[B]Beyond Textbook approval, here come the teachers and librarians:[/B]

Beloved Daughter

Educators Weigh In on Summer Reading Lists in SLJ/NCTE survey | School Library Journal

Books that school librarians was to remove from summer reading recommendations:

To Kill a Mockingbird

Shakespeare's WORKS

The Great Gatsby

Hatchet

The Catcher in the Rye

The Outsiders

Lord of the Flies

The Grapes of Wrath

Huckleberry Finn

The Little House on the Prairie

Tom Sawyer

Jane Eyre

Great Expectations

Little Women

Pride and Prejudice

Island of the Blue Dolphins

Of Mice and Men

Anthem

1984 (Yes, you read that correctly!)

Educators Weigh In on Summer Reading Lists in SLJ/NCTE survey | School Library Journal

To Kill a Mockingbird

Shakespeare's WORKS

The Great Gatsby

Hatchet

The Catcher in the Rye

The Outsiders

Lord of the Flies

The Grapes of Wrath

Huckleberry Finn

Tom Sawyer

Jane Eyre

Great Expectations

Little Women

Pride and Prejudice

Of Mice and Men

Anthem

Leftists are evil

Leftists are evil
They are indeed. I've read all of those books. Many were required reading.

My husband and I laughed when we saw that 1984 was listed. Imagine, they don't want anyone to know the truth. Most won't look for the copyright. 1984 is proof that liberals/progressives are trying to hide the truth. LOL.

You have a problem with using books that people can read?
All of these can be read without a degree in literature. I can say that a few of them would be challenges for people who aren't interested in the great messages they bring out.

I had a third grader who read Huckleberry Finn under the guidance of his teacher Mom. He did well and passed the Accelerated reader test on it.

I read To Kill a Mockingbird every year. I'm amazed at the clarity it provides regarding the evils of Jim Crow. The revelations of right and wrong. I'd hire Boo Radley if I could!

Hiding history from students in books such as Huck Finn and Tom Sawyer will not help young people understand from which we have come. The feministas hate Jane Eyre. Little Women and Little House on the Prairie. It's a point of view that many don't share, but many Christians applaud. This reminds me of Josh's statement To CJ on the West Wing. He called her a "Paranoid, Berkley, Shih Tzu, Feminista" I loved it. But I digress.

It's all about hiding something others don't want you to know about. Shameful. These are the reasons that Johnny can't read, write and utterly fails at history. Grade inflation is because no one demands anything of these readers.

As long as I am a teacher, I will support the readings of these books with parental involvement.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Last edited:
It's all about hiding something others don't want you to know about. Shameful. These are the reasons that Johnny can't read, write and utterly fails at history. Grade inflation is because no one demands anything of these readers.

As long as I am a teacher, I will support the readings of these books with parental involvement.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.
With Wuhan fru, many students never logged in and many dropped out.

My wife taught gifted in classes in the lowest scoring school in the district. The poor students had no parent involvement. The gifted teachers knew their student's parents. So one year the principal before school started, gave teachers a list and sent them to knock on the doors, say high to the parents. It worked . More parents got involved.

With Wuhan fru, many students never logged in and many dropped out.

My wife taught gifted in classes in the lowest scoring school in the district. The poor students had no parent involvement. The gifted teachers knew their student's parents. So one year the principal before school started, gave teachers a list and sent them to knock on the doors, say high to the parents. It worked . More parents got involved.
That is a great story. I'll bet many of those parents felt more connected to the organized community as a result of that policy, and more empowered to positively impact their kids education. That level of connection to (rather than estrangement from) their community is really important.

That is a great story. I'll bet many of those parents felt more connected to the organized community as a result of that policy, and more empowered to positively impact their kids education. That level of connection to (rather than estrangement from) their community is really important.
Speaking of parent involvement. With kids attending homeschool/online blended learning, parents saw a lot of material the schools didn't want parents to know about. Political content/

To Kill a Mockingbird

Shakespeare's WORKS

The Great Gatsby

Hatchet

The Catcher in the Rye

The Outsiders

Lord of the Flies

The Grapes of Wrath

Huckleberry Finn

Tom Sawyer

Jane Eyre

Great Expectations

Little Women

Pride and Prejudice

Of Mice and Men

Anthem

I don't see Gone With The Wind on there. My personal fav and it is still culturally relevant no matter what they say which is mostly opinion by illiterates. I asked a couple of young teachers if they ever read any Mary Shelly and they did not know who she was. If you are a female teacher and do not know anything about Mary Shelly and Frankenstein novel then it calls into question the actual value of their degree. There are other authors like Hermon Melville. All anyone has to do is quiz the teacher about what they read or have read in college. How can they discount books they have not read?

They are indeed. I've read all of those books. Many were required reading.

My husband and I laughed when we saw that 1984 was listed. Imagine, they don't want anyone to know the truth. Most won't look for the copyright. 1984 is proof that liberals/progressives are trying to hide the truth. LOL.
They move 1984 over to the syllabus of civic Praxis. Practical implementation that sort of thing.

To Kill a Mockingbird

Shakespeare's WORKS

The Great Gatsby

Hatchet

The Catcher in the Rye

The Outsiders

Lord of the Flies

The Grapes of Wrath

Huckleberry Finn

Tom Sawyer

Jane Eyre

Great Expectations

Little Women

Pride and Prejudice

Of Mice and Men

Anthem

Awoke version of low carbon book burning.

Back