Atheists Who Celebrate All The Good That God Causes , , , , ,

Gary Mac

incorrect.
and Love is a concept.
It is only a concept for those who do not have it.
That love is not a belief is not the difference between you and I.
Absouetly it is.
Your BELIEF/position that love is not a belief is a difference between you and because I don't share that belief.
You cant know that what you dont have.

You are exactly as the Catholic, Baptists, Methodists, Muslims, AOGs, COCs, where all of these as you has made their own laws to govern their beliefs of a god. Just different laws to govern their beliefs. And again these nor you can know that what you dont have.

bigthinker

It is a religious view, and you have established your laws to establish your beliefs. Youor religion says there is no God.
(sigh)... no it doesn't.
But I do see ive been on both sides of that mountain. I know what it is to believe as you do and I know what it is for Love to be manifest in me. You however only know what is on your side of that mountain and only speculate what is on the other side from lack in going there yourself. You comment in total ignorance.
Well, since I've been a believer, I know what it's like to be where you are.
And I am not going to call the SPirit of Love God for you because you do not understand that Love is a SPirit, Love never changes, it is the same yesterday as it is today and will be the same tomorrow. Love is not an object for worship, Love is the disposition of the beholder of. You cant govern it by law as you have done, you cant change it, but you can reject it cant you and say it doesnt exist.
Whatever you want to believe is true for you, in your imagination.
Whatever verifiable facts I accept as true are true in reality, not just for me but for everyone, regardless of their beliefs.
That's the difference.

bigthinker

It is only a concept for those who do not have it.

Absouetly it is.

You cant know that what you dont have.

You are exactly as the Catholic, Baptists, Methodists, Muslims, AOGs, COCs, where all of these as you has made their own laws to govern their beliefs of a god. Just different laws to govern their beliefs. And again these nor you can know that what you dont have.
Whatever you believe is true in your own imagination. I am not in your imagination and am therefore limited by reality -by what is demonstrably and factually true.

bigthinker

What is true?
If you're asking for a definition of the word:
True: Consistent with fact or reality; not false or erroneous: synonym: real.

If you are asking how a truth claim is determined, it is determined by testing and is independently verifiable, the results repeatable -regardless of opinion or belief and truth is (most importantly) falsifiable. Falsifiable simply means there must be a way to prove a claim is not true/correct which simply means there must be a way to test it.

bigthinker

It doesn't appear to bother you -
Yeah, I guess I deal pretty well without self-delusion.
As I questioned my beliefs and had them slowly unravel in front of me -like pulling on a loose thread of a sweater,
It was a bit emotional. Letting go of the idea of living forever was probably the biggest part. But as I embraced reality it got better. Sure, I still wouldn't mind if death wasn't the end but I wasn't aware prior to birth and there is no reason to think death is any different. I don't fear death; its more the road leading up to it is the unpleasant part.

Bob Carabbio

As I questioned my beliefs and had them slowly unravel in front of me -like pulling on a loose thread of a sweater,
It was a bit emotional. Letting go of the idea of living forever was probably the biggest part. But as I embraced reality it got better. Sure, I still wouldn't mind if death wasn't the end but I wasn't aware prior to birth and there is no reason to think death is any different. I don't fear death; its more the road leading up to it is the unpleasant part.
And that's a fact - being 78 isn't bad, until you try to act like you're 45, and pay the physical price for that -

bigthinker

And that's a fact - being 78 isn't bad, until you try to act like you're 45, and pay the physical price for that -
yeah. I feel the same way at 48, some of the aches just don't seem to go away like they used to.
As a critical thinker who prefers knowledge over belief, I may have to make an exception: age is just a state of mind.
;-)

Gary Mac

(sigh)... no it doesn't.

Is not the laws you have established say there is no God?
Well, since I've been a believer, I know what it's like to be where you are.
David Koresh, Jim Jones, even Hitler said he was a believer and the reason these did what they did. Was you a baliever as these were or did you have your own beliefs as these did?

Your laws you have satabnlish will not allow you to be where I Am at all. You cant realte to me at all. That ios very obvious.
Whatever you want to believe is true for you, in your imagination.
For you Love is only an imagination with no realty to sustain your beliefs of it at all. As for me the manifestatiomn of is who I Am. .
Whatever verifiable facts I accept as true are true in reality, not just for me but for everyone, regardless of their beliefs.
That's the difference.
As I stated David Koresh, Jim Jones, Hitler, had verified facts as their truths in reality regardless of of their beliefs didnt they? And yes just as yourself has a difference. That doesnt mean they or you are of Love it only means as you say that you dont believe Love as viable .

Gary Mac

One cant know he is delusional unless he knows both sides of an equation. Revelation can be mistaken through beliefs instead of the manifestation of.

Gary Mac

Well, I don't think that's accurate.
I expect most believers would find the result of being unwilling to delude oneself rather discomforting.
Unwilling to seek out that what one is ignorant in causes the discomfort. In spiritual terms that is refered to as conviction.

bigthinker

Is not the laws you have established say there is no God?
no.
I'm not sure how your mind processes information but I'm intrigued.

why don't you tell me about the laws I've created? I'm interested to find out what you think they are.
David Koresh, Jim Jones, even Hitler said he was a believer and the reason these did what they did. Was you a baliever as these were or did you have your own beliefs as these did?

Your laws you have satabnlish will not allow you to be where I Am at all. You cant realte to me at all. That ios very obvious.

For you Love is only an imagination with no realty to sustain your beliefs of it at all. As for me the manifestatiomn of is who I Am. .

As I stated David Koresh, Jim Jones, Hitler, had verified facts as their truths in reality regardless of of their beliefs didnt they? And yes just as yourself has a difference. That doesnt mean they or you are of Love it only means as you say that you dont believe Love as viable .
I'm reasonably certain that I cannot relate to you. Probably not for the reasons you think I cannot. though.

Gary Mac

no.
I'm not sure how your mind processes information but I'm intrigued.
why don't you tell me about the laws I've created? I'm interested to find out what you think they are.
It is simple, you say there is no God. If that isnt law that you follow then what is it?
I'm reasonably certain that I cannot relate to you. Probably not for the reasons you think I cannot. though.
Point being exactly. How can you dictate to me about a god when you cant relate to one at all?

Gary Mac

No, I do not believe in God.
I lack belief in God; I do not have a belief in God. That does not mean that I believe God doesn't exist.
Ok If God exists as you say -- then you say you dont believe in God -- something isn't adding up here. Either you believe in God and then flat out reject Him or God doesn't exist and you are wasting your time trying to convince me and commenting about a subject that you are totally ignorant in.