Baptism is a rite, not salvation !

Do you sin?
The question should be, "Do you wilfully sin?" My answer is no.
Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

If you sin then you are being disobedient.
Correct.
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Eph 5
5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God
6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
7 Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
If you sin you don't obey God..
Correct.Heb 2
1 Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.
2 For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;
3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;
...and your very own words say "if we disobey God then we can't be saved".
1 Peter 4:18
And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?
What you preach isn't biblical.
How so? Will there be any sinners in heaven?
It never has been and never will be biblical.
I have posted scriptures to support my position. Can you show me in your bible where those who practice sin go to heaven.

Do you sin? Yes or no....simple question.
No, I don't practice sin. In fact, no believer should. But if a believer happens to sin...
1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
1 John 5:16
If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

So, Crow Cross, do you practice sin? Yes or no?

DO YOU STILL SIN?
1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self-righteousness.

Why? the Bible says we should.

I was also saved prior to my baptism.....as baptism only shows association with the death burial and resurrection of Christ Jesus.
Baptism is a symbol of salvation in that it pictures Christ's death, burial and resurrection and our identification with Him in these experiences. In reality, believers are literally saved by what baptism symbolizes--Christ's death, burial and resurrection.

Baptism would have no meaning without Christ’s death, burial and resurrection, but Christ’s death, burial and resurrection would still have meaning, even if there were no baptism. In other words, Christ’s death, burial and resurrection is the substance and baptism is the sign/symbol/picture. Without the substance there would be no sign/symbol/picture.

Baptism put it in it's proper place, subsequent to salvation through faith in Christ as all rites and works must be. Baptism is for believers, and believers are already saved, for the Bible says we are saved by grace through faith, not by rites or religious works, or good works. This does not remove good works/acts of obedience (including water baptism) from the Christian life, it just puts them in their proper place, subsequent to regeneration and salvation.

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
If he forgives us of our sins and cleanses us from all unrighteousness, do we still have sins?

10 If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
That would be referring to before being cleansed from sins
Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self-righteousness.
I doubt anyone is making that claim. The issue here is if we sin we confess our sins and we are cleansed from them. If we are cleansed, how can you say we still have sins? Are we not free from all sins at that point? For a person to be in Christ, he cannot have any sins in him.

You just can't compute with those Scriptures can you?

Are you suggesting that if I did, you would follow me rather than Christ who did not? Does it not matter to you much more what Scripture says you ought to do rather than seeking excuses?
“For the eyes of the Lord are toward the righteous, And His ears attend to their prayer, But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.”

I've noticed you can't answer the question...what are you hiding?

DO YOU STILL SIN?

The question should be, "Do you wilfully sin?" My answer is no.
Hebrews 10:26
For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Everytime you sin you choose to sin. Or, are you going to tell me everytime you sin it's some sort of mistake?

Baptism is a symbol of salvation in that it pictures Christ's death, burial and resurrection and our identification with Him in these experiences.
where does the bible say baptism is a symbol of salvation?
In reality, believers are literally saved by what baptism symbolizes--Christ's death, burial and resurrection.
No, believers are saved by grace through faith. Baptism is an act of faith.
Baptism would have no meaning without Christ’s death, burial and resurrection,
So you are saying that Jesus was baptized with a baptism of no meaning?
but Christ’s death, burial and resurrection would still have meaning, even if there were no baptism.
How? Without baptism by what means would a believer have belief that he has died and risen with Jesus?
In other words, Christ’s death, burial and resurrection is the substance and baptism is the sign/symbol/picture. Without the substance there would be no sign/symbol/picture.
Christ death burial and resurrection are the substance of what? We believe that Jesus died and was resurrected, but we were not present.The bible teaches we are buried with him by baptism into death...This is done before we know what the baptism signifies because it is obedience to the faith.
Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Baptism put it in it's proper place, subsequent to salvation through faith in Christ as all rites and works must be.
How does that make any sense? you are saying that you are buried with Christ after you are saved. If you are already saved why get buried with Christ?
Baptism is for believers, and believers are already saved,
If a believer is already saved by doing nothing, what is the point of being buried with Christ?
for the Bible says we are saved by grace through faith, not by rites or religious works, or good works.
Faith without works is dead. So exactly through what faith were you saved? What were the works that made your faith effective?
This does not remove good works/acts of obedience (including water baptism) from the Christian life, it just puts them in their proper place, subsequent to regeneration and salvation.
So why didn't Peter say that? Acts 2
36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made the same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.
37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.
40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation.
41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

Everytime you sin you choose to sin.
Leviticus 4:2
Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a soul shall sin through ignorance against any of the commandments of the Lord concerning things which ought not to be done, and shall do against any of them:
Or, are you going to tell me everytime you sin it's some sort of mistake?
Are you that person who knows everything? In that case you have never sinned. And if you did it was deliberate.

Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, If a soul shall sin through ignorance against any of the commandments of the Lord concerning things which ought not to be done, and shall do against any of them:

Are you that person who knows everything? In that case you have never sinned. And if you did it was deliberate.
Are you admitting to your ignorance?

1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us. Those who believe they live a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life 100% of the time (exactly as Jesus lived) are suffering from a terminal case of self-righteousness.

Why do you have unconfessed sin?

Why do you have unconfessed sin?
Who said I did? Notice that - if we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness (vs. 9) is IN CONTRAST TO - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us (vs. 8) and - If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make him a liar, and his word is not in us (vs. 10).

Certain people misunderstand verse 9 to mean that we "must confess each and every sin that we commit as we commit them" (keep a specific inventory) as an "additional requirement" to "remain cleansed" and "if we forget a sin we are toast!"

Believers speak the same/acknowledge/agree with God's perspective about their sins and have a settled recognition and ongoing acknowledgment that one is a sinner in need of cleansing and forgiveness.

Certain people misunderstand verse 9 to mean that we "must confess each and every sin that we commit as we commit them" (keep a specific inventory) as an "additional requirement" to "remain cleansed" and "if we forget a sin we are toast!"
Certain people misunderstand the verse to mean you can sin and not confess it because they are saved with sin abiding in them.

Believers speak the same/acknowledge/agree with God's perspective about their sins and have a settled recognition and ongoing acknowledgment that one is a sinner in need of cleansing and forgiveness.
That is nonsense. You are saying that the cleansing does not work. If you are cleansed from all your sins how are you still a sinner?
Were you actually purged from your sins?
2 Peter 1:9
But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.

I am admitting that one can sin in ignorance, as the Bible says. Do you deny the Bible?
You really didn't answer my reply. I said:
"Everytime you sin you choose to sin. Or, are you going to tell me everytime you sin it's some sort of mistake?"
I then mentioned you..asking if all of your sins are comitted in ignorance.
"Are you admitting to your ignorance?"

You really didn't answer my reply. I said:
"Everytime you sin you choose to sin.
I did answer. The fact is the Bible says...
Is proof that not every time you sin, you choose to sin. Your argument is opposed to scripture. However, if you are speaking about yourself, your statement can be true of you, since you can choose to sin if yo want to.
Or, are you going to tell me everytime you sin it's some sort of mistake?"
I am telling you that I do not practice sin.
I then mentioned you..asking if all of your sins are comitted in ignorance.
Again, I am telling you that I do not practice sin. So "all of" what sins are you talking about?
"Are you admitting to your ignorance?"
Like I said before, I am admitting that one can sin in ignorance, as the Bible says. Do you deny the Bible?

Back