Atheist claims Hitler evidence of being Christian is a belt buckle.

The Pixie

What's Luther's bigotry have to do with your false claim about Hitler?

Are you claiming Hitler did not say this in his book My New Order?

My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter.
In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross.

You can find the quote on this Christian web site.

Luther, a Christian who founded Protestantism, was vehemently anti-Semitic. He pretty much wrote the blueprint for the Holocaust:

Accordingly, it must and dare not be considered a trifling matter but a most serious one to seek counsel against this and to save our souls from the Jews, that is, from the devil and from eternal death. My advice, as I said earlier, is:
First, that their synagogues be burned down, and that all who are able toss sulphur and pitch; it would be good if someone could also throw in some hellfire...
Second, that all their books-- their prayer books, their Talmudic writings, also the entire Bible-- be taken from them, not leaving them one leaf, and that these be preserved for those who may be converted...
Third, that they be forbidden on pain of death to praise God, to give thanks, to pray, and to teach publicly among us and in our country...
Fourth, that they be forbidden to utter the name of God within our hearing. For we cannot with a good conscience listen to this or tolerate it...
Martin Luther (On the Jews and Their Lies)

Furthermore, we have Hitler's own words telling us he held Luther in very high regard:

To them belong, not only the truly great statesmen, but all other great reformers as well. Beside Frederick the Great stands Martin Luther as well as Richard Wagner.
Adolf Hitler, "Mein Kampf", Vol. 1, Chapter 8

You are a Protestant Christian, right? You follow the religion of Martin Luther?

Prove it.

No problem.

The German census of May 1939 indicates that 54 percent of Germans considered themselves Protestant and 40 percent considered themselves Catholic
Robert P. Ericksen, Susannah Heschel, "Betrayal: German Churches and the Holocaust", page 10

Just to be clear, 54 plus 40 is 94, so 94% of Germans in 1939 considered themselves to be Christian. That means the vast majority of Nazi considered themselves to be Christians. That means the guys in the concentration camps gassing Jews considered themselves to be Christians.

Some, yeah, some, no. But killing 6 million Jews? Not something I'd ever do.
So the difference between you and the Nazi Christians was just one of degree, I am sure many of them were - like you - sometimes joyful, patient and peaceful. And sometimes - again like you - were not.

stiggy wiggy

Are you claiming Hitler did not say this in his book My New Order?

Of course a man who killed 6 million Jews would NEVER lie. LOL

You are a Protestant Christian, right?

Right.
You follow the religion of Martin Luther?

Nope. I don't follow any religion.
That means the guys in the concentration camps gassing Jews considered themselves to be Christians
That means they were? If I considered myself to be a key lime pie, I'd be one? And whoops, you failed to quote one guy who gassed a Jew, who called himself a Christian.
So the difference between you and the Nazi Christians was just one of degree.

Hilarious. I love Jews and Hitler tried to exterminate them. Antarctica must be a tropical continent since it only differs from the Bahamas by degree. About 200 Fahrenheit of them.

Last edited:

Mr Laurier

That means they were? If I considered myself to be a key lime pie, I'd be one? And whoops, you failed to quote one guy who gassed a Jew, who called himself a Christian.
No. The fact that they believed in a god named Jesus, who was born to a virgin named Mary, meant they were christians.
You would be an idiot. Not a pie.
"We are christians"
Franz Stangl

Hypatia_Alexandria

I feel a few caveats are required. Luther did not start out rabidly anti-Semitic. He was, initially, tolerant to the Jews and more so than many of his contemporaries. However, when they stubbornly refused to convert to Christianity he turned against them
Correct. Did you intend to ask that?
You have stated you do not follow any "religion".

Christianity is a religion, isn't it?

stiggy wiggy

I feel a few caveats are required. Luther did not start out rabidly anti-Semitic. He was, initially, tolerant to the Jews and more so than many of his contemporaries. However, when they stubbornly refused to convert to Christianity he turned against them

You have stated you do not follow any "religion".

Christianity is a religion, isn't it?
I don't "follow" it. I try to follow Jesus Christ.

Mr Laurier

Where? Your imagination doesn't count.
Anthony Beevor's Stalingrad, and Fall of Berlin 45.
Churchill's History of the Second World War.
The memoirs of every German veteran who survived the war.
The official field reports and day books of every battalion commander in the Heer and Luftwaffe. And the logs of every ship in the Kriegsmarine.

Alas, not my imagination though.

stiggy wiggy

Anthony Beevor's Stalingrad, and Fall of Berlin 45.
Churchill's History of the Second World War.
The memoirs of every German veteran who survived the war.
The official field reports and day books of every battalion commander in the Heer and Luftwaffe. And the logs of every ship in the Kriegsmarine.

Alas, not my imagination though.

You're supposed to be supplying quotes from nazis about how they believed in a god named Jesus, who was born to a virgin named Mary. Hop to it.

Mr Laurier

What every single one? Even the crooks like Bernie Madoff?
Alas, some people must worship a whole other religion. Oblivious to the fact that jews are individuals. And as such some are of a less noble nature.
Blindly worshiping all jews no matter their character, is as foolish as blindly hating all jews. Neither is indicative of any degree of self honesty.