Atheist claims Hitler evidence of being Christian is a belt buckle.

Mr Laurier

You're supposed to be supplying quotes from nazis about how they believed in a god named Jesus, who was born to a virgin named Mary. Hop to it.
No. I'm supposed to be proving that WW2 era Germans were mostly christians. And I've done this. As have countless previous people.

stiggy wiggy

No. I'm supposed to be proving that WW2 era Germans were mostly christians. And I've done this.

WRONG!
You're supposed to be supplying quotes from nazis about how they believed in a god named Jesus, who was born to a virgin named Mary. Hop to it.

Mr Laurier

An old, and now long dead, friend of mine. Mr Christopher Henrich, served in a German cavalry regiment from 1940, through 1943, and an ad-hock battalion thereafter until his surrender to the Canadian 2nd division in Holland, in 1945
His regiment was re-assignated mechanized recon for Barbarossa. And was assigned to AG North.
Re-assigned in September, to AG center, and sent south to Ukraine. His regiment was later thrown into the dash for Moscow.
He got within sight of Moscow on late '41, and saw the city from a tree.
Re-assigned again to AG south in the spring of '42, he saw action throughout the advance to Stalingrad.
He was on the last plane out from Stalingrad, And saw later action at Kursk.
After the June '44 landings in France, he was rushed west, probably in July or August. And was out of the line until October. He was sent to Holland on October to stop the Canadian Corps. He surrendered in January of '45.

He was very open about life in Germany during this period.

Hypatia_Alexandria

Alas, some people must worship a whole other religion. Oblivious to the fact that jews are individuals. And as such some are of a less noble nature.
Blindly worshiping all jews no matter their character, is as foolish as blindly hating all jews. Neither is indicative of any degree of self honesty.
It's a patronising form of paternalism which I suspect many Jews might find rather offensive.

Hypatia_Alexandria

My connection is with Jesus Christ. To quote Dylan, He's "got a tight connection to my heart."
You follow the Christian deity and [presumably] accept and believe the basic tenets of the Christian religion i.e. the Trinity, virgin birth, resurrection.

You therefore follow a religion and that religion is Christianity.

stiggy wiggy

You follow the Christian deity and [presumably] accept and believe the basic tenets of the Christian religion i.e. the Trinity, virgin birth, resurrection.

You therefore follow a religion and that religion is Christianity.
Idiotic. If I follow a Ford pickup truck on the road, it doesn't mean I follow Ford Motor Company.

Mr Laurier

Stop hallucinating goalposts.You're supposed to be supplying quotes from nazis about how they believed in a god named Jesus, who was born to a virgin named Mary. Hop to it.
No Stiggy.
I'm supposed to point out the facts. Not cater to your absurd demands.
I pointed out the facts.
I am not your pet monkey.

Hypatia_Alexandria

FAO all contributors to this thread
From reading some of the comments in this exchange, both sides in my opinion, are making some very generalised and sweeping statements about the Nazis and Christianity.

This is an incredibly complex subject [on which entire books have been written] and yet some correspondents are attempting to define it within a few sentences, by making facile demands, using selected instances, or anecdote.

Authentic Nouveau

No. I'm supposed to be proving that WW2 era Germans were mostly christians. And I've done this. As have countless previous people.
So in your world of evo Make believe, Darwinist Hitler KILLINGS of thousands/millions of Christians and Catholics and priests and clergy is evidence he was a "Christian"?

Mr Laurier

So in your world of evo Make believe, Darwinist Hitler KILLINGS of thousands/millions of Christians and Catholics and priests and clergy is evidence he was a "Christian"?
Well given that I have no such world.... No.
Bit again, we are not talking abut your "Darwinist Hitler". We are talking about real people. Like ADOLF Hitler. A man who was baptized as a child, educated in a church school, and never renounced is faith.
Keeping in mind that Adolf Hitler made it illegal to NOT be a christian in Germany...