Atheists Name your most superior prophet

SteveB

Another nonsense thread. Atheism isn't a religion; no prophets and the 4 horsemen are a feature of Christianity, not atheism.
Really?
Because that's not what Chris Hitchens thought.

The theme is popular enough on google to return 226,000 hits.

Post his prophesy and how detail showed it happened.

elaborate on the 4 horsemen. Athe religious icons. 4 minus 1.
Atheism is a lack of belief in gods. It is not a belief, a belief system, or even a unified philosophy. There are no prophets or holy books. But you know this because we have told you countless times.

You could say atheism is a non-prophet organization.

:)

Now Secular Humanism is a belief system and philosophy. Common heroes of Secular Humanists are people like Martin Luther King Jr, Gandhi, Socrates, Plato, Galileo, and anyone who preached reason and logic over faith and superstition, anyone who preached kindness over violence.

The non-prophet thing is going to make me laugh for the rest of the day. I think I saw it on a bumper sticker.

Temujin

with a word like Authie, I'm thinking we need a copy of your grammar class course work.
Don't be silly. Affectionate(?) diminutives are perfectly grammatical. The OP title on the other hand is virtually illiterate.

SteveB

Don't be silly. Affectionate(?) diminutives are perfectly grammatical. The OP title on the other hand is virtually illiterate.
Yeah, atheists on this forum strike me as anything BUT affectionate towards those with whom they disagree.

Temujin

Yeah, atheists on this forum strike me as anything BUT affectionate towards those with whom they disagree.
Again, don't be silly. The poster in question is positively venomous, and while being unintentionally hilarious is also one of the most unlovable characters ever invented.

I say invented for obvious reasons.

SteveB

Atheism is a lack of belief in gods. It is not a belief, a belief system, or even a unified philosophy. There are no prophets or holy books. But you know this because we have told you countless times.
Yet, clearly the "four horsemen" think you need prophets.

Not according to the four horsemen. And from what I've observed, they're the four profiteers of atheism.

Now Secular Humanism is a belief system and philosophy. Common heroes of Secular Humanists are people like Martin Luther King Jr, Gandhi, Socrates, Plato, Galileo, and anyone who preached reason and logic over faith and superstition, anyone who preached kindness over violence.

The non-prophet thing is going to make me laugh for the rest of the day. I think I saw it on a bumper sticker.
🤔 MLK Jr and Galileo as secular humanists..... now THAT I find hilarious :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Especially since both were ordained pastor/priest.

So..... If you really believe they were secular humanists, I'm curious what your definition of secular humanist actually is.

Authentic Nouveau

You believe what you posted? That means you commented on your belief system.

Yet, clearly the "four horsemen" think you need prophets.
Sorry Steve - I do not get this reference.
Not according to the four horsemen. And from what I've observed, they're the four profiteers of atheism.
There are lots of atheists who write books and give speeches. That does not make them leaders or profits of an atheist movement.
🤔 MLK Jr and Galileo as secular humanists..... now THAT I find hilarious :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Especially since both were ordained pastor/priest.
People do not have to be atheists to inspire me. I do not admire these men for their religious beliefs. I admire them for the secular ideas of peaceful resistance, kindness to even those who hate you, and their drive for peace among men.

Newton and Darwin were devout Christians. I still can admire their secular ideas and not really listen to their religious ideas just fine.
So..... If you really believe they were secular humanists, I'm curious what your definition of secular humanist actually is.
I do not believe they were secular humanists. But I believe much of what they said can inspire secular humanists. Heck I think a lot of what Jesus Christ said can inspire secular humanists.

I read a lot of different philosophies and religions - Hindu, Christian, Muslim, humanist, capitalist, communist, liberal, conservative - I do not have to agree with everyone someone says to be inspired. We can take the parts that help us be better and leave the rest.

For example, I find this inspiring:

"He who loves money will not be satisfied with money, nor he who loves wealth with his income; this also is vanity." -- Ecclesiastes 5:10

You believe what you posted? That means you commented on your belief system.
Yes - I thought I'd help you out. You seem to want to compare Christianity to the beliefs of atheists. Well, atheists have no beliefs. However, Secular Humanism is a belief system. Not everyone atheists is a humanist but I am and many are.

So I thought I'd share my belief system so you can make comparisons if you like. I am happy to explain or defend and of my Secular Humanism beliefs if it helps the conversation. It would give you an actual secular belief system for comparison.