Sherman

I tried posting about this in the How do I board and it didn't get noticed by the staff, so I probably posted it on the wrong board.

The software has developed a glitch. Members cannot upload avatars or cover images.

Take a look at all the new members. None of them have been able to install avatars.

When I try to update mine I get this:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

I tried removing the cover image to see if it would update and still get the same thing. I even tried the incognito window and still get the same error.

I tried posting about this in the How do I board and it didn't get noticed by the staff, so I probably posted it on the wrong board.

The software has developed a glitch. Members cannot upload avatars or cover images.

Take a look at all the new members. None of them have been able to install avatars.

When I try to update mine I get this:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

I tried removing the cover image to see if it would update and still get the same thing. I even tried the incognito window and still get the same error.
I’ll have to let Matt know. Not sure why it’s doing this.

I have noticed, clicking members, which shows the newly joined members no one newly joined has an avatar, so everyone is affected.

A thought which occurred to me today - Enabling Gravatar would at least give the members signing up a profile pic. None of the new members have one if you look at the member list.

Yeah as hope I can try Gravatar there. As tried to do another avatar but need to do Gravatar thank you!

I deleted mine because I was tired of it. Thankfully this platform does give members colorful default initials which makes the board pretty to look at.

i recreated all the files for the logo in vector and emailed them two years ago but I think that was to the email of the former mod, now deceased and the files disappeared into the void.

Five months later and still no new custom avatars.
I think the issue would be more urgent if the software just had the ugly gray placeholders. The dynamic default avatar system does make the board attractive, so it isn't much of an issue for me.

I think the issue would be more urgent if the software just had the ugly gray placeholders. The dynamic default avatar system does make the board attractive, so it isn't much of an issue for me.
It's not a big issue, but it is a nice way to illustrate something that is particularly meaningful to the member. I used to have an avatar that was a picture I took of the Bald Knob Cross of Peace when I visited southern Illinois. It had special meaning for me and I wanted to share a bit of that with members of the forum.

Back