Atheist or Agnostic

None of the people you are talking about act as if a God controls the world.

You are whom I'm taking about. You're an atheist. Obviously you don't act as if God controls the world.

They act in response to how the world actually works. They’ve punted God to the afterlife ever since apocalyptic Judaism became a *thing*.

Who the hell are you squawking about? Who are "they?" Why not quote "them" punting?

In fact, they don’t even act as if their perceived afterlife is a *thing* either because they keep pushing out babies knowing that the major percentage of them will be damned in the afterlife.

So can you quote these "them" expressing those thought? Does their alleged insanity scare little nickel boy?

Sane people don’t act like that. If the malady were something real like a critical birth defect they refrain thus showing me that they don’t really believe that either.

So your new default position is "Christians don't really believe what they say they do, so I'm flip-flopping on my previous charge that they are insane, they're just liars 'cause I can read their minds."

You're now so inextricably tangled in your own bull**** that a crowbar and a high powered wet-vac couldn't pry you loose.

There is a lot of nonsensical latitude offered in a belief system that claims no bearing on this life, and no way way of knowing or showing whether what they believe about the next is true.

Man, you're a drag. How do you finish typing crap like that without nodding off?

Then why did the early church fathers launch a defense of Christianity via convoluted apologetics and hermeneutics?

That's a good question.

From my experience, apologists have to deal with questions regarding what's NOT written in the Bible; as opposed to what IS written within Its pages.

For example, no one would ask what happened to Judas, as it states clearly that he went out and hanged himself.

But what they WILL ask for, is an explanation of the "contradictory" statements that he both hanged himself, and died falling "headlong."

Something they say is a near violation of the laws of physics.

That too is a good question.

So, to answer that, I give them the "convoluted apologetic" that Judas hanged himself upside down, which is a valid explanation.

You are whom I'm taking about. You're an atheist. Obviously you don't act as if God controls the world.
No. We are addressing Christians whom you claim I think are insane.
Who the hell are you squawking about? Who are "they?" Why not quote "them" punting?
Christians that defer justice, grace and mercy to the afterlife, or course. No reason to quote them. It is their well documented dogma.
So can you quote these "them" expressing those thought?
Read what Jesus and Paul say about the afterlife.
Does their alleged insanity scare little nickel boy?
Nope.
So your new default position is "Christians don't really believe what they say they do, so I'm flip-flopping on my previous charge that they are insane, they're just liars 'cause I can read their minds."
I’m not sure you have me on record as saying they are wholly insane in mind and action. I’m sure every post you might want to dig up will be focused on a belief, and not the way they actually act in the real world. If my dentist wants to punt justice to the afterlife, fine, just pull my tooth now. He knows how that works, right?
You're now so inextricably tangled in your own bull**** that a crowbar and a high powered wet-vac couldn't pry you loose.
Nah. I don’t feel that in the least. As I said, you don’t act as if there is a god that controls your reality either now or in the afterlife.
Man, you're a drag.
Oh well.
How do you finish typing crap like that without nodding off?
Because it’s kind of fun pwning your beliefs, and how you really don’t act like you believe them at all.

C'mon, guys.

Life's too short for this.
Pugnacious rhetoric is fun for the both of us. It’s our medium of choice with each other. I actually look forward to it with him. I don’t have to do much to get it out of him... a few extra verbs and adjectives usually do the trick.

Last edited:
That's a good question.

From my experience, apologists have to deal with questions regarding what's NOT written in the Bible; as opposed to what IS written within Its pages.

For example, no one would ask what happened to Judas, as it states clearly that he went out and hanged himself.

But what they WILL ask for, is an explanation of the "contradictory" statements that he both hanged himself, and died falling "headlong."

Something they say is a near violation of the laws of physics.

That too is a good question.

So, to answer that, I give them the "convoluted apologetic" that Judas hanged himself upside down, which is a valid explanation.
Correct. This puts them in a terrible position of being fallibly human, but having to cover for the communication failures of a god that supposedly works under verbal plenary inspiration.

It doesn’t wash logically or with credibility to witnessed reality, so rules are made up like you have where if the Bible says x, science says y.... etc.... which don’t make sense in the world revealed to us either.

The exercise of grinding a god concept into a world that reveals itself to us over time is grinding god to a pulp.

Pugnacious rhetoric is fun for the both of us. It’s our medium of choice with each other. I actually look forward to it with him. I don’t have to do much to get it out of him... a few extra verbs and adjectives usually do the trick.

Okie dokie.

Correct. This puts them in a terrible position of being fallibly human, but having to cover for the communication failures of a god that supposedly works under verbal plenary inspiration.

I wouldn't exactly call it communication failure.

After all ...

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

And there are ALWAYS going to be questions that aren't expressly addressed in Scripture.

It doesn’t wash logically or with credibility to witnessed reality,

But "witnessed reality" changes with the weather.

Things give way to other things:
  • geocentrism → heliocentrism
  • alchemy → chemistry
  • phlogiston theory → combustion
  • so on → so forth
That was then, this is now.

But the Bible, as we say, contains "timeless truths."

so rules are made up like you have where if the Bible says x, science says y.... etc.... which don’t make sense in the world revealed to us either.

Will you at least agree that it gives a deeper insight into how some think?

The exercise of grinding a god concept into a world that reveals itself to us over time is grinding god to a pulp.

Matthew 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

To demonstrate this to children, take an egg shell and drop it on the Bible and see what happens.

Then take the Bible and drop it on an egg shell.

Simple but effective.

I wouldn't exactly call it communication failure.

After all ...

Deuteronomy 29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.

And there are ALWAYS going to be questions that aren't expressly addressed in Scripture.

But "witnessed reality" changes with the weather.

Things give way to other things:
  • geocentrism → heliocentrism
  • alchemy → chemistry
  • phlogiston theory → combustion
  • so on → so forth
That was then, this is now.
This is certainly not the case. The world has always revealed itself to us in the way it does. You are outlining the errors of human perception that are honed over time. One of the honings that you missed was superstitious conclusion-> reasonable conclusion.
But the Bible, as we say, contains "timeless truths."
Not really. We work the sabbath, we don’t stone adulterers, and we mix fabrics.
Will you at least agree that it gives a deeper insight into how some think?
Yes
Matthew 21:44 And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

To demonstrate this to children, take an egg shell and drop it on the Bible and see what happens.

Then take the Bible and drop it on an egg shell.

Simple but effective.
Cute metaphor, but not accurate as to what really happens over time to superstitions.

This is certainly not the case. The world has always revealed itself to us in the way it does. You are outlining the errors of human perception that are honed over time. One of the honings that you missed was superstitious conclusion-> reasonable conclusion.

Not really. We work the sabbath, we don’t stone adulterers, and we mix fabrics.

Yes

Cute metaphor, but not accurate as to what really happens over time to superstitions.
Well evolution is just false science and superstitions.

Back