Atheists Who Celebrate All The Good That God Causes , , , , ,

Gary Mac

All religious denominations make their own religious laws and their gods.
I have neither.
Sure you do just as these do. You have made laws to regulate your beliefs of God just as these has done. Perhaps the only difference in you and them is they use it as a means for enterprise.

bigthinker

Do you believe that we are alone in the universe? Do you believe that the earth is the only planet in the universe that has intelligent life?
no.
no.
I do not have beliefs either way.
Either we are alone or we are not.
Either earth is the only planet with intelligent life or it isn't.
At present we have no knowledge of intelligent life elsewhere.
if we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space.

bigthinker

Sure you do just as these do. You have made laws to regulate your beliefs of God just as these has done. Perhaps the only difference in you and them is they use it as a means for enterprise.
I do not.
I'm not like you and I do not think like you. I observe and form conclusions from what I observe.

no.
no.
I do not have beliefs either way.
Either we are alone or we are not.
Either earth is the only planet with intelligent life or it isn't.
At present we have no knowledge of intelligent life elsewhere.
if we are alone in the universe, it sure seems like an awful waste of space.

My Q: Do you believe that we are alone in the universe?

Your A: No.

My Q: Do you believe that the earth is the only planet in the universe that has intelligent life?

Your A: No.

Thank you for answering.

Are you familiar with the Kardeshev scale?

Gary Mac

I do not.
I'm not like you and I do not think like you. I observe and form conclusions from what I observe.
I agree totally you are not like me at all. your observation is limited and some things that you just cant understand. It doesn't mean they dont exist it is that you only believe they do not exist and form conclusions based on opinion and form laws to govern your beliefs. You only can observe what your eyes see, but cant fathom nor see from a mind that is not material but spirit.

bigthinker

I agree totally you are not like me at all. your observation is limited
Yes, in this -in our ability to observe, we have the same limits place on us by reality.
and some things that you just cant understand. It doesn't mean they dont exist it is that you only believe they do not exist
Existence is evidenced; we don't believe something exists unless there is existential evidence of it existing; a measurable, detectable effect of some kind.
and form conclusions based on opinion and form laws to govern your beliefs. You only can observe what your eyes see, but cant fathom nor see from a mind that is not material but spirit.
I can in fact, "fathom" that and have assessed it. Things that exist immaterially exist as concepts -or as you like to call it spirit.
We've been over this already, haven't we? "Spirit" = conceptual/of the mind. For example, we can observe that gods are invisible, have zero measurable or detectable effect on the physical world and yet have characteristics that can be described/defined. We observe that gods are conceptual.

Gary Mac

Yes, in this -in our ability to observe, we have the same limits place on us by reality.
Not at all. you observe Love as a concept, truth is in the reality of.
Existence is evidenced; we don't believe something exists unless there is existential evidence of it existing; a measurable, detectable effect of some kind.
Bingo. You cant know that what you have not been exposed to.
I can in fact, "fathom" that and have assessed it. Things that exist immaterially exist as concepts -or as you like to call it spirit.
We've been over this already, haven't we? "Spirit" = conceptual/of the mind. For example, we can observe that gods are invisible, have zero measurable or detectable effect on the physical world and yet have characteristics that can be described/defined. We observe that
If you could fathom Love you would know it isnt a concept at all but the manifestation of.
gods are conceptual.
Yes and are regulated by the laws to regulate them. And the god you have developed with the law of you are your own god with ultimate knowledge, the rest of these do not exist. Your concept for god is no different from any other religious beliefs just different laws you have developed to govern your beliefs is all.

Have you not come up with a belief that there is no gods to follow? And in that isnt the reality of that you have your own laws that you creed to?

Last edited:

John S

This thread is a steaming pile of stinking pooh. The tone of belligerence and disrespect is appalling. If these forums are moderated, the moderators are not doing their job. It should be entirely off-limits for one participant to tell another participant what that other participant thinks. Let each person speak for him or her self.

That said, I do think there to be an important issue at the heart of this thread. I have, therefore, started a new thread titled "Does God exist?" I invite you all to engage in that discussion if you can behave yourselves.