loving, joyful and peaceful?

What about Saint John Chrysostom, whose homilies have been described as "the most horrible and violent denunciations of Judaism to be found in the writings of a Christian theologian"? He got canonised, and yet his fruits were hardly those you describe.

I claimed that you cannot call the Nazi's atheist since there is so much evidence that the vast majority of them, Hitler included, were Christian. My empirical evidence was not just a belt buckle:

1. God was part of the Nazi uniform: All Nazi's wore a belt buckle that said "Gott Mitt Uns". When your army wears "God is with us" as part of a uniform it is hard to argue that they are atheist.
  2. Hitler talked about his belief in God: Hitler referred to God and the creator several times in Mein Kampf - again, hard to argue he was an atheist if he talked about following God's will.
  3. Germans were Christian: The last census they took before WWII showed over 80% of Germans identified as Christian. Hard to say they were all atheist 3 years later.
There are more examples but these three examples seem sufficient to conclude that it is very hard to say the Nazi's were some kind of atheistic nation. I think you can argue that Stalin's USSR was an atheistic nation. I think you can argue that communist China is an atheistic nation. Both of those nations actively persecute Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, and all theists - they burn holy books and destroy churches.

But the Nazi's did not do that.

Anti-Semitism has been rife in Christianity for centuries. For example, Martin Luther, the guy who founded Protestantism, and a hero of Hitler's, advocated burning down Jewish schools and synagogues.

What's Luther's bigotry have to do with your false claim about Hitler?

All (or nearly all) those Nazis who were running the concentration camps were Christians - Germany was 94% Christian at the start of the war.
Prove it.

So when I see a poster on CARM whose spirit is not one of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control I can safely assume he is not a Christian?

Correct.
Would you say your spiritual fruits are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control

Some, yeah, some, no. But killing 6 million Jews? Not something I'd ever do.