Baptism; After Salvation

BJ Bear

And yet for Mark 16:16, it is by not believing is how they are condemned without any special emphasis on being water baptized as to be saved. So you do not know if that baptism referring to God's baptism with the Holy Ghost.
Since there is no relative pronoun in search of an antecedent in Mark 16:16 it is pure imaginative error to pretend there is one. Mark 16:16 does not say or imply, "The one who believed this [other thing] and is baptized shall be saved..."
And since Peter went through so much trouble deferring from water as that is what is used to put away the filth of the flesh and emphasizing by believing in Jesus Christ which is the answer of a good conscience towards God by the resurrection of Jesus Christ is how one is baptized by God.
The parenthetical thought states that baptism is not this but that, so the question is what is acting nominative and what is the passive object receiving the action in, "baptism does now save you." The acting nominative is baptism and the passive object receiving the action is you.
What you are ignoring by all those scripture pointing that by believing in Him is how we are saved, not by making sure there is water around for water baptism, as if believing the preaching of the cross is not the power of God to save anyone that believes. Paul practically deferred from it which should not be ignored since it reproves your specific ideology.
That is a misunderstanding of Paul since baptism into Christ is not contrary to the cross of Christ. See Romans 6.
You are still reading that as water baptism when by faith in Jesus Christ is how we are all baptized in Christ having put on Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
I've read Galatians 3 according to it's immediate context rather than use some other text to import an alien idea. Baptism into Christ is the work of God.
Water baptism is an ordinance for new believers to follow as His disciple. Scripture denies that salvation is achieved by water baptism but by believing in Jesus Christ. That is the power of God in salvation otherwise, salvation would be achieved by preaching water baptism in Jesus's name without ever believing in Jesus Christ and so that would only conform to the world to an outward appearance as the Pharisees & the religious Jews were doing at John the Baptist's water baptism for what John the Baptist was chewing them out for.
Your argument is with Scripture. For example, Scripture says baptism does now save you through the resurrection of Christ, but you say that would mean, "salvation would be achieved by preaching water baptism in Jesus's name without ever believing in Jesus Christ."

You're still trying to separate faith, a noun, from what the Lord has given us to believe, a necessary part of the Christian revelation.

Reactions: Nic

BJ Bear

Are you the real BJ Bear who is the author of the following excellent resource, or someone else ? I ask because there is an imposter trolling me at Carm also, calling himself “ John Milton.”
What Nic said, definitely not me but I doubt impersonation was a goal or intent. My original nic long ago was bj -bear.

Last edited:

BJ Bear

Click bait maybe? Or as you say an imposter? BJ Bear is an adult Christian convert who upholds the Trinity.
Thanks, Nic! I prefer the old days when my nic was BJ -Bear, as in bj is not a bear. One of the board upgrades along the way ceased to allow the dash.