Ban this piece of music now!

Waltz

I don't know if this ticks you off or not; but the idea of truck drivers, waitresses, and others of the type being exalted is sickening to many. Mr. Biden: ban this song. Now!

Thistle

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them." -- Abraham Lincoln.

With God's help, the common man will rise again.

Buzzard

Question for all;;;

What is the most important man of any civilization -- Bar None
a Preacher
Doctor
Politicians
Army Officers or Enlisted
School Teachers
Law Enforcement
Lawyers
Judges (Judicial / Tribe of Judah)
ect. ect. ect

Hint;
If you don't eat; nothing else matters
that right,
that uneducated, backwards, hillbilly, God fearing red neck Farmer

Michael R2

I think they did that originally in about 1977. I actually sang under Aaron Copland about that same time.
I would have loved that (except I can't sing that well). The closest I've ever come to that level was a brief, 2 minute meeting with Fred Waring.

Temujin

I would have loved that (except I can't sing that well). The closest I've ever come to that level was a brief, 2 minute meeting with Fred Waring.
As long as the group is big enough and you can just about carry a tune in a bucket, it doesn't matter. Singing in a large group is one of the most "spiritual" experiences I know. We have a tradition here of the male voice choir, which can move me to tears just listening, nevermind participating. Even a large sports crowd, when they get it together, can be transportative.

Waltz

Question for all;;;

What is the most important man of any civilization -- Bar None
a Preacher
Doctor
Politicians
Army Officers or Enlisted
School Teachers
Law Enforcement
Lawyers
Judges (Judicial / Tribe of Judah)
ect. ect. ect

Hint;
that right,
that uneducated, backwards, hillbilly, God fearing red neck Farmer

Well I dine every day.

Mr Laurier

I don't know if this ticks you off or not; but the idea of truck drivers, waitresses, and others of the type being exalted is sickening to many. Mr. Biden: ban this song. Now!

Only the very patrician will be offended by this song.

Michael R2

That's pretty cool. How did your paths cross?
His Young Pennsylvanians were performing at our high school and I was part of the set up and break down crew. I met him as he came offstage and he congratulated us all on the job we had done. I got the chance to shake his hand and tell him how much I enjoyed the show.

Buzzard

God made a Farmer

If you don't eat
-----

Nothing else matters

Thistle

His Young Pennsylvanians were performing at our high school and I was part of the set up and break down crew. I met him as he came offstage and he congratulated us all on the job we had done. I got the chance to shake his hand and tell him how much I enjoyed the show.
My experiance was similar with Aaron Copeland, as a high school student, he was directing in a choir.

Buzzard

No. Ban this fanfare first. Let the experts
Only the very patrician will be offended by this song.
No. Ban this fanfare first. Let the experts determine which is more deserving of existence.
patrician
a member of the original senatorial aristocracy in ancient Rome.

Michael R2

My experiance was similar with Aaron Copeland, as a high school student, he was directing in a choir.
While Waring's music was never my favorite, I have always appreciated watching musicians who truly love the music. It was obvious that night just how much he loved what he was doing, and how much of himself he put into it, especially at his age (middle 70s).