Authority/Responsibility

That is a very naïve perspective. The structural safety of mammoth constructions is only possible through thousands of years of development of physics and mathematics principles. Do you really think that you could go out on your own and get one of those bridges right without the benefit of that history?
Oh course the very naive perspective is coming from the RCC and their false claims, teachings. They love their fairy tales.

I am guided by tradition and the historical method developed therein to distinguish between authentic history and pseudo history. Or authentic science and pseudo science. How do you determine the authenticity?
You have yet to display that you use historical method and are able to distinguis between authentic history and pseudo, white washing history of the RCC. You follow the false traditions and history of the RCC, so you have no authenticity at all.

I see that you obviously don't know what this is either.

Or were you telling us that you never use your head for fear of being a Gnostic?
What I do is stay within my competence.

2 Cor 10 13 We, however, will not boast beyond limits but will keep within the field that God has assigned to us, to reach out even as far as you. 14 For we were not overstepping our limits when we reached you; we were the first to come all the way to you with the good news of Christ. 15 We do not boast beyond limits, that is, in the labors of others, but our hope is that, as your faith increases, our field among you may be greatly enlarged, 16 so that we may proclaim the good news in lands beyond you, without boasting of work already done in someone else’s field. 17 “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” 18 For it is not those who commend themselves that are approved but those whom the Lord commends.

To diminish tradition and the labors of others gone before us by boasting about our own independent competence is hubris.

2 Cor 10 13 We, however, will not boast beyond limits but will keep within the field that God has assigned to us, to reach out even as far as you. 14 For we were not overstepping our limits when we reached you; we were the first to come all the way to you with the good news of Christ. 15 We do not boast beyond limits, that is, in the labors of others, but our hope is that, as your faith increases, our field among you may be greatly enlarged, 16 so that we may proclaim the good news in lands beyond you, without boasting of work already done in someone else’s field. 17 “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” 18 For it is not those who commend themselves that are approved but those whom the Lord commends.

To diminish tradition and the labors of others gone before us by boasting about our own independent competence is hubris.
The only ones who boast have been the RCs they do this by saying things go over the heads of non RCs, that we have no authority etc those types of responses are hubris. It is something I found in abundance as an RC and that appalled me. I find it amusing that you need to focus on hubris, it is the same as commenting on our humble one is.

Boasting in those gone on before us
Paul says he
15 We do not boast beyond limits, that is, in the labors of others,

and Stella says

Stella1000 said:

============================================

So, tell us Stella;
why do you so boast about all the Fathers of the RCC ???

Boasting in those gone on before us
Paul says he
15 We do not boast beyond limits, that is, in the labors of others,

and Stella says

Stella1000 said:

============================================

So, tell us Stella;
why do you so boast about all the Fathers of the RCC ???
I'm not boasting about the early Fathers, I'm deferring to their particular theological work and wisdom as I do to the fathers of science, medicine, philosophy, history. We are the beneficiaries of the work and legacy of all the 'fathers'.

I'm not boasting about the early Fathers, I'm deferring to their particular theological work and wisdom as I do to the fathers of science, medicine, philosophy, history. We are the beneficiaries of the work and legacy of all the 'fathers'.
Yep even if the RCC misuses their works. Yep none of them are higher than God's word. RCs love to defer to anything other than the truth.

The only ones who boast have been the RCs they do this by saying things go over the heads of non RCs, that we have no authority etc those types of responses are hubris. It is something I found in abundance as an RC and that appalled me. I find it amusing that you need to focus on hubris, it is the same as commenting on our humble one is.
Ha! I remember reading a quote in Reader's Digest many years ago: "Funny thing about humility--once you think you have it, you've lost it!"

Only Jesus could say that He is humble of heart and NOT lose that humility.

Catholics like to boast that their church was founded by Jesus Christ, though that is totally false. But Paul says if we boast about anything, we should boast about Christ Jesus. Catholics don't do that--they "boast" about their church's supposed pedigree, instead.
Jesus is rarely mentioned by them other than them falsely claiming he founded their institution. They are under the impression because their leaders have made this claim it is true, but that proves nothing at all.

Jesus is rarely mentioned by them other than them falsely claiming he founded their institution. They are under the impression because their leaders have made this claim it is true, but that proves nothing at all.
Right you are. Jesus never gave His apostles the authority to add to scripture, or to teach unbiblical doctrines like Indulgences and the 4 Marian dogmas. "In vain do they worship Me, teaching for doctrine the precepts of men." And the RCC has been doing that for hundreds of years.

Back