Authority/Responsibility

If no one has the authority then who should we listen to?
That is such an infantile question. We are adults no longer drinking milk, God has told us we can understand for ourselves His word. We have no need for a false authority. Listen to the HS and He is not with false leaders who fail the leadership requirements set down in the Word.

like the OT Canon?? What happened to the unified OT Canon?
The Orthodox church separated from the RCC and didn't acknowledge the authority of the Pope/Magisterium. A good illustration of what happens when Christians reject the authority of the church.

No need for it to be declared by any person at all. That is a false claim by RCs. How did the RCC know what to believe for the first 1500 years. You avoid the excellent point made by 1Thess521 that it wasn't infallibly declared until late, much later on.
It didn't have to be infallibly declared because it wasn't challenged.

The Orthodox church separated from the RCC and didn't acknowledge the authority of the Pope/Magisterium. A good illustration of what happens when Christians reject the authority of the church.
The Orthodox is as old as your institution, and it was more than the authority question as to why they split. You could say your institution demanding to have an emperor as its leader split from the Orthodox church. A good illustration of the RCC causing splits.

That is such an infantile question. We are adults no longer drinking milk, God has told us we can understand for ourselves His word. We have no need for a false authority. Listen to the HS and He is not with false leaders who fail the leadership requirements set down in the Word.
Great so my own understanding of His word and listening to the HS I have concluded that Jesus gave authority the Peter and his successors and we should listen to them.

Great so my own understanding of His word and listening to the HS I have concluded that Jesus gave authority the Peter and his successors and we should listen to them.
Yes but we have seen your understanding, if we follow your logic and not the HS Peter is Satan. I do not have much confidence in your understanding at all, based on your posts so far.

The Orthodox is as old as your institution, and it was more than the authority question as to why they split. You could say your institution demanding to have an emperor as its leader split from the Orthodox church. A good illustration of the RCC causing splits.
Yep this is what happens when Christians head down the road of individualism.

Well heresy forces the CC to make an infallible decision. The Canon of scripture wasn't challenged for the first 1500 years so there was no need for the CC to make an infallible decision.

So if the decision on what is God's written inspired word was not infallible then what certainty do we have that those writings we believe to be the written inspired word of God are indeed his written inspired word?
LOL the bad tree with false leaders thinks it is infallible and can make infallible decisions because it says so. What a joke. It would be funny if it wasn't leading people to hell.

Yep this is what happens when Christians head down the road of individualism.
Yep your institution is the prime example of what happens when a village decides to follow man and not Jesus. It goes off the rails as your institution has done. It becomes like Caesar, instead of being like Jesus.

Yes but we have seen your understanding, if we follow your logic and not the HS Peter is Satan. I do not have much confidence in your understanding at all, based on your posts so far.
Your understanding of my understanding is duly noted. But if no one has been given authority and you are not going to be held responsible then what reason is there that we should listen to you?

LOL the bad tree with false leaders thinks it is infallible and can make infallible decisions because it says so. What a joke. It would be funny if it wasn't leading people to hell.

Again you don't have the authority and you are not being held responsible.

If no one has the authority then who should we listen to?
First one needs to prove one has the authority. RCs fail to prove just because its institution claims authority that it has said authority. Its fruit proves it has no authority at all. The fact its leaders fail the very scriptures (it claims is God's word) leadership requirements, proves they don't have any authority. No mention of your RCC in the scriptures either.

Yep your institution is the prime example of what happens when a village decides to follow man and not Jesus. It goes off the rails as your institution has done. It becomes like Caesar, instead of being like Jesus.
Yes, we follow Jesus. The ship has gone through some very rough waters over the years, but its teachings has remained true and can be trusted.

First one needs to prove one has the authority. RCs fail to prove just because its institution claims authority that it has said authority. Its fruit proves it has no authority at all. The fact its leaders fail the very scriptures (it claims is God's word) leadership requirements, proves they don't have any authority. No mention of your RCC in the scriptures either.
But there is no mention of balshan in scripture either.

Your understanding of my understanding is duly noted. But if no one has been given authority and you are not going to be held responsible then what reason is there that we should listen to you?
Oh every person will be held responsible for who and what they follow. You cannot say but that authority told me I am right. It will not hold water with God.

I mean I had a pastor tell us in a sermon that he was responsible for us, so if he was sexually immoral and we followed he would be responsible. I was asked what I thought. My reply got me in hot water. I said if it states in black and white in God's word that something is wrong, then I cannot use another as an excuse for my sin. I am responsible. I have God's word, I can read therefore I am responsible.

We are all responsible before God for our decisions. He is very clear in His word. If we can read we are responsible, we cannot shift it onto someone else.

Yes, we follow Jesus. The ship has gone through some very rough waters over the years, but its teachings has remained true and can be trusted.
No evidence that the RCs follow Jesus at all. From their posts they follow their institution which does not follow Jesus or God's word at all. The ship is a sinking ship and it is not Noah's ark. Its teachings are mainly false and remain mainly false. Liars can never be trusted and your leaders are proven liars.

But there is no mention of balshan in scripture either.
Really I have never claimed I was in scripture. I have never claimed I am infallible either. What a pointless response by you, once again. As if Balshan is my name. LOL.

Sinners being saved by Jesus is in scripture and as an RC I was a sinner now I am saved by Jesus. All real believers are in scripture:

John 20:29 refers to all real believers:

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.”

Back